News Fastpass and DAS down 5-25-18

lnsemsf

Original Poster
I just got to Animal Kingdim
And was told that fastpass and the accessibility service is down this afternoon. It was working at Epcot about 3pm so it’s recent. There seems to be lots of questions as to the extent of the malfunction. I’ve seen some people be able to use passes and others have said they didn’t work and needed to show the app with proof of a reservation. DAS has reverted to paper which can be received at Guest Relations. I was told this is effecting all parks but I can’t verify that. Bring your patience if you’re visiting today.

lnsemsf

Original Poster
I was told at flight of passage that if you currently have a pass it SHOULD work but booking new ones is hit or miss.

Bolt

Typically when the system goes down, scanning existing fastpasses isn’t an issue, it’s acquiring new ones. When the system is down, they tend to fake it anyways and just take your word.

lnsemsf

Original Poster
Typically when the system goes down, scanning existing fastpasses isn’t an issue, it’s acquiring new ones. When the system is down, they tend to fake it anyways and just take your word.

I came I’m at 4ish and the CMs seemed flustered but prepared for it. There weren’t arguments or anything, but I could tell they were just going with the flow and letting whatever happened happen. When I was at Guest Relations the line was out the door and around the corner and a guest walked out and said “if you’re here for fastpass, they’re not going to help you, it’s all down and they can’t do anything” and over half the people in front of me left. Honestly I decided at that point it was time for a shower and dinner so I left for about 4 hours and by 8 it was working again as expected. Hopefully nobody had a terrible experience but I did want to let people know that there were problems and to at least be ready to expect it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom