FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Chipperson

Outside of the paid/free issue, my biggest worry is that, when FPs do return, they will be tied to Park Pass reservations and the "you must visit your reserved park first" restriction remains in place. Often, on our multi-park days, we'd make afternoon FP+ reservations at one park, and then rope drop a different park. If we're only allowed to make FP reservations for our first park of the day, we'll no longer be able to do this, and our touring strategies will be much less flexible/efficient.

I'm sure FP bookings would be tied to your Park Pass reservation IF they allow FPs to be booked ahead of time since there's no way to guarantee that you'll be able to enter the other park on busy days (and guaranteeing access to your 2nd park would essentially be giving you 2 Park Pass reservations for 1 day). If they limit us to only same-day FPs booked from inside the park then I can't imagine that they would limit you to only your 1st park since that would be artificially limiting their own revenue stream if they charge for them (and you could book FPs in another park once you used up your first park selections previously).

JAB

I'm sure FP bookings would be tied to your Park Pass reservation IF they allow FPs to be booked ahead of time since there's no way to guarantee that you'll be able to enter the other park on busy days (and guaranteeing access to your 2nd park would essentially be giving you 2 Park Pass reservations for 1 day). If they limit us to only same-day FPs booked from inside the park then I can't imagine that they would limit you to only your 1st park since that would be artificially limiting their own revenue stream if they charge for them (and you could book FPs in another park once you used up your first park selections previously).
I agree that if they do bring back advance FP that it will very likely have to be tied to your Park Pass reservation - it makes sense from a Disney logistics standpoint; that's what's got me worried. Regardless, I'll still take advance FPs over on-site, day-of FPs; being tied to Park Pass just makes things less flexible and more difficult to plan as efficiently.

Everything regarding FP is still speculation at this point, though, so I'm not going to get hung up on anything that isn't officially announced. I just wish they'd make a decision soon - not knowing for sure how things will be in May is wreaking havoc on my attempts to plan, since I have to make my plans based on how things are now (because that's the only concrete information I have to base things on), but I also have to have secondary plans based on what *might* change between now and then ready to go just in case. o_O

mysto

You know, there are a LOT of possibilities surrounding this topic! It's complicated.

I imagine there are *heated* arguments in boardrooms going on regarding all these myriad decisions right now. The lack of an announcement may be due to the Disney "group mind" not quite coming together. Strong personalities committed to an idea, or against it. Analysts asked to do a study of an idea and dredge up some numbers. "Jenny, where are those numbers on pre-planning's effect on uplift?"

Someone should be in those rooms filming a documentary.

Jeff4272

Yup. But I wont pay to stay onsite anymore. Disney is penny wise pound foolish

there’s a finite amount of money most people will spend. If they are now charging to skip lines, then they will be losing it from me somewhere else. That happens to be lodging in my case. Staying at universal And going to wdw parks for a few days saves a ton of money vs staying on wdw Property and you still get a great experience because their hotels are excellent
Don’t you think it’s completely realistic to assume that you could do all 4 parks in way fewer days by buying FP and this save money on number of park days and hotel nights? I think this could backfire on Disney. I could see people shortening their trips from 7 to 4 days and then going to universal or another place and still spend way less money.

DisneyDodo

Don’t you think it’s completely realistic to assume that you could do all 4 parks in way fewer days by buying FP and this save money on number of park days and hotel nights? I think this could backfire on Disney. I could see people shortening their trips from 7 to 4 days and then going to universal or another place and still spend way less money.
That's what I'm thinking. If I can spend twice as much per day to get twice as much done, I'll do that, and spend half as many days in the parks. And if there are no perks to staying onsite, I'd also save money by staying somewhere cheaper. When all is said and done, Disney would have less of my money and I will have gotten just as much benefit out of them.

DisneyDodo

Outside of the paid/free issue, my biggest worry is that, when FPs do return, they will be tied to Park Pass reservations and the "you must visit your reserved park first" restriction remains in place. Often, on our multi-park days, we'd make afternoon FP+ reservations at one park, and then rope drop a different park. If we're only allowed to make FP reservations for our first park of the day, we'll no longer be able to do this, and our touring strategies will be much less flexible/efficient.
My guess is that it wouldn't actually matter all that much when you book the FPs because I wouldn't anticipate availability being much of a concern here. These FPs should be priced such that demand rarely every exceeds supply (otherwise Disney would be leaving money on the table). If that't true, you'd be able to hop over to the park at any time and grab a FP for whichever attraction with a window in the not-too-distant future.

UNCgolf

My guess is that it wouldn't actually matter all that much when you book the FPs because I wouldn't anticipate availability being much of a concern here. These FPs should be priced such that demand rarely every exceeds supply (otherwise Disney would be leaving money on the table). If that't true, you'd be able to hop over to the park at any time and grab a FP for whichever attraction with a window in the not-too-distant future.

I'm not sure you'll be able to book FPs in advance. I think it would make more sense for Disney to only sell them day of to people who are already in the park. It could become a customer service issue if they presell them and then plans change -- not that Disney would have to give refunds, but I imagine they'd rather avoid the headache of a ton of people calling about wanting to change the FPs they bought two months ago.

Are you allowed to purchase them in advance with the current Paris system?

matt9112

I'm trying to make sense of the last several pages. I know I will be told to "go and read everything yourself" but, in all honesty, it's too much. So here are a few questions:

*Are we to assume that WDW is going to adopt the same system as DL Paris? Is that a given at this point?
*Will they adjust the EMH to accommodate the fact that people will have to make "FP" (premier access) reservations when they get into the park? 30 minutes isn't going to cut it and it will pretty much be taken up with fiddling on the phone.
*Does anyone think that Disney will benefit from this? Especially if there is no perk for staying on site?

Your perk is those 30 minutes...cant even be called EMH there EMMs. The cold reality is they have chipped away and peooke keep coming they keep visiting. I believe they are also ok with moving less rooms on a numeric basis. Look at GF loosing rooms to become more dvc soon. Yall keep lapping that dvc up like its candy. As long as you keep paying they will keep squeezing.

Rumor is WDW will get some type of system that is similar to paris.

matt9112

For any of those who would go to WDW and stay in Deluxe, I know this might be hard to believe, but I've been actually thinking about this paid FP system and the more i think about it, the more I think it will actually save me money and increase the quality of my stay.........Hear me out

- I live in northeast and we go 1x per year on average for 7 nights/8days and stay at Contemporary for my family of 5

- If i now stay in a Premier hotel at Universal for the 7 days and get Express Pass, I will likely cut my hotel costs significantly (for eg. March 12-19, 2022 Contemporary is $829 per night vs Hard Rock UOR is $454 per night). $375 per night cheaper x 7 is $2625.00 total savings (I'd argue Hard Rock is WAY better than Contemporary but that's an argument for another post)

- Buy a 3 day WDW park Hopper ticket and spend the $ on paid FP (5 x $20 per ride x 5 rides per park is $500 per park)........Obviously overestimating cost @ $20 per ride which it wont be and probably wont need to buy 5 per park, but I'm using higher numbers for the sake of the argument.......That cost is only $2,000 (again, at high end of estimate and for 5 rides per park)

- for the 3 day Park Hopper, we we do 1 full day MK and the other 2 days do HS in am and Epcot at night and then AK in the am and Epcot at night

- 3 days in Universal Parks and then the 2 remaining pool/Disney Springs days

This plan gets me in a nicer hotel, no lines at all at Universal, 5 paid FP per park in WDW and saves me $

Why would I ever stay in a WDW hotel again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ALOT of people woukd never do that. This biard specifically is full of people that will never visit universal and dosen't give them the time of day. Disney is counting on those die hards.

matt9112

Don't know how many people are typically traveling together at Disney, but that's $150 for 3 people and $200 for 4. How many visitors would be willing and able to pay that sort of premium for a single attraction?

Anyone who doesn't win the lottery? Are you forgetting you cant just wait in line. The boarding group thing hopefully isnt expanded but if it is its a great opportunity. Aww no you didn't win the lottery today? Well you can buy a ride on haunted mansion. Etc. Also great opportunity to have real time pricing. For example price of a FP at its a small world at rope drop might be 3 dollars PP or 5 dollars PP but at 2pm it might be 15 PP splash mountain might be 5 dollars if its a 25 minute wait and 15 if its 45 etc. They could easily charge 50 PP on the really hard to get on and long line prone attractions. Think 7DMT and ROTR or FOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom