FASTPASS advice needed, please

DeepDish

Original Poster
FASTPASS more advice needed, added new question at end

We received our WDW passes today. They look like credit cards. Do we use these cards when getting fastpass tickets?

When putting our WDW passes into the fastpass slot, do the cards go all the way in?

We were thinking about punching a small in the corner of our WDW passes and wearing them around our necks on a chain/string/something.

If the cards do go all the way inside, then this idea won't work.

If the cards don't go all the way inside, which two corners would work?

Thank you,
DD

gjpjtj

Yes they go all the way inside. You can purchase passholders, with a plastic carry case to wear around your neck.:)

BG Rugger

Yes, they go all the way in and come back out with your ride time stub. However, I would say DO NOT punch the holes in them as I dont know if that would ruin your passes and render them useless or not. I would imagine this would be the official stance as well. Anyone know??

By the way, welcome to the boards:wave:

iluvstitch

I wouldn't punch a hole in it and risk ruining it. You can buy all kinds of neat Disney lanyards and the plastic card holders on ebay. I bought a cute stitch one that I am using on my next trip to put my i.d., AP and credit card in. -Stephanie

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, use them to get FastPasses

Yes, they go all the way in.

Correct, they will not work correctly if attached to a string or lanyard.

IF you were to punch a hole in your ticket, which is a VERY bad idea, you would do it in one of the two corners NOT on the magnetic strip.

I keep my ticket in my wallet, so it's more away from any water. However, a plastic lanyard would work too, but you just need to be careful that it doesn't slip out or fly off your neck.

dae_woods

Originally posted by edwardtc
I keep my ticket in my wallet, so it's more away from any water. However, a plastic lanyard would work too, but you just need to be careful that it doesn't slip out or fly off your neck.

I do as well since that ticket is the most valuable possession I carry with me. I do not damage it in any way and always make sure it is in a safe spot.

DeepDish

Original Poster
Best way to carry FastPass - lanyards look so big

Other than my wallet.

I am looking for ways to carry the fastpasses around my neck.

My daughters are 5 and 7, they want to wear thier fastpasses around thier necks.

I looked at lanyards on ebay and the part that goes around the neck look so fat and big. Plus there was no plasic sleeve to slide the fastpass into.

What are so good ways to wear the fastpass around the neck for both adults and kids?

Thank you,

DD

SewIn2Disney

They do sell a fastpass holder (this is disney ya know) it clips to your shorts and has a retractable cord with a clear sleeve and a ziploc like zip closure. I'm sorry I can't describe it any better. I purchased mine in MK in The store next to Cosmic Ray's in tomorrowland.

Chape19714

DO NOT PUNCH A HOLE IN THE CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punching a hole in the cards in the main way the Cast Members at the turnstiles VOID a ticket, if one of those VOID stamps is not avabile they will punch a hole in the ticket, or rip it!!! So no, get a ticket holder!!

JackSkellington

When I went to DL my neighbor's kids were CM's there. And they got us a one day park hopper pass free. They gave us a ticket with lots of numbers, a scan bar, and magnetic strip. All it said was Park Hopper. We used that for the FP machines. So perhaps you could ask for one of those.

imagineer99

Re: Best way to carry FastPass - lanyards look so big

Originally posted by DeepDish
Other than my wallet.

I am looking for ways to carry the fastpasses around my neck.

My daughters are 5 and 7, they want to wear thier fastpasses around thier necks.

I looked at lanyards on ebay and the part that goes around the neck look so fat and big. Plus there was no plasic sleeve to slide the fastpass into.

What are so good ways to wear the fastpass around the neck for both adults and kids?

Thank you,

DD

uhh...you are trusting a 5 and 7 year old with their OWN tickets and fastpasses.

This doensn't seem too smart to me. Unintentionally, they might lose them.

Best advice, have a parent just carry all the tickets.

PS: Wearing a ticket around your neck ain't exactly a "fashion statement" :lol: :animwink: (just kidding)

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by se8472
That would be Mickeys Star Trader

Yes, that's it, I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me, all that kept coming up was Merchants of Venus (which has drastically changed too:rolleyes: )

And, about the FP holder they are quite large, I believe about the size of an index card (3x5) so they will hold mulitiple FP and tickets, etc. And they were about 5-8 dollars.
Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm at college and the holder is at home in my disney shrine (aka bedroom) and I bought it last Nov. so I don't recall exactly what it cost.
It is cute, and I loved it esp. the retractible cord thing, made it very convenient, and the zip top, helped keep fp's safe and dry.

DeepDish

Original Poster
Thank you to everybody

Thank you to everybody.

No holes.

No give passes to my kids to hold.

I have decided to put all of them into my pack.

Around the neck sounds a little goofy now.

30 days and counting, wdw, here we come.

DD

ermccartin

fast pass

Boy you are going to enjoy the fast pass. :king:
like credit cards yes. only you won't owe nothin
but you sure won't have to worry about lines.
Line too long; get that fast pass and return at the time recommended. you go right through. Life so much easier when you don't spend loads of time on line:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom