FastPass needs to be fixed for Premium Passholders

lebeau

The higher price means that for $128 above the price of the regular AP you get admission to the water parks and Disney Quest for a year. It doesn't mean "I'm better than other people in the parks, including other AP holders".

-Rob

I get that spending more money should buy one more entitlements. But what the OP (and many other passholders I know) seems to be missing is that they spend less per day than the guests who go less frequently. By that rational, hotel guests who spend more per day than anyone else, should get extra perks.

But the OP doesn't want to hear that or any other reasonable explanation.

coachdisney

Original Poster
The higher price means that for $128 above the price of the regular AP you get admission to the water parks and Disney Quest for a year. That's all that extra money is for.

It doesn't mean "I'm better than other people in the parks, including other AP holders".

-Rob
never said i was better than anyone else in the park, just think it is another tier above AP holder and i am just a guy taking my kids to the park when i can. actually that is my point the person staying on property has fast pass priority over a loyal consumer.

coachdisney

Original Poster
I get that spending more money should buy one more entitlements. But what the OP (and many other passholders I know) seems to be missing is that they spend less per day than the guests who go less frequently. By that rational, hotel guests who spend more per day than anyone else, should get extra perks.

But the OP doesn't want to hear that or any other reasonable explanation.
i thought we were good? I am not saying that at all, all i am saying is that as a PAP holder i should have the same fast pass capabilities as an on property guest and not locked out of something i want ot set up more than 30 days out

cw1982

In what way is someone who is staying on property NOT a loyal customer? Seems that I'm showing some level of loyalty if I am choosing to give WDW my hotel money when I could spend less elsewhere.

coachdisney

Original Poster
Again with the massive sense of entitlement.

:jawdrop:
not at all, just want the same capability as a resort person, again according to Disney that is not why it is 30 days as opposed to 60 days for the reserving of fast pass, they are telling me it is just because they don't believe locals plan ahead. they never said it was a perk for resort guest!

coachdisney

Original Poster
In what way is someone who is staying on property NOT a loyal customer? Seems that I'm showing some level of loyalty if I am choosing to give WDW my hotel money when I could spend less elsewhere.
loyal i mean by someone who comes 30+ times a year and buys the top tier ticket every year, you are loyal in returning and staying on property, no question there.

lunchbox1175

not at all, just want the same capability as a resort person, again according to Disney that is not why it is 30 days as opposed to 60 days for the reserving of fast pass, they are telling me it is just because they don't believe locals plan ahead. they never said it was a perk for resort guest!
You need to move past this statement, I bet you could call every day and get a different supervisor and get a completely different answer. He more than likely said this just to get off the phone because he didn't want to tell you that it is because they value the onsite guests more than they do the AP holders. If you have been one for a while you should know that by now, as "perks" have gone down significantly over the last two years while the price of the pass has gone up. The ultimate "perk" of a pass is that you don't have to pay $100 every day that you visit and that you can go to the parks 365 for $700-$800 instead of the $3000 that you would spend if you went for one day 30 times. Like @Monty said, the extra 30 days out perk is for getting a room at the resort, just like the 180 +10 for dining reservations, you stay on property, you get the additional perks. But what the non-AP holder does not get is the discounted rooms that you can get as an AP holder, Merchandise discounts, Special AP only events (even though they don't have many anymore), TIW discount as well. There is absolutely no justification at all for an AP holder to be able to book out a fastpass earlier than a guest staying on property when you have access to the park 365 days and have that many opportunities to see the attraction you want to see.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You do understand that as someone who lives in close proximity to WDW, as opposed to those that don't, you actually have a greater advantage, FPs or no? The shorter planning window simply reflects that fact, like it or not....

coachdisney

Original Poster
You need to move past this statement, I bet you could call every day and get a different supervisor and get a completely different answer. He more than likely said this just to get off the phone because he didn't want to tell you that it is because they value the onsite guests more than they do the AP holders. If you have been one for a while you should know that by now, as "perks" have gone down significantly over the last two years while the price of the pass has gone up. The ultimate "perk" of a pass is that you don't have to pay $100 every day that you visit and that you can go to the parks 365 for $700-$800 instead of the $3000 that you would spend if you went for one day 30 times. Like @Monty said, the extra 30 days out perk is for getting a room at the resort, just like the 180 +10 for dining reservations, you stay on property, you get the additional perks. But what the non-AP holder does not get is the discounted rooms that you can get as an AP holder, Merchandise discounts, Special AP only events (even though they don't have many anymore), TIW discount as well. There is absolutely no justification at all for an AP holder to be able to book out a fastpass earlier than a guest staying on property when you have access to the park 365 days and have that many opportunities to see the attraction you want to see.
not asking for earlier fastpass booking just the same opportunity to book it 60 days out

lebeau

never said i was better than anyone else in the park, just think it is another tier above AP holder and i am just a guy taking my kids to the park when i can. actually that is my point the person staying on property has fast pass priority over a loyal consumer.

The old "loyal customer" thing. I have been hearing this one a lot from locals and AP holders. I get it. I do. But you have to look at it from Disney's perspective. They are focused on per capita spending. Statistically, guests like yourself spend less per capita than the guests staying on site. They could care less about your loyalty. You are a less valuable customer to Disney than the family that saves up for a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Your loyalty (or anyone elses) isn't a currency. Disney can't spend it. It doesn't show up on a spreadsheet. It has no immediate value.

Plus, if you are really such a loyal customer, odds are you will keep giving Disney your money no matter what. Where is Disney's incentive to cater to you?

i thought we were good? I am not saying that at all, all i am saying is that as a PAP holder i should have the same fast pass capabilities as an on property guest and not locked out of something i want ot set up more than 30 days out

We're good. We have no personal beef. I seriously hope you have a great time with your family. But you are being absurd. Yes, you have a point. You have made it. But you're belly aching beyond all reason. It's very simple. The premium pass does not entitle you to this perk. Staying onsite does. If you don't like it, don't buy a premium pass next time.

As someone else noted, you have to get past that explanation. That's customer service double talk.

sjhym333

There are really 2 different things here. The first is should AP holders get a more then 30 day window? And the second is what does the Premium part of a Premium AP mean? No matter how one feels about what a Premium AP costs the reason that it is a Premium pass has nothing to do with your access to the parks but the additional access to golfing, water parks and Disney Quest. In terms of access to the parks Disney sees no difference between annual passes. So despite the cost of a Premium Pass you are just a ordinary passholder.

As for the 30 day window. Since I don't have young children the meet and greets aren't important to me so the fact that they seem to be always blocked out doesn't bother me. I do however understand the frustration of being a loyal Disney passholder and not being able to get access to the popular meet and greets. Disney could help by either holding off opening the meet and greets until the 30 day mark or find a way to earmark some spots for AP holders.

Last edited:

coachdisney

Original Poster
[

As for the 30 day window. Since I don't have young children the meet and greets aren't important to me do the fact that they seem to be always blocked out doesn't bother me. I do however understand the frustration of being a loyal Disney passholder and not being able to get access to the popular meet and greets. Disney could help by either holding off opening the meet and greets until the 30 day mark or find a way to earmark some spots for AP holders.[/QUOTE]
thank you, its not the fact that i want extra just equal opportunity to obtain a fast pass for M&G

mcurtiss

twisting the logic on its nose, if a AP holder did have a 60 day window to get FP for meet & greets and went 10-20 times a year and took advantage of all of those FP opportunities, I'd say that was decidedly unfair for people who go infrequently and stay at a Disney resort.

coachdisney

Original Poster
twisting the logic on its nose, if a AP holder did have a 60 day window to get FP for meet & greets and went 10-20 times a year and took advantage of all of those FP opportunities, I'd say that was decidedly unfair for people who go infrequently and stay at a Disney resort.
i agree with that, but i should have the opportunity to at least choose ONE time

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
[

As for the 30 day window. Since I don't have young children the meet and greets aren't important to me do the fact that they seem to be always blocked out doesn't bother me. I do however understand the frustration of being a loyal Disney passholder and not being able to get access to the popular meet and greets. Disney could help by either holding off opening the meet and greets until the 30 day mark or find a way to earmark some spots for AP holders.
thank you, its not the fact that i want extra just equal opportunity to obtain a fast pass for M&G[/QUOTE]
But you get extra opportunities for them, by the very virtue of the number of times you visit. Offsetting that with a shorter window isn't exactly going to break any hearts over your complaints....

Mouse_Trap

I really don't think the 30 day window for AP is because disney is favoring resort guests, I think it is to keep AP holders from making unneeded FP and never using them..unless there is already a system in place to prevent this? I don't see how Disney would prevent it unless they somehow punished AP when their FP's were not used consecutively.

I could see how this could potentially manifest a problem, i.e. if AP holders started booking FP for days they have no intention of visiting. Quite feasibly, especially on lower capacity attraction they could take up a significant % of the FPs made available and then never show up.

Why would they do this? I dunno really, the only reason I can think of is if they a being malicious and want to deny others FP availability or just make selections just in case they decide to go on that day in 1 or 2 months time.

I would suggest it would be worth monitoring how many FPs are allocated to tickets which never enter the park that day. Maybe then taking action such as removing FP+ eligability is people are caught abusing it.

JediMasterMatt

Unfortunately, for WDW - a pass means high probability of being local or at the very miniumum, a frequent visitor who knows how to exploit the "system" and is not as likely to spend money like the "tourist". The entire system is designed to provide value (both real and preceived) to that which provides the most return on investment at WDW - the resorts. Hotel occupancy means everything and is even better if they can lock in your food dollars and keep you away from having a rental car that could take your money elsewhere.

As a passholder, they've got your money as soon as you pay for the pass. If you don't return, their money is already made for the year. The dollars you spend on food, gifts, and entertainment is pure gravy to them. WDW needs to sell you a room.

I've been paying for the Premier Passport and have never felt it has entitled me to anything other than the admissions and discounts it has promised. The unfortunate truth is that the WDW resort doesn't cater to the loyal and locals - we are an afterthought.

RonAnnArbor

I have an annual pass, but I also stay on property every trip so it has never been a problem -- and they have now corrected the park hopping problem with at least extra fastpasses after your first three...BUT, if this post is mostly about the Frozen Meet and Greet, remember that you can get to the park at rope drop like everyone else, with or without fastpasses, and get in line -- you can be in and out in half an hour if you get there when they open EVEN WITHOUT FASTPASSES....I'm just sayin'....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom