FastPass+ During Christmas Stay?

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our family will be visiting the World the week of Christmas. I get how the whole FastPass+ system works. The main question I have is how do I go on the website to reserve our times for rides? The website keeps asking about linking our tickets and making sure our parties are noted. I already went through that linking our information. The info on how to reserve FastPass on the mobile app seems non-existent as well.

Can someone clarify if I am just missing something or if the FastPass+ system won't be active during our stay? I'm fine with either/or but want to get my "ducks in a row" before leaving.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Right now only resort guests are invited to participate in the testing, if you are a resort guest you should be able to access it now. We were able to access ours on Day 60, we are staying at the BW from the 21st to the 3rd but I could not make any reservations past day 70 and had to do it daily for the last four days of our vacation.

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Right now only resort guests are invited to participate in the testing, if you are a resort guest you should be able to access it now. We were able to access ours on Day 60, we are staying at the BW from the 21st to the 3rd but I could not make any reservations past day 70 and had to do it daily for the last four days of our vacation.

Yes, we are staying at the Floridian. What is the correct way to go online and make the FP reservations? I'm still having issues.

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
This is the screen I keep getting when I click on the FastPass+ link on the website. Trust me when I say that I went to the two links it shows me and did everything I needed to.

image.jpg

ABQ

@maxime29 Might work....might not....might help....might not, as no one can really confirm it, however, coincidentally or not, doing Online Check-In seemed to make the difference for me. Have you done that yet?

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
@maxime29 Might work....might not....might help....might not, as no one can really confirm it, however, coincidentally or not, doing Online Check-In seemed to make the difference for me. Have you done that yet?

I have not done Online Check-In. I thought that was only available right before the first day of our trip?

Lord_Vader

On-Line check-in seems to make a difference for some, we are not checked in nor fully paid off but MB & FP+ were both available.

You have linked your tickets already? If so, I would call them as there are several issues outstanding that they can fix to get you up and running.

ABQ

I think it took about 1 day, or less, from the time I performed online check in, till suddently FP+ as well as customizing of magic bands suddenly became available. It was not instantaneous. So again, not a guaranteed thing to correct your matter.

Rob562

Another suggestion for the OP: In addition to your tickets, are the people in your party linked to your hotel reservation? Right now that's another key factor along with having the park tickets linked to their profiles. You'll have to customize the Magic bands for people and then poof, you should have access to FP+.

-Rob

ExtinctJenn

Check out this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/anyone-in-december.874709/

Short answer, you have to have your travel companions linked in MDE as well as your tickets and have completed online check-in. For those who had completed online check-in before FP+ opened for us, we had to redo it to make it take, but that doesn't sound like your issue. Some folks have said they were able to do it without checking in online but most had to in order to move forward. One other thing to note is most of had to do our FP+ selections before we could do Magic Bands.

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Soooo I hate to ask this....but where do I go for Online Check-In? Also does it matter that I am staying at one of the concierge buildings at our resort? They usually have a separate check-in desk in the actual building and not the lobby.

TheMouseFan

Soooo I hate to ask this....but where do I go for Online Check-In? Also does it matter that I am staying at one of the concierge buildings at our resort? They usually have a separate check-in desk in the actual building and not the lobby.
You should have access to all of this from your home page of MDE. I have to sign in every time I navigate away from it, but once I am in, the options are all along the right hand side. You can Create your friends and family list, link reservations and tickets, manage Magicbands, make FP+ selections, make dining reservations, and do/modify online check-in.

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
You should have access to all of this from your home page of MDE. I have to sign in every time I navigate away from it, but once I am in, the options are all along the right hand side. You can Create your friends and family list, link reservations and tickets, manage Magicbands, make FP+ selections, make dining reservations, and do/modify online check-in.

Nope. This is what shows (I greyed out some personal info). When I click on reservations it gives no options about online check-in. (Edit: Yes, I am logged into my main account that manages our reservations.)

MDE.jpg

Also I noticed now that when I sign in on the mobile app it lets me view everything for FP+ but I can't go in and modify anything (change time or attraction). It claims I am not on the reservation. What the heck is up with this?

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Nope. This is what shows (I greyed out some personal info). When I click on reservations it gives no options about online check-in. (Edit: Yes, I am logged into my main account that manages our reservations.)

MDE.jpg

Also I noticed now that when I sign in on the mobile app it lets me view everything for FP+ but I can't go in and modify anything (change time or attraction). It claims I am not on the reservation. What the heck is up with this?
How odd! I don't know what else to tell you!:confused:

DVC4bestvacations

I'm not sure that this is accurate. I was never asked I just linked everything and started making FP ressies

ABQ

@maxime29 I will have to guess that your lack of an online check in option may be due to, as you noted, that you're staying at one of the concierge buildings. I have no clue how that works. Maybe you could call them directly and see if they can check you in online?

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
@maxime29 I will have to guess that your lack of an online check in option may be due to, as you noted, that you're staying at one of the concierge buildings. I have no clue how that works. Maybe you could call them directly and see if they can check you in online?

I will probably do that on Monday. To be honest, we haven't had any delays or issues checking in at the resort so the whole online check-in may be irrelevant at this point.

Just some feedback from my experience with the FP+ system (you all can take it with a grain of salt):
I was able to figure out how to get our fastpasses for all our days. I was expecting an easy to follow link to be right on the main page similar to how the dining worked. The main link on the MDE page only showed me a graphic as explained in a post earlier. Didn't think I had to click on something separate to get to where I needed. It was quite tedious getting each day arranged. The part where it gives you 3 options for the FP times was funny because regardless of which one I picked it would always say on the next screen that one or more person(s) could not get a pass at that time. I'm guessing because the "allotted" passes at that time ran out or were reserved but not confirmed. That took some getting used to, however just hitting the back button and trying again worked. Another item not explained well was attempting to reschedule the times all in the morning for our three picks (we usually spend half a day in the park and then go back to the resort for a nap and pool time). It took a solid hour for me to secure FP on all days for our eight day trip and adjust the times. I understand how it all works now, but it definitely took some playing around to understand how to do "this and that."

As far as the whole mobile app goes, I still need to figure out why I can't "manage" my FP selections (meaning have the ability to modify times or experiences). It says I am not a participant of MagicBand or something, and yet I was able to make all the reservations on my web browser. Same Disney account too.

Lord_Vader

I'm not sure that this is accurate. I was never asked I just linked everything and started making FP ressies

The invitations come much later than the 60 day mark, we just received ours yesterday and not all reservations get the email based on postings from other users. At this time it appears all resort guests are being allowed to test the MM+ system, S&D being added soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom