Fastpass + Help

oceanbreeze77

Original Poster
Hello! I have an upcoming WDW trip planned for june 12-26. Very excited but i have a few questions regarding fastpass+. I am a west coaster so paper fast passes still make me happy ;) In regards to the 60 days booking, when it says midnight, is that midnight florida so 9 PM my time?

Also What are your crowd and weather experiences during these days?
Any advice is appreciated =) thank you!

Tom

Beta Return
You will be able to start booking your Fastpasses at 12:00am Eastern Time (WDW time). However, if a park is open past midnight that night, you won't be able to start booking Fastpasses until the last park closes. And they could also be doing site/server maintenance, so there's a chance it won't be available until morning.

June will be hot, and it will probably rain at least a couple days during the trip. Not as bad as July and August, but it's still summer in Florida.

Also, since all schools will be out, crowds will be ramping up. Again, not the peak crowds of July and August, but more crowded than May.

oceanbreeze77

Original Poster
You will be able to start booking your Fastpasses at 12:00am Eastern Time (WDW time). However, if a park is open past midnight that night, you won't be able to start booking Fastpasses until the last park closes. And they could also be doing site/server maintenance, so there's a chance it won't be available until morning.

June will be hot, and it will probably rain at least a couple days during the trip. Not as bad as July and August, but it's still summer in Florida.

Also, since all schools will be out, crowds will be ramping up. Again, not the peak crowds of July and August, but more crowded than May.
Thank you for your response. In terms of the rain does it rain all day or is it mainly those sporadic storms florida is famous for?

Tom

Beta Return
Thank you for your response. In terms of the rain does it rain all day or is it mainly those sporadic storms florida is famous for?

Typically just mid-day storms that last an hour or two. Sometimes they'll turn into all-day thunderstorms, but rarely. Whatever you do, stick it out if you're in a park. Get some of those $1.99 disposable ponchos at Walmart, Target or Meijer and just pack one or two in your pocket (I wear cargo shorts, so I can carry 1 or 2 each day). Hop between rides and buildings as much as you can, then get out a poncho when you have to be outside for a while. When it stops, throw it away, rather than carry around a wet poncho. That's our strategy, anyway.

In many cases, a storm will drive people away from the parks, especially if it's in the afternoon when most people head back to the resort for a reprieve anyway. If you have strong endurance, like I said, stick it out.

seafoodbuffet

In many cases, a storm will drive people away from the parks, especially if it's in the afternoon when most people head back to the resort for a reprieve anyway. If you have strong endurance, like I said, stick it out.

Agreed! The parks empty when rains come. Another tip: even with ponchos, your feet will probably get wet. Either wear/bring flip flops or bring some dry socks so you don't have soggy feet.

Finally, just because it's raining in one park doesn't mean it's raining elsewhere, don't just give up and go to your room.

Herdman

Our last two trips have been in June. Once 3 years ago, the other 7. Both times it's been unseasonably hot. Like triple digits nearly every day. We had at least one storm a day. Fantasmic was cancelled one night. This is not the norm so hopefully you will be lucky. The crowds will pick up during your second week as you get farther away from the end of school years.

Tom

Beta Return
Agreed! The parks empty when rains come. Another tip: even with ponchos, your feet will probably get wet. Either wear/bring flip flops or bring some dry socks so you don't have soggy feet.

Finally, just because it's raining in one park doesn't mean it's raining elsewhere, don't just give up and go to your room.

Good point! There are many occasions where it's raining at one park and not any of the others. Heck, it can be raining at the TTC but not at the MK.

SAV

Our last several trips to WDW have been in mid-June and the most recent ones have had much more rain than the first couple. Initially(8 years ago) it was the usual Florida rain for a short time then it cleared up. In 2014 we had multiple days of downpours the entire day or at least the majority of the day. We just had to poncho up and keep going. It wasn't the most enjoyable, especially comparing it to the early years of bright sun.

Temperature wise, look for mid to upper 90's and Humid. As mentioned earlier, it can easily creep into the 100's.

The further in June you go, the more crowded it gets each day. I'd say it starts out at about a 7 and by the 3rd week it's a good 8 - 9 on the crowd scale.

oceanbreeze77

Original Poster
Why is it that on the fastpass system it lists the "best" option as one with the three spread out? Wouldn't the option with all three in the morning be best?

Rob562

Why is it that on the fastpass system it lists the "best" option as one with the three spread out? Wouldn't the option with all three in the morning be best?

It gives varying options to account for the varying touring styles of the Guests.

Also, when it suggests the "Best" option it will often arrange them in a way that minimizes criss-crossing the park a lot. While experienced Guests can navigate the parks easily and may not mind doubling back on their route, there are far more Guests who don't know the park at all. The Best option will take distance and time into account when offering FP+ options, giving you a logical route through the park, hitting attractions along the way and minimizing the need to come back to something later on.

-Rob

oceanbreeze77

Original Poster
It gives varying options to account for the varying touring styles of the Guests.

Also, when it suggests the "Best" option it will often arrange them in a way that minimizes criss-crossing the park a lot. While experienced Guests can navigate the parks easily and may not mind doubling back on their route, there are far more Guests who don't know the park at all. The Best option will take distance and time into account when offering FP+ options, giving you a logical route through the park, hitting attractions along the way and minimizing the need to come back to something later on.

-Rob
Ahh I see. We are a disneyland family. How close is resemblance are MK and disneyland in terms of navigation?

oceanbreeze77

Original Poster
Can You have someone log onto your MDE account at the same time as you on a different computer and make FP reservations for different days?

mattdenine

Can You have someone log onto your MDE account at the same time as you on a different computer and make FP reservations for different days?

Honestly I've never tried but I've also never had issues getting the FP's I wanted. I've always just stayed up or have been at work and made my selections without any issues. I think if you have multiple people it might just cause havoc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom