Fastpass Button?

Intgtwy

Original Poster
I have a question about a rumor i heard about the button on the back of the fastpass machines. A friend of mine told me that if you push the button on the back of the machines that it will print out an extra fastpass. They said that is what CM us when guest have problems with the machines. Not that i would try it, just curious to any truth to it?

Woody13

The "button" must be activated by a key. If a CM catches you fooling with the "button", you could get kicked out of the park. In my best Clint Eastwood voice, "Do ya feel lucky, punk?" :wave:

markc

You can't get kicked out of the park; it's never happened before, nor have any supervisors given any instructions on what to do if a guest happens to find that button.

Jayhawk

Yeah this button definitely works. My dad really takes advantage of this, and uses it all the time. And no you cannot be kicked out as far as i know, because my dad has gotten caught a couple of times. One of the times was at Test Track, and the cm just took the fastpass and walked away without even saying anything.

yeah, i hit it one time, not on purpose tho (it was when fastpass was new) i'm a taller kid, and i leaned on the machine and put my left arm on it and held the top left corner(if your getting the fast pass) and like barely touched it and a ticket poped out, hey, i was happy- and you should have seen the guy's face when he saw an extra ticket come out, it was like he had won the lottery...but when an extra didnt come out for him... lets say he wasnt happy.

but, idk i have thought about it, but who know's doubt i ever will, and the next time i proally cant call it an accident

chupamiubre

markc said:
You can't get kicked out of the park; it's never happened before, nor have any supervisors given any instructions on what to do if a guest happens to find that button.

yes i have we kicked out a number of people for doing it and i even had a cast members ID take for it

SO NOT A GOOD IDEA

now no guest that just happens to hit it sure no one cares but if we see people doing it we take them and if they resist then its NO QUESTIONS asked we get security and have them removed

SO DONT DO IT

wdwfan22

The button does work and isn't really to difficult to find if your looking for it. You shouldn't really press the button, but if you do it's very doubtful that anything will happen to you. Worst case would be they take your ticket away.

jmvd20

markc said:

I sure wouldn't want to try it though. I would prefer to do the proper thing and and wait to get the FP like everyone else. Not worth ruining a vacation to get one sooner

sillyspook13

Now if the guest's card doesn't work they're given a paper ticket that works just like the card in the faspass machines. We stopped using the button because of guests like jayhawk's dad who cheat the system. :mad:

jmvd20

sillyspook13 said:
Now if the guest's card doesn't work they're given a paper ticket that works just like the card in the faspass machines. We stopped using the button because of guests like jayhawk's dad who cheat the system. :mad:

It's rather sad that a system was implemented to give guests the option of waiting in a much shorter line and some still choose to cheat. I don't like judging people, but that is setting a really bad example for his children, especially if they see him do it and then brag about it.

scottnj1966

MickeyMan101 said:
yeah, i hit it one time, not on purpose tho (it was when fastpass was new) i'm a taller kid, and i leaned on the machine and put my left arm on it and held the top left corner(if your getting the fast pass) and like barely touched it and a ticket poped out, hey, i was happy- and you should have seen the guy's face when he saw an extra ticket come out, it was like he had won the lottery...but when an extra didnt come out for him... lets say he wasnt happy.

but, idk i have thought about it, but who know's doubt i ever will, and the next time i proally cant call it an accident

Its inside a hole on the back. How did you accidently hit it :)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I've used the button in the past, but only to obtain a FP for my collection (yes, I collect them). Using the button in lieu of your park pass to get a FP is, according to my moral compass, wrong.

I've always heard that you could be kicked out if caught using the button. Whether or not you will is apparently up to the CM if you are caught.

This sounds like it could be slightly less combative than the Great Refillable Mug debates. ;)

scottnj1966

jmvd20 said:
It's rather sad that a system was implemented to give guests the option of waiting in a much shorter line and some still choose to cheat. I don't like judging people, but that is setting a really bad example for his children, especially if they see him do it and then brag about it.

Dont worry. I have not seen this work for months and I have seen people try.
They either disconnected or the key is true now.
Have not looked closely for awhile.

Jayhawk

Yeah I don't in any way support or condone my dad's cheating of the fast pass system. After all I'm not really a kid anymore, and can make decisions on what is morally right and wrong on my own, however I thought I noticed that on newer machines there is no button present? I know for a fact there wasn't on the tower of terror machines at DCA, but don't know about newer ones at WDW, so yeah soon none of us will have to worry about people like my dad who cheat the system and push the fastpass windows later and later.

clarkstallings

They won't kick you out of the park without first warning you not to press the button. It's really Disney's fault for making it so easy to get to in the first place. Space Mountain invariably leaves their fast pass machines unlocked. Not that I condone cheating the system. Just for practical purposes they won't kick you out without a warning because they know guests touch EVERYTHING.

isitingood

Fast Pass

:mad: You can get kicked out by pushing the button I was at Disneyland last month and saw a lady and her children get kicked out of the park. I don't use the fast pass because my dad is disabled and I go right to the front of the line instead of having to wait for an hour or longer. This will come in handy when I go to Disneyworld in June:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom