Fastpass Button?

kcnole

I know that my wife's card stopped reading during our visit to epcot this year at soarin and I couldn't get it to give me a fastpass, so the CM gave me a paper ticket to use in lieu of the guest card.

That brings up another idea on how to cheat the system should you really want to.

Bring in old tickets from a prior visit and try them on a machine, tell the CM they're not working and have him give you one of the cards. Now with your truly working tickets you could have four cards for fastpasses.

It'd still be wrong, but just proves the system is still beatable.

Pioneer Hall

Jayhawk said:
Yeah I don't in any way support or condone my dad's cheating of the fast pass system. After all I'm not really a kid anymore, and can make decisions on what is morally right and wrong on my own, however I thought I noticed that on newer machines there is no button present? I know for a fact there wasn't on the tower of terror machines at DCA, but don't know about newer ones at WDW, so yeah soon none of us will have to worry about people like my dad who cheat the system and push the fastpass windows later and later.

All the new machines at WDW have them. I know the button is back there on Soarin.

JEDIsney

HauntedPirate said:
This sounds like it could be slightly less combative than the Great Refillable Mug debates. ;)

Ah, yes, I was thinking the same exact thing. Surprisingly, those debates haven't come up that much recently.

brertigger

kcnole said:
I know that my wife's card stopped reading during our visit to epcot this year at soarin and I couldn't get it to give me a fastpass, so the CM gave me a paper ticket to use in lieu of the guest card.

That brings up another idea on how to cheat the system should you really want to.

Bring in old tickets from a prior visit and try them on a machine, tell the CM they're not working and have him give you one of the cards. Now with your truly working tickets you could have four cards for fastpasses.

It'd still be wrong, but just proves the system is still beatable.

The CM would be able to tell if it was an old ticket--the FP ticket will say something about ticket not used for entry. When the ticket is truly not working, nothing will print. Sometimes, if the ticket jams, the CM will then have to reprint the ticket (using the button). It seems that it depends on the CM (and situation) whether they use the button or give the guest a card.

kcnole

I figure they'd have some way to combat it. All I know is my wifes card didn't work at the gate for some reason so the woman just waved her through, when we got to the fastpass machine it said something about card expired or something like that so the CM just gave me a card to use for her the rest of the day.

brertigger

The newest cards seem to have more problems at the gate than the older ones did, I have noticed. It seems like they have gotten cheaper ticket cards, but that has backfired, because I have seen a lot of tickets have to be replaced due to problems.

imagineersrock

isitingood said:
I don't use the fast pass because my dad is disabled and I go right to the front of the line instead of having to wait for an hour or longer. This will come in handy when I go to Disneyworld in June:lol:
Actually..... many of our attractions, especially the newer ones (queue and all) are accessible.

Meaning, you either get to stand in the standby line, or use Fastpass like everyone else does.

:wave:

KumbaRider

imagineersrock said:
Actually..... many of our attractions, especially the newer ones (queue and all) are accessible.

Meaning, you either get to stand in the standby line, or use Fastpass like everyone else does.

:wave:

Very true. Now almost everyone waits.

lwalker8

scottnj1966 said:
Dont worry. I have not seen this work for months and I have seen people try.
They either disconnected or the key is true now.
Have not looked closely for awhile.

I can tell you for sure that the button still works, as long as the key has been turned. And the Expedition Everest machines had the button also, but the majority of the machines are always locked.:wave:

JROK

When LMAX was doing rehearsals, a few friends (one being a CM) and I went to grab Fast Passes for the show... we all got our FP but my CM friend couldn't get her ID to work in the machine... we asked the CM there and he specifically instructed us, and showed us, how to get a FP in the future if that problem ever occurred... we don't cheat the system but for some reason her ID has a tendency to not work in the machines so we have to always push the button... but I found it odd that the CM would say "Yea just hit the button from now on..." ... we've done it a few times now and haven't ever been confronted by a CM...

imagineersrock

JROK said:
When LMAX was doing rehearsals, a few friends (one being a CM) and I went to grab Fast Passes for the show... we all got our FP but my CM friend couldn't get her ID to work in the machine... we asked the CM there and he specifically instructed us, and showed us, how to get a FP in the future if that problem ever occurred... we don't cheat the system but for some reason her ID has a tendency to not work in the machines so we have to always push the button... but I found it odd that the CM would say "Yea just hit the button from now on..." ... we've done it a few times now and haven't ever been confronted by a CM...
While it wasn't the right thing to do, the CM at LMAX probably told your friend to do so only after seeing she had a Disney ID. They probably figured from one CM to another they could save your friend some hassle by giving her a quick Fastpass lesson. Again- it's not right what that CM did.

Also, I don't see why your CM friend feels the need to do this... Is it really worth taking the risk? Is it THAT big of a hassle to ask for some help from the CM at the fastpass machines? Not trying to be mean, just giving you a heads-up that if she gets caught doing this by the wrong person (whether she is a CM or not) there will be consequences.

JROK

imagineersrock said:
While it wasn't the right thing to do, the CM at LMAX probably told your friend to do so only after seeing she had a Disney ID. They probably figured from one CM to another they could save your friend some hassle by giving her a quick Fastpass lesson. Again- it's not right what that CM did.

Also, I don't see why your CM friend feels the need to do this... Is it really worth taking the risk? Is it THAT big of a hassle to ask for some help from the CM at the fastpass machines? Not trying to be mean, just giving you a heads-up that if she gets caught doing this by the wrong person (whether she is a CM or not) there will be consequences.

Well we normally don't use FP because if the wait is longer than 20min, then we don't bother... most of my time at Disney is spent at EPCOT pin trading, drinking and riding SSE... but I'll let her know next time we do use the FP system... hopefully it's not a problem during Star Wars Weekends...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If i recall correctly, the first time some genius decided to tell everyone about the "magic button" there was some serious anger from Disney and the major attractions at the time. I remember Test Track pretty much becoming a "touch the button and die - even if we did turn it off" zone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom