Fastpass Collecting

baloofigment14

Original Poster
Hello all! Do any of you collect Fastpasses from the different rides? Or have you thought about it since they are switching to Fastpass+? What are your thoughts about collecting Fastpasses?

Zweiland

I try not to waste Fastpasses, and if I know I'm not going to use them I give them to other people. I might have a couple left over, but I think collecting them messes up the whole system.

JIMINYCR

I have 2 displays in my house with old FP's from past trips that either I didnt use because they went past the time for use, or ones I got specifically to bring home with the purpose to display them in my Disney room.

draybook

While I could see collecting them pushing back FP return times, if you're not physically there then how would it actually affect the lines?

DizneyPryncess

Like many others, I don't purposely collect them, but sometimes I miss a window time for one reason or another, and I end up putting them in a scrapbook or memory box. If I can't use it and it's still in the window time, we give them to someone else.

AndyS2992

While I could see collecting them pushing back FP return times, if you're not physically there then how would it actually affect the lines?
If you don't show up for your FP attraction then the regular queue moves a tiny bit faster as you aren't there to hold it up but the return time gets unnecessarily pushed back making others have to wait longer for their return times.

jenn47

I do end up with unused ones on occasion. We might get them then on a whim decide to hop to another park before the return time. But I always, always pass them on. Must have given me some good karma, last time we went to HS we were getting on the tram and a young man getting off handed us 9 FP's for Aerosmith!! There were only three of us so we got to ride twice and gave the last three away!

draybook

If you don't show up for your FP attraction then the regular queue moves a tiny bit faster as you aren't there to hold it up but the return time gets unnecessarily pushed back making others have to wait longer for their return times.

Right, but the number of attractions that max out on FP time is pretty small, no? I've never been when it's absolutely slammed, so I can't speak for those times. However, I'd also venture a guess that the number of FP's not used due to "collecting" or just plain inability to return is pretty low compared to the ones that are used.

epcotisbest

It has never once occurred to me to collect fast passes. Any we did not use we gave to someone else for their use. Why keep a little piece of paper when you can put a smile on someone else's face instead?

Cmdr_Crimson

While I have a collection of ones from DL Resort..I rarely got ones from WDW...But, sooner or later they will go like the Alpha Tickets and will see pin rendition and limited edition artwork of it 10-20 years from now....

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sometimes families will get FPs for their entire group, but not everyone wants to go on that ride. When I was at Disney in May, I went over to T of T and the Standby line was 55 minutes. I started walking away when a woman came over to me and offered me her FP--she said her whole family went on but she didn't want to go, so this worked out great for me! This was a double win for me, because just as soon as the ride was finished and I was leaving T of T, a cast member made an announcement that a maintenance issue was shutting down the ride for at least 30 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom