Fast Pass+ will lose Disney Millions?

Becky

Original Poster
Today I got an email and a UPS letter from WDW asking us to test Fast Pass+ on our upcoming August trip. While making attraction, show and meal reservations I wondered once FP+ is available to everyone why would anyone pay over $60 a person to add a park hopper. Under the current FP+ plan "FASTPASS+ allows reservations at one park per day." ONE PARK per day. One could still add the hopper but from what was offered when I booked our test week it would not make sense to park hop. Hum, thousands of families each week NOT adding hoppers as they might have done in the past times over $60 a person. I wonder how many millions will be lost before the bean counters realize FP+ must offer one the option of reserving rides etc in more than one park per day.

afar28

That is true. Park hopping would only be useful if you plan to not use any FP at the park you "hop" to. But with many rides that just wouldn't be possible. Don't forget it cost millions to make FP+ too.

Clamman73

Maybe it's just that the whole integration of Fastpass+ into everything they want to do right off the bat has them pulling their hair out already...Adding a variable of trying to reserve passes in another park is just too much at this time. I think the water is up to their chin already...blurp...blurp...

CaptainShortty

Maybe it's just that the whole integration of Fastpass+ into everything they want to do right off the bat has them pulling their hair out already...Adding a variable of trying to reserve passes in another park is just too much at this time. I think the water is up to their chin already...blurp...blurp...
Bingo...this is a ridiculously integrated process. There are many additions to come to this, park-hopping FPs to be one of them I'm sure.

wogwog

That is true. Park hopping would only be useful if you plan to not use any FP at the park you "hop" to. But with many rides that just wouldn't be possible. Don't forget it cost millions to make FP+ too.

Your estimate of FP+ is a bit on the conservative side. More like $2 billion + for the entire project.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
My guess is that integrating FP+ into multiple parks per day will be in version 2.0 of MM+. I'm sure that it's an incredibly complicated system and they have to learn to walk before they can run.

luv

Your estimate of FP+ is a bit on the conservative side. More like $2 billion + for the entire project.
I think they were referring to the loss of revenue incurred by all the Magical Band people not buying the Park Hopping option. But I'm sure Disney will ever raise ticket prices and make hopping "free" or figure out a way to sell it.

wogwog

Yes, but those billions include more then FP alone. FP+ doesn't make up all those billions

Your point is valid. I am careless about the terms FP and MM+ and the other tech toys. I should have spelled out the cost was for the entire MyMagic+ project not just Fast Pass. But my opinion is the entire project is not worth that kind of investment no matter what it includes or does. That amount of $ could have done a lot more for the guests in the way of park improvements than fancy tech toys.

This project does not add a single attraction or show.

Guests who want to plan well in advance every day and activity will enjoy the parks maybe a bit more.

I just don't see value. I expect the cost to continue to go up and the shine on the toys to wear off.

luv

Your point is valid. I am careless about the terms FP and MM+ and the other tech toys. I should have spelled out the cost was for the entire MyMagic+ project not just Fast Pass. But my opinion is the entire project is not worth that kind of investment no matter what it includes or does. That amount of $ could have done a lot more for the guests in the way of park improvements than fancy tech toys.

This project does not add a single attraction or show.

Guests who want to plan well in advance every day and activity they will enjoy the parks maybe a bit more.
I just don't see value. I expect the cost to continue to go up and the shine on the toys to wear off.
But...you get a magical wristband! ;)

Becky

Original Poster
Even if you park hop it doesn't mean you have to get fp at that other park. Late afternoons alot of fast passes are already gone.
Multi-Park Fast Pass+ would solve that problem. You want to do MK or AK part of a day and Epcot the other part you choose AM FP+ at your AM park and PM FP+ressies at your PM park. You are doing this 60-70 days out.
Oh, and, oh yes you are going to need to get a FP+ as once this is rolled out to everyone the paper fast pass will no longer be used and if you check it out almost everything including shows, fireworks and meet and greets are going to have FP+. Yea you can still do standby but it better be for something like Space Ship Earth or some other continous load ride.

RememberWhen

But couldn't you just plan your hopping around the one park issue? Say, do MK at rope drop and do the big rides. Then hop to DHS with your scheduled FP+ times in the afternoon for toy story, Tower and rockin roller coaster. It could be that you can get a lot more done since getting FP for the big rides in the afternoon isn't always possible with the current system.

lunchbox1175

Even if you park hop it doesn't mean you have to get fp at that other park. Late afternoons alot of fast passes are already gone.
Ding, ding, I am a big hopper, I rarely stay at one park an entire day, and usually I don't get a fast pass for anything at the second park I visit. They will make their money back on the entire MM+ over a long period of time just in sales of magic band merch, not to mention the price increases they just had.

luv

But couldn't you just plan your hopping around the one park issue? Say, do MK at rope drop and do the big rides. Then hop to DHS with your scheduled FP+ times in the afternoon for toy story, Tower and rockin roller coaster. It could be that you can get a lot more done since getting FP for the big rides in the afternoon isn't always possible with the current system.
An excellent point!! The first positive thought I've had about this whole Magical Wristband thing!

Polydweller

My guess is that integrating FP+ into multiple parks per day will be in version 2.0 of MM+. I'm sure that it's an incredibly complicated system and they have to learn to walk before they can run.
It does look like an incredibly complicate system and during testing they are controlling as many variables as possible. First they have to make it work right in one park. Once they perfect that then they could extend the testing to two or more parks and see what works or doesn't when hopping is added in. They aren't going to harm park hopping in the long run. They aren't going to spend that kind of money they are on a system that loses them ticket dollars.

So I'm betting its there in the final version but they likely have a lot of testing to do before full roll put. I'd also expect that the usage rules for the full production version will be highly modified from what's being done in testing and reflect what they have learned from all this testing.

disney4life2008

An excellent point!! The first positive thought I've had about this whole Magical Wristband thing!

From my understanding ( I could be wrong) - you can only choose ONE major attraction under FP+. For HS, it would be impossible to get all FP+ for TOT, RnRC and TSMM. I would pick one of those 3, plus a show or entertainment, and 2nd tier ride like Great Movie Ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom