FastPass Changed

magicmom4

Original Poster
This is our first time making FastPass reservations before our trip. We go in April and I got on and made plans as soon as I was allowed. I just got a notice that our FP for Kali River Rapids was changed from 7:30pm to 3:15pm. I didn't realize the passes could be changed by Disney! It's not a big deal, although we did schedule KRR for the end of our day so we wouldn't be wet walking around the park. I have to say that so far I haven't seen much of an advantage to making FP choices as far out as you can vs in the park. I wasn't able to get passes to Avatar or Slinky or even reservations at the Contemporary for breakfast with Mickey! We usually buy our Fl resident annual passes the day we arrive, but this year we bought them early to take advantage of the FP, but I'm thinking it probably wasn't worth it.

dreamfinder

Disney will change FP times, typically if an attraction is expected to have different operating hours. IE they are deciding to close Kali early in the day.

Shouldigo12

This is our first time making FastPass reservations before our trip. We go in April and I got on and made plans as soon as I was allowed. I just got a notice that our FP for Kali River Rapids was changed from 7:30pm to 3:15pm. I didn't realize the passes could be changed by Disney! It's not a big deal, although we did schedule KRR for the end of our day so we wouldn't be wet walking around the park. I have to say that so far I haven't seen much of an advantage to making FP choices as far out as you can vs in the park. I wasn't able to get passes to Avatar or Slinky or even reservations at the Contemporary for breakfast with Mickey! We usually buy our Fl resident annual passes the day we arrive, but this year we bought them early to take advantage of the FP, but I'm thinking it probably wasn't worth it.
This may sound ridiculous, but how early did you get up to make the reservations and Fps? The really popular things can run out by the afternoon, easy.

dreamfinder

This may sound ridiculous, but how early did you get up to make the reservations and Fps? The really popular things can run out by the afternoon, easy.

And keep in mind that it is 60 days from the start of the resort booking, not 60 days to the day you are booking FP+ for. So towards the beginning of your trip everyone whose reservation started a few days before yours already had first crack at those dates and times.

CaptainAmerica

And keep in mind that it is 60 days from the start of the resort booking, not 60 days to the day you are booking FP+ for. So towards the beginning of your trip everyone whose reservation started a few days before yours already had first crack at those dates and times.
In other words, always check in on Friday.

aliceismad

How large is your group? That might also affect availability. (From your name and pic, I'm guessing you're looking for a party of 6.) It might be helpful to break your party up into two groups and try to get FPs or reservations around the same time. Just a thought. Also if you're going during Easter, it's supposed to be super busy. I got Slinky for May with very little problem. I could've gotten FOP at 60+1. (I was searching for a party of three.)

Also for the ADRs, there are a couple of places around the internet that will try to find reservation availability for you. I've only used the one at Touring Plans, so I can only speak to that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom