Fastpass for sale

mitchs

Original Poster
I have seen people selling fastpasses on EBay. I think that this doesnt seem right on any level. Hw can they get away with this? Dont fastpasses expire within a certain number of hours and if they are purchased and why arent cast members stopping this?
:mad:

ldsprincess

hmm..i just went and looked. it seems pretty shady tho. -->"They have expiration dates of 6/20 & 6/27 but that will not prevent you from using them as cast members will not turn you away." that sounds waaaay weird and not very promising. idk. maybe someone else here knows more reliable details about this, but it seems kinda dumb to purchase something like this. fastpasses are free and while you have to wait an hour before getting another, it's not that big of a deal. i hope no one falls into buying these things!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
They're usually sold as an envelope with the fastpasses as a value added component. There's no law against this.

As for CM's not enforcing this... it could be one of many things..

A- they don't care
B- they're the ones selling the fastpasses
C- they don't care
D- they don't know better
E- they don't care
F- they don't want to potentially get yelled at when they turn someone away using them
G- they don't care
H- all of the above
I- A, C, E, and G

lewisc

They're usually sold as an envelope with the fastpasses as a value added component. There's no law against this.

As for CM's not enforcing this... it could be one of many things..

A- they don't care
B- they're the ones selling the fastpasses
C- they don't care
D- they don't know better
E- they don't care
F- they don't want to potentially get yelled at when they turn someone away using them
G- they don't care
H- all of the above
I- A, C, E, and G

That's a myth. Right from ebay
Note: Even if you offer to give away for "free" (rather than sell) a prohibited, questionable, or infringing item, this will not relieve you of potential liability. This applies to both seller and buyer.

Actually Disney has some of these auctions shut down. They don't catch all of them.

I'll agree with B, I suspect some CMs, or their friends, are the sellers. These aren't regular FP but rather the re-entry passes guests get if a ride breaks down.

I can't be bothered but if bothers others just report the auction to Disney and to ebay.

SteveUK

You will report it...?

I know many people don't approve and seem to think Disney have some magical world ruling powers, but I'm not sure what the people on ebay are actually doing wrong. I certainly can't see any laws being violated. Dishonest - maybe, illegal - no. And what power do Disney exercise over private commercial transactions?

Jimmy Thick

Well, I'm thinking about selling ADR's, I can get a ton of them. Some I don't even use.

I can see my web page now:

Have your magical dinner wherever and whenever you want it at...

This could be monumental!

Aaronmckie

Well, I'm thinking about selling ADR's, I can get a ton of them. Some I don't even use.

Yeah, I could see Le Celliar ADR's selling for quite a bit (I know I'd at least take a peek :lookaroun )

lilclerk

I was looking for Epcot shirts on ebay yesterday and found this. I just find it hilarious that even though the passes clearly, in huge letters, say NOT FOR SALE, someone actually went for the starting bid of $50. :ROFLOL:

Tim G

Vely funny, vely funny :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

wdwmomof3

Anyone going this week wouldn't need them anyway... there are no crowds. We walked on everything there last week. No wait, no need for fast pass.

Would anyone really buy these??? Surely it's a joke.

mkt

Premium Member
I was looking for Epcot shirts on ebay yesterday and found this. I just find it hilarious that even though the passes clearly, in huge letters, say NOT FOR SALE, someone actually went for the starting bid of $50. :ROFLOL:
I don't believe they even use those anymore

mkt

Premium Member
That's a myth. Right from ebay

Actually Disney has some of these auctions shut down. They don't catch all of them.

It's against ebay's policies... yes, but I said against the law. And there is still no law against that :)

And Disney can ask ebay to shut the auctions down... which ebay will usually comply with. But they have the right to tell Disney where to stick it. By the time legal does anything about it, the item will have been sold and it will have shipped.

mkt

Premium Member
They still use re-entries, but they haven't looked like that in a very long time. Now they're printed through the fastpass machines, and look similar to an FP
Oh yeah, I'm well aware about the re-ads... and I may or may not have a short stack from across the parks in my great big book of Disney paper collection :zipit:

coilback

Well with the Ebay thing, they have what they call VeRO companies (Verified Right's Owners), a few companies such as Glock, Fender, etc monitor the ads and have the rights (thru an agreement with Ebay) to tell Ebay to shut them down. If you wish to be able to appeal it, you have to get the VeRO to actually send a letter to Ebay stating that it's ok for you to sell that item. Ebay is all about the concept of CYA (Cover Your...). I know this because I've spent several years selling on Ebay and have run into these issues before. Ebay keeps you from selling a LOT of different things that are perfectly legal, but for one reason or another, doesn't like you selling.

On the Disney angle, Disney doesn't like it because it ruins the concept of FastPasses. So many are issued per time period in order to keep the lines short and moving for FastPass users. That's the reason they have an expiration. With shows such as Indy and LMA (I think LMA uses FP), the FastPasses given out are calculated into the capacity of the theater and therefore helps to decide how many standby people are allowed in. If a bunch of people with expired FastPasses are allowed in, it destroys the whole mechanics of it all. Having said that, the myth that CMs will take an expired FastPass no matter what isn't true at all. It depends on the CM and the attraction. If it's a capacity issue, then you will be turned away. Usually if a manager is present, you will at least be turned away at first. True, as with anything Disney, if you throw a big fit, you MIGHT get something out of it (either being let in or some alternative), but then again, do you really want to sit there and go through a bunch of drama just to get in a bit quicker ? It's so much easier to just get your FP like normal.

Having said that, I do have a few laying around, but they are more for Scrapbook purposes for my friends and such who want them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom