FastPass could SOLVE the DAS Delima!

yensid1967

Original Poster
With the way this is going, I think they will get back to some sort of FP system. FP worked very well, there was no need to get rid of it! Free FP's could solve the DAS problem, when they get a return time, they use the Lightning Lane. They have 'virtually' waited and probably spend money of merchandise or food! There! I solved their DAS problem...Disney can send me my check next pay day! LOL

nickys

Premium Member
With the way this is going, I think they will get back to some sort of FP system. FP worked very well, there was no need to get rid of it! Free FP's could solve the DAS problem, when they get a return time, they use the Lightning Lane. They have 'virtually' waited and probably spend money of merchandise or food! There! I solved their DAS problem...Disney can send me my check next pay day! LOL
They won’t get rid of paid FP.

The FP+ system was broken, operationally speaking.

JIMINYCR

Tying it in to the DAS does make some sense because anyone who has a disability can get some assistance and not just limiting it to a very specific case. DW and our family has used the DAS system on every trip weve taken and its helped immensely. Weve never abused it or used it for an unfair advantage. Dis should get a better handle on DAS to discourage the abuse which caused problems in the first place.
With the paid system Dis isnt going to let go because theyve seen a huge increase in money pouring in. Guests would rather pay than be left out for attractions they want. Its now become a part of the Dis planning to now budget for the extra expenditure. If you have the bucks you can pay and play.
FP had its detractors who've stated it caused more problems with line waits and unfairly distributed the passes over the day. I guess any system will get abused by those who find a way around the rules to benefit themselves over others. No system can be fool proof because of the limitations placed on what they can ask or prove as a disability to keep out the scammers.

Kingoglow

How does your solution solve the issue of people cheating the system to acquire a DAS pass (unless your suggesting that every guest goes back to FP+)? How does it address issues with people fixating on rides and wanting to ride something over and over again? How does your suggestion fill the hole left in Disney's balance sheet if LLSP/MP goes away?

yensid1967

Original Poster
How does your suggestion fill the hole left in Disney's balance sheet if LLSP/MP goes away?
----
PLEASE! With ALL the nickel and diming their guests, they can afford it with all the other inflated costs of food and smaller portions and merchandise! Disney will raise the prices just because they can and the guests will still pay! Its only when guests start to WISE UP and say NO MORE will things get better/ Disney is a ARROGANT company in the theme park division. They know the guest will pay more for less. We can agree that the MAGIC IS GONE! and many guests including AP and DVC are tired of the same old excuses for another price hike! Bob Iger said that the prices were too high, but what did they do? They raised the prices, and guests still paid. Guests need to start making some noise!

yensid1967

Original Poster
Tying it in to the DAS does make some sense because anyone who has a disability can get some assistance and not just limiting it to a very specific case. DW and our family has used the DAS system on every trip weve taken and its helped immensely. Weve never abused it or used it for an unfair advantage. Dis should get a better handle on DAS to discourage the abuse which caused problems in the first place.
With the paid system Dis isnt going to let go because theyve seen a huge increase in money pouring in. Guests would rather pay than be left out for attractions they want. Its now become a part of the Dis planning to now budget for the extra expenditure. If you have the bucks you can pay and play.
FP had its detractors who've stated it caused more problems with line waits and unfairly distributed the passes over the day. I guess any system will get abused by those who find a way around the rules to benefit themselves over others. No system can be fool proof because of the limitations placed on what they can ask or prove as a disability to keep out the scammers.
Maybe Disney can put the costs in the ticket prices!? When you plan what days and what parks, you already know what rides you want to do so just add the MUST DO rides to your ticket price! They can incorporate the FP's back in
OR go back to an a la carte menu for main attractions and be billed by a Magic Card...that would operate like a gift card(?)
Just ideas to get your eyes and dependence on your cell phone! THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON WHY WE SHOULD HAVE OUR EYES IN OUR PHONES PRACTICALLY ALL DAY! for something that could be fixed and still make Disney money! There has got to be a common ground somewhere!

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe Disney can put the costs in the ticket prices!? When you plan what days and what parks, you already know what rides you want to do so just add the MUST DO rides to your ticket price! They can incorporate the FP's back in
OR go back to an a la carte menu for main attractions and be billed by a Magic Card...that would operate like a gift card(?)
Just ideas to get your eyes and dependence on your cell phone! THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON WHY WE SHOULD HAVE OUR EYES IN OUR PHONES PRACTICALLY ALL DAY! for something that could be fixed and still make Disney money! There has got to be a common ground somewhere!
You’d still have to check your phone to see what time your next ride is. 😉

You could just not buy LLs. But even then you might want to check the app to see what the wait time is for a ride rather than trek across the park only to find the wait is 90 minutes.

But there’s nothing to stop you just free-wheeling around the parks and simply choose to wait or skip each ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom