FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil of Baker Street

But the tier system by the end prevented you from picking 3 tickets at every park.

And I'm here now. It's a busy summer day in July. The park is always packed. Lines move relatively quickly. If FP existed the pathways would be even more congested, the lines would be even more backed up (because people would be in two lines at once, technically) and once you burned through your pre-booked ones, you'd likely wind up having to wait in much longer lines for everything else. It's a shell game.
The only park that a 3rd FP was kinda meh because of tiers is EPCOT. You could get great FPs at the other 3 parks.

jpinkc

The only park that a 3rd FP was kinda meh because of tiers is EPCOT. You could get great FPs at the other 3 parks.
I never really understood why Epcot was that way. I mean come on Test Track Frozen and Soarin were the only attractions with large waits in the whole place. We skipped Test Track on our last few trips. Its cool but to me its a one and done.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I never really understood why Epcot was that way. I mean come on Test Track Frozen and Soarin were the only attractions with large waits in the whole place. We skipped Test Track on our last few trips. Its cool but to me its a one and done.
That's exactly why they were all tier one and you could only choose one of them.
Otherwise everyone would have chosen all 3 of them.

I agree about TT though. I've also skipped it the last few trips.
Not as much of a fan of the 2.0 version so if I don't RD EPCOT or have a FP for it I don't bother with it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
World of Motion crushed both versions of Test Track. However, I’ve been told that I would no longer enjoy a 15 minute ride rich with show scenes and animatronics because I have a cell phone and that a non thrilling, nonsensical thrill ride is preferable. Further, the existence of more rides with capacities north of 3,000 per hour would render this debate moot, but Disney has forgotten the lessons of yore.

UNCgolf

World of Motion crushed both versions of Test Track. However, I’ve been told that I would no longer enjoy a 15 minute ride rich with show scenes and animatronics because I have a cell phone and that a non thrilling, nonsensical thrill ride is preferable. Further, the existence of more rides with capacities north of 3,000 per hour would render this debate moot, but Disney has forgotten the lessons of yore.

World of Motion was probably a top 10 all time WDW attraction. Unfortunately, a good percentage of what would populate that top 10-15 list for me no longer exists (like WoM).

wutisgood

People actually getting on rides doesn't make them money these days. People paying for upcharges and extra hotel days does. They are artificially extending stays.

I prefer Anaheim anymore since you are competing with less guests for more rides in a given day

Last edited:

lightguy

But the tier system by the end prevented you from picking 3 tickets at every park.

And I'm here now. It's a busy summer day in July. The park is always packed. Lines move relatively quickly. If FP existed the pathways would be even more congested, the lines would be even more backed up (because people would be in two lines at once, technically) and once you burned through your pre-booked ones, you'd likely wind up having to wait in much longer lines for everything else. It's a shell game.
We can agree to disagree. All I can say is that FP+ made my family's trips significantly better VS what we just experienced. With that said, everyone should remember that there are still many variables at play that impact current conditions (though I doubt things would be any better without them...likely worse): the parks are not yet operating at even summer capacity as far as we can tell, let alone full capacity; most entertainment and shows are still down- many of these are very high capacity, so that could have a real impact, but likely offset by even higher attendance; the limitations on park hopping until 2 PM impact late morning/afternoon crowds- some parks would likely be more busy and some less busy without those limits.

At the end of the day, none of us really get a vote in what is going to happen (sure, vote with your money and answer surveys, but that won't change the next 6 months). Right now, today, is as fast pass free as WDW is probably ever going to be. Not bringing fastpass back in some form isn't on the table. So we can debate whether WDW is better with or without FP+, but the reality is that sometime soon Disney is bringing SOMETHING back. I see 3 possibilities:

1. Some combination of a free tier and paid tier. Everyone (or maybe just resort guests) gets 1 or 2 FP's and then anyone can buy additional ones. I could also see them tiering it so everyone gets 1, resort guests at moderate hotels get 2 and resort guests a deluxe hotels get 3 and you can buy more.

2. Fully paid FP for the masses- basically FP+ but with a lowish $10-$15 per day fee. Low enough that a large percentage of people pay it. That option might actually generate the largest profits for them.

3. Fully paid FP for the rich- some form of FP- per ride or unlimited- at a high cost- $10-$20+ per ride or $200-$300+ per day. It has to be high enough that relatively few people will use it in order not to impact standby too badly (bad press) and to make the cost worth it to people (basically walk on access).

Just my thoughts, we'll see what happens.

UNCgolf

I'm still gambling that they'll release some information on Monday. That will be the precise 60 day mark before the 50th kicks off.

Depends on the system they're going with. If they're going to go with the same system that now exists at DLP, they wouldn't have to announce anything until the day before it goes live since there's no pre-booking.

deix15x8

I haven't been following too closely but hasn't the Disneyland Paris paid fastpass been a disaster for any guests not paying for it so far?
It doesn't launch until August 5th so anyone claiming it's a disaster has no idea what they are talking about, those same people likely aren't aware that paid FastPass has been at Disneyland Paris for years along side the traditional paper version.

nickys

Premium Member
I haven't been following too closely but hasn't the Disneyland Paris paid fastpass been a disaster for any guests not paying for it so far?
Not that I’ve seen. Certainly in the early days the only ride that actually opened the standby return pass system was Crush. The lines for other rides seem to have been reasonable,

nickys

Premium Member
It doesn't launch until August 5th so anyone claiming it's a disaster has no idea what they are talking about, those same people likely aren't aware that paid FastPass has been at Disneyland Paris for years along side the traditional paper version.
The opening day saw the standby return pass system being used, albeit only for Crush it seems. The Premier Access launches Aug 5th.

Last edited:

Jeff4272

Disney’s deluxe resort extra hours announcement has me now thinking that there will be no free FP for any resorts guests. Deluxe guests will get low attendance/lines for extra hours but if you are there during peak hours you will have to pay to skip.

The initial rollout of the extra hours offered seem terrible too. Only 2 nights and only Epcot and MK? No bueno

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
GIVE ME SOMETHING I'M SO TIRED OF NOT HAVING INFO!
Also what's up with the Christmas after hours? Thanks for no announcements about dates/pricing etc even though we are supposed to be able to buy them in August... Sorry off topic I know. I'm getting frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom