FastPass needs to be fixed for Premium Passholders

lebeau

good luck with your visit in 28 days

Thanks. And have a great trip when you go.

I'm not unsympathetic to your situation. But the way you're approaching it here leaves a lot to be desired. The policy may be less than ideal. But it is what it is and there are obviously reasons for the 30 day window. Don't let it ruin your trip.

I hope your girls will get to meet Anna and Elsa. @Weather_Lady has provided the best tips to do so.

Enjoy your trip.

lunchbox1175

I really don't think the 30 day window for AP is because disney is favoring resort guests, I think it is to keep AP holders from making unneeded FP and never using them..unless there is already a system in place to prevent this? I don't see how Disney would prevent it unless they somehow punished AP when their FP's were not used consecutively.
I agree here, I believe that is the reasoning behind it. I am also a Premium Passholder, and I have absolutely no problem with the fact that it is 30 days. The OP stated he is someone that comes 30+ times, so he has many more opportunities to go to the attractions that he wants to go on, as opposed to someone who does go once a year. Who should get the priority, it should be the people who have less opportunity, not someone that can come every weekend. You already get the same pass that I have for $110 less and you can pay it over the course of the year just because you live in Florida, stop complaining!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
yes i did, no entiltlement here just want the same perks as some one that comes once every 5 years
You get exactly the same perks as someone who comes once every 5 years. However, you don't get the same perks as someone who books a resort stay, because you're not booking a resort stay.

Same as Extra Magic Hours, renting a room gets you the perk, not buying a ticket.

coachdisney

Original Poster
not to see attractions such as anna and elsa are booked beyond the 30 days i can set fastpasses, i anticipate 7dwarf to be the same when it comes online

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
not to see attractions such as anna and elsa are booked beyond the 30 days i can set fastpasses, i anticipate 7dwarf to be the same when it comes online
But that doesn't have much to do with your FP+ window as it does the popularity of the particular M&G, or a brand-new ride.

coachdisney

Original Poster
sure it does if the window for premium passholders was the same as a resort guest 60 days then you would have equal opportunity to select a date that works for you, also if the window was expanded then on site guest that don't set their fastpass choices early enough, passes would open up because pass holders would be more spread out and not all condensed in a 30 day window, if you are a guest on property and you wait until say 20 days out you will not get the choices you might want

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
sure it does if the window for premium passholders was the same as a resort guest 60 days then you would have equal opportunity to select a date that works for you, also if the window was expanded then on site guest that don't set their fastpass choices early enough, passes would open up because pass holders would be more spread out and not all condensed in a 30 day window, if you are a guest on property and you wait until say 20 days out you will not get the choices you might want
You're assuming any FPs for that particular M&G or new ride would be available. But considering that people are lining up outside the gates for the Anna and Elsa M&G, your personal FP window has very little to do with your getting in to see them. Ditto for a brand-new ride. In fact, it can be argued that since you have the ability to go far more often would actually give you a great chance at seeing both attractions over one who visits once a year or less....

coachdisney

Original Poster
there are incentives like extra magic hours, but Disney is not saying that the 60 day window is an incentive, they are saying that they belive passholders don't plan more than 30 days out, if it is a perk then say it is a perk. But wheni called and spoke to a supervisor, he informed me it was just a policy not a perk, and he said to me yes i see your frustration

coachdisney

Original Poster
You're assuming any FPs for that particular M&G or new ride would be available. But considering that people are lining up outside the gates for the Anna and Elsa M&G, your personal FP window has very little to do with your getting in to see them. Ditto for a brand-new ride. In fact, it can be argued that since you have the ability to go far more often would actually give you a great chance at seeing both attractions over one who visits once a year or less....
not always true if you get there and the line is 3 hours and all fastpasses are taken, then that means i just have more opportunity to look at the ride or m&g and say it would be nice to do that, i just get to wish in person not on TV

xstech25

It's really not much of a "perk" to book your FPs 60 days in advance opposed to 30. I have used FP+ multiple times and never had any issues getting anything day of (except for in the afternoon like always). I think its more of a hotel people tend to book their vacations in advance, and they want to limit the likeliness of APs booking and not even going to the park type thing.

I have no idea how much capacity a meet & greet like the Frozen one (which has 2 sets of princesses meeting at the same time) yields...but obviously it's not enough to meet the demand. Meet & greets and shows/parades that only happen once a day are obviously going to be the most difficult to get FP for because the lack of capacity, I think the extreme popularity of the movie created a bad conundrum.

Also, lets be honest Disney spends so much time dealing with certain APs constant complaining about everything it gets to the point where people lose credibility. Disney would probably rather lose your business and go out and fill the parks with people who aren't going to bog them down with complaints. "Firing a customer" is a big topic in business but its also an economic reality (now i'm not saying Disney purposely is trying to reduce APs, but if someone is constantly complaining about everything it becomes "take it or leave it" and the company moves on to other things).

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
not always true if you get there and the line is 3 hours and all fastpasses are taken, then that means i just have more opportunity to look at the ride or m&g and say it would be nice to do that, i just get to wish in person not on TV
It is true, just not through the FP+ system. Sorry that your being a "Premium Passholder" isn't as advantageous as you'd prefer, but right now that particular M&G is going to be booked for the foreseeable future, ditto the new ride when it opens. Since your'e there more often than most, you can either avail yourself of the normal line, or accept that those example are going to be booked for your window (and pretty much everyone else's) for some time to come.

coachdisney

Original Poster
It is true, just not through the FP+ system. Sorry that your being a "Premium Passholder" isn't as advantageous as you'd prefer, but right now that particular M&G is going to be booked for the foreseeable future, ditto the new ride when it opens. Since your'e there more often than most, you can either avail yourself of the normal line, or accept that those example are going to be booked for your window (and pretty much everyone else's) for some time to come.
Sorry that me being a Premium Passholder is offending you, that's just it, it is not booked for everyone else, people who can set up there fast pass between days 31-60 have taken all of them, passholders are locked out

JediMasterMatt

Darn!

I thought this thread was going to be about something that was an actual issue (the problems with My Disney Experience and Premier Passports) and not just another complaint about FP+. I should've known better before clicking.

For what it's worth, there was (and perhaps still is) an issue with the Premier Passports and My Disney Experience and thus linking into everything connected off of the MM+ system. For whatever reason, the "bestest" pass doesn't play nice with the software that is ironcially attempting to unify Disney Parks. Two years ago it took the actual software engineering team 4 hours on the phone to get our two bi-coastal passes linked. This year it only took about 2 hours. Mine worked almost instantly once the software team got on the phone; but, my wife's took them another 2 hours of messing with it just to show up online so we could make reservations. I don't think they ever got it 100% fixed as FP+ somehow dropped day 2 and 3 out of our 4 day stay to WDW for her selections. Of course the beauty of the FP+ system is that if anything does go wrong with reservation times for one of your party and you try to fix it in advance of your arrival - they have no way of overidding the available times to put your party back in sync. The solution for all tech problems for FP+ as I was told by the software team for MM+.... show up at the designated time for your FP that is linked and then have the Cast Member deal with it.

I did eventually come up with a good solution to our Premier Passport MM+ FP+ issues... head west to the park that doesn't use this mess.

Oh, and coachdisney - you don't get what you pay for in terms of the level of pass you select. As you can read above, the highest tier or pass gives you more headaches than the lower level.

My 2 cents are that coachdisney's thoughts are the unfortunate way of the future. Disney IS trying to get to a point where to get what you want, you will pay more. Although, it is very naive to think that a "local" person will ever get "more" under this model. WDW isn't about catering to the local, or the loyal at this point. It's all about the out of town guest that they can hold captive at their resort. MM+ by its very intent is to lay the framework where they can attract the big fish, a whale to use a Vegas analogy, and hold them captive at the resort by making all of their FP+ reservations in advance. The future will likely bring more descrepancy between the annual pass holders and resort guests.

If you want to visit a place that rewards the local and loyal, Disneyland Resort is right up your alley. By design there, they actually try to shoo away the out of town vacationer by limiting the number of days you can purchase on a ticket.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sorry that me being a Premium Passholder is offending you, that's just it, it is not booked for everyone else, people who can set up there fast pass between days 31-60 have taken all of them, passholders are locked out
Your being a Premium Passholder is of complete indifference to me. Your p&m routine over not being able to get FPs for the most popular attraction at all of WDW right now is however to me absurd. As is the fact that one who visits "30 times a year" refuses to recognize that he could simply get into the M&G line early one morning with a better chance of seeing Anna and Elsa over those who don't visit nearly that often and are out of luck via FP because of demand. You can either use your proximity to WDW to your advantage or not. But tossing about the "Premium Passholder" line as if it's equivalent to some sort of rank isn't going to solve your problem vis a vis seeing the princesses any more than this thread will change Disney's policies.

Rob562

Not to get too involved in the discussion, but my question to the OP is this: Since you keep throwing around the "Premium Annual Passholder" term, does that imply that you think that a Premium AP should have better access in the parks than a regular AP?

-Rob

coachdisney

Original Poster
Not to get too involved in the discussion, but my question to the OP is this: Since you keep throwing around the "Premium Annual Passholder" term, does that imply that you think that a Premium AP should have better access in the parks than a regular AP?

-Rob
Absolutley higher tier of pass

lebeau

Your being a Premium Passholder is of complete indifference to me. Your p&m routine over not being able to get FPs for the most popular attraction at all of WDW right now is however to me absurd. As is the fact that one who visits "30 times a year" refuses to recognize that he could simply get into the M&G line early one morning with a better chance of seeing Anna and Elsa over those who don't visit nearly that often and are out of luck via FP because of demand. You can either use your proximity to WDW to your advantage or not. But tossing about the "Premium Passholder" line as if it's equivalent to some sort of rank isn't going to solve your problem vis a vis seeing the princesses any more than this thread will change Disney's policies.

Can I like this more than once? Please?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom