FastPass+ basics - please help

Gartdog

Original Poster
Can someone please give me a run down on the basic rules of the FastPass+ system! to include:

-If you get your on-line reservations with FastPass+, can you still use traditional FastPasses
- what happens if you miss your reserved time?

Thanks!

Tom

Beta Return
Can someone please give me a run down on the basic rules of the FastPass+ system! to include:

-If you get your on-line reservations with FastPass+, can you still use traditional FastPasses
- what happens if you miss your reserved time?

Thanks!

For now, you can still get traditional Fastpasses with your back-up KttW card. However, as noted in today's Disney news, Pop Century will be the first resort to do away with traditional Fastpasses. The rest will follow.

If you miss your time, you lose it. That goes for traditional and FP+

GeekDad

As long as you're still within the return window, right?
The way I read it sounded like as long as you didn't use the FP+ you could still select another one even if you are past the return time. The system would know if you've used it or not.

Nero the dog

The way I read it sounded like as long as you didn't use the FP+ you could still select another one even if you are past the return time. The system would know if you've used it or not.

This is the way it was working when I was there at the end of October. It would sometimes even let you book another slot even if you had used your earlier booking. it was still in testing phase though.

Tom

Beta Return
So I am booking my fastpass+ times on line. But how do I actually use it when I get there?

You walk up to the FP+ entrance for the ride/show/attraction, wave your Magic Band in front of the Mickey orb, it turns green, and the CM waves you through. Same as regular Fastpass, except you don't have a piece of paper.

They'll repeat the process at the merge point - where they used to actually collect the paper FP.

sm57co

Right now is like Fast Pass heaven at WDW. We booked our "three" online pre-tripers but were able to use Traditional FP independent of the MagicBands. High crowd levels but we never waited more than 15 minutes for anything last month. Didn't really see the benefit of FP+ for a show (Beauty & the Beast, etc ...) because they only reserve room in the theater but no special seating. The parades I thought were great though because there they do reserve special seating. Show up five minutes before the parade starts and front row seats!

Phonedave

The CM's can override the FP+ time if they want to. If you walk up to the orb early, it will not turn green, but the CM at their discretion, can pass you via the console.

However, if you walk up 5 minutes before your FP+ time, the orb will turn green and you can go through- no CM intervention needed.

We were 10 minutes early to a FP+ and were hanging out to the side, waiting. We started chatting with the CM and she said she would let us in (as there was almost no standby and nobody was on the FP line) and she did the thing on the console. She then told us about the five minute window. We were 3 minutes early for a FP+ later that trip, and we were "green orbed" when we tried it.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom