Fastpass bookings for firsttimer

welshdragon

Original Poster
So I can now start booking fastpass as 30 days out, staying offsite. I have a 14 day 6 park ticket. I have been doing lots of research/planning, trying to be organised, think I am going slightly mad! My question is, did I read somewhere that I can only book 7 days fastpass? Have booked for Tues 29th March, our first day, in Magic Kingdom, was planning to do a 2nd day in Magic Kingdom Tues 5th April. Would I be better doing 2nd day earlier if I can't book fastpass for 5th until the week before? Am a bit confused. Thanks for any help.

matt9112

So I can now start booking fastpass as 30 days out, staying offsite. I have a 14 day 6 park ticket. I have been doing lots of research/planning, trying to be organised, think I am going slightly mad! My question is, did I read somewhere that I can only book 7 days fastpass? Have booked for Tues 29th March, our first day, in Magic Kingdom, was planning to do a 2nd day in Magic Kingdom Tues 5th April. Would I be better doing 2nd day earlier if I can't book fastpass for 5th until the week before? Am a bit confused. Thanks for any help.

you basically will be booking the first 7 days 14 days in advance...and will have to add the last seven in a "rolling format" so after day one you can than reserve stuff on day eight. but the first seven should be available 14 days before "day one" also read this too.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

welshdragon

Original Poster
OK, thanks Matt, I have started booking FP, not sure if I am being a bit stupid but if I have a 14 day pass can I book for example day 1 and 2, 5 and 6, 9, then 11 and 12 or do I have to book first 7 consecutive days then can only book day 8 on day 1 of my trip?

CAPTAIN HOOK

you basically will be booking the first 7 days 14 days in advance...and will have to add the last seven in a "rolling format" so after day one you can than reserve stuff on day eight. but the first seven should be available 14 days before "day one" also read this too.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

"11. Who can use FastPass+?
All guests can now use FastPass+ regardless of where they are staying. However, there are important differences depending on if you are a staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel or not.
  • All Walt Disney World guests can make three FastPass+ selections each day for one park.
  • Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can make advance FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to their theme park visit for 3 FastPass+ experiences per park per day. This includes Annual Passholders staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
  • Guests not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort using tickets other than an Annual Pass can make three FastPass+ selections each day for one park by using a FastPass kiosk inside the park or using 'My Disney Experience' 30 days before the park visit.
  • Passholders can make FastPass+ reservations up to 30 days in advance, and can hold up to 7 days of FastPass+ reservations across a 30 day rolling window.
  • For a Passholder staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, the window remains at 60 days in advance of check-in, where FastPass+ reservations can be held for 7 days or the length of the hotel stay.
Have I missed something ?? Offsite guests could only book one day at a time as each thirty day point arrived. So on the 30th day before arrival you book 3 FP+ per person and then return the following day to book another 3

matt9112

"11. Who can use FastPass+?
All guests can now use FastPass+ regardless of where they are staying. However, there are important differences depending on if you are a staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel or not.
  • All Walt Disney World guests can make three FastPass+ selections each day for one park.
  • Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can make advance FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to their theme park visit for 3 FastPass+ experiences per park per day. This includes Annual Passholders staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
  • Guests not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort using tickets other than an Annual Pass can make three FastPass+ selections each day for one park by using a FastPass kiosk inside the park or using 'My Disney Experience' 30 days before the park visit.
  • Passholders can make FastPass+ reservations up to 30 days in advance, and can hold up to 7 days of FastPass+ reservations across a 30 day rolling window.
  • For a Passholder staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, the window remains at 60 days in advance of check-in, where FastPass+ reservations can be held for 7 days or the length of the hotel stay.
Have I missed something ?? Offsite guests could only book one day at a time as each thirty day point arrived. So on the 30th day before arrival you book 3 FP+ per person and then return the following day to book another 3

I think it's 30+7 ? I could be wrong but I think they let you go 7 days from the first day that makes it "30"

CAPTAIN HOOK

I think it's 30+7 ? I could be wrong but I think they let you go 7 days from the first day that makes it "30"
If you're correct then that's new.
It's always previously been 60 days +10 for onsite guests and then 30 days from the day you want your FP for offsite. I've never heard of +7 for offsite guests

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Each subsequent day has to fall in the 30 day window. We've got APs so my wife stays up and books her favorites each day at midnight at the 30 day mark. We stay at SoG.

matt9112

Each subsequent day has to fall in the 30 day window. We've got APs so my wife stays up and books her favorites each day at midnight at the 30 day mark. We stay at SoG.

Seems tedious you would think a rolling format would be better? We are moving so will have APs soon (hopefully)

Rob562

Seems tedious you would think a rolling format would be better? We are moving so will have APs soon (hopefully)

But how could you possibly design a system to do as you're saying?

Guest: "Yeah, I'm staying at the Econolodge on I-drive starting May 1st, so on April 1st give me access to FP+ for May 1-7".
My Disney Experience: "But how do I know you're actually staying there on those dates?"
Guest: "Because I said so."
MDE: "Oh, ok. Here ya go."
Guest: "Ha, fooled you. I'm really a local and just wanted to be able to book for May 6th and 7th"

Opening a window of 7 days beyond an "off-site trip start date" would only make the window 37 days and you're back to where it is now.

The only reason MDE can offer 60-days+10 for on-site guests is that it knows exactly what day you're checking in and out of your hotel.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom