Fast Pass Question/Suggestions

DisneyCyclones

Original Poster
Hello. We are considering paying $150 a person for the Fast Pass program that will give us 3 extra FP a day for a total of 6 per person. How many of you feel this would be a good option? You have to buy a minimum of three days. We are staying 3 days (Wednesday-Friday) in July. Everyone going is 18+. We will not use the park hopper option. We will not be going to AK. 1) Would you pay extra? 2) Which rides would you make sure get ridden at MK, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No, do not pay extra, but DO pay for the park hopper.

One full MK day, one Epcot morning hopping to MK, one DHS morning hopping to MK.

MK (rope drop one of the four):
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Peter Pan's Flight

Epcot
Soarin' (rope drop or FP+)
Test Track (rope drop or FP+)
Spaceship Earth
Mission: Space

DHS:
Slinky Dog Dash (rope drop)
Tower of Terror
Rock'n'RollerCoaster
Toy Story Mania

Then hop to MK each day and get same-day FPs one at a time.

aliceismad

If you have the money, it seems like a good option to avoid lines in the heat of summer. However, I would rather spend that extra money on one night of Disney after Hours at MK rather than FP.

I don’t know how the extra FP work with Tiers, but I would do some research about what attractions interest you and what wait times tend to be. For me, there are not that many rides at Epcot or HS that really require a FP.

At HS, for instance, the only rides that really need a FP are Toy Story rides (all Tier 1), RNRC, and TOT. The other FPs aren’t as useful. None of the shows really require them.

At Epcot, all the rides with the longest lines are Tier 1, so I’d do one on FP and do another at rope drop. FP on the other rides will save some time but aren’t necessary.

I agree with Cap’s suggestions, except I’d swap out Peter Pan for Mine Train.

nickys

Premium Member
Hello. We are considering paying $150 a person for the Fast Pass program that will give us 3 extra FP a day for a total of 6 per person. How many of you feel this would be a good option? You have to buy a minimum of three days. We are staying 3 days (Wednesday-Friday) in July. Everyone going is 18+. We will not use the park hopper option. We will not be going to AK. 1) Would you pay extra? 2) Which rides would you make sure get ridden at MK, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios?

You do know you have to be staying Club Level to qualify for this?

The big benefit is that the extra CL FPs can be for any ride, so you could have four tier1 FPs per park (Epcot and DHS).

They are booked by Signature Services, and can only be modified by them, even on the actual day. They will also book your “normal” FPs for those days at the same time (90 days out from check-out), and I think you can modify those yourself once you reach 60 days.

Only you can decide if this is worth it to you. Would you be staying CL anyway, and how long is your trip? I guess if the answers are “yes” and “short”, then maybe it will be.

DisneyCyclones

Original Poster
If you have the money, it seems like a good option to avoid lines in the heat of summer. However, I would rather spend that extra money on one night of Disney after Hours at MK rather than FP.

I don’t know how the extra FP work with Tiers, but I would do some research about what attractions interest you and what wait times tend to be. For me, there are not that many rides at Epcot or HS that really require a FP.

At HS, for instance, the only rides that really need a FP are Toy Story rides (all Tier 1), RNRC, and TOT. The other FPs aren’t as useful. None of the shows really require them.

At Epcot, all the rides with the longest lines are Tier 1, so I’d do one on FP and do another at rope drop. FP on the other rides will save some time but aren’t necessary.

I agree with Cap’s suggestions, except I’d swap out Peter Pan for Mine Train.
Extra three FPs are not tiered.

DisneyCyclones

Original Poster
You do know you have to be staying Club Level to qualify for this?

The big benefit is that the extra CL FPs can be for any ride, so you could have four tier1 FPs per park (Epcot and DHS).

They are booked by Signature Services, and can only be modified by them, even on the actual day. They will also book your “normal” FPs for those days at the same time (90 days out from check-out), and I think you can modify those yourself once you reach 60 days.

Only you can decide if this is worth it to you. Would you be staying CL anyway, and how long is your trip? I guess if the answers are “yes” and “short”, then maybe it will be.
Yes and short are the exact answers. I've spoken with Signature Services and we could book them this Sunday.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Extra three FPs are not tiered.
It doesn't really matter IMO. Your trip is so short that you're going to have to skip loads of things anyways, so you're not gaining much by buying your way out of the tiered system. At Hollywood Studios, Alien Swirling Saucers is skippable and you can rope drop whichever of Slinky and TSMM you don't get a FastPass for. Same with Frozen (skippable) and Test Track / Soarin (rope drop / FP) at Epcot. You'd be much better served with the park hopper, because there are more high-quality attractions at the Magic Kingdom than a single day allows, while you can hit the headliners at Epcot and DHS by lunch time.

JillC LI

Is it worth $450 per person for 3 extra FPs per day for three days? Not to me but if you've got money to burn. I think you could do just as well by getting to the parks before rope drop at no extra charge, but I'm a bit of a penny pincher. :) We were just at the parks over the holidays when it was extremely crowded and we did all the major attractions and then some by getting up early with no extra FPs (1 park per day for 4 days).

DISR

How you spend your money and its relationship to the amount of time you have is a personal decision, but I think $450 is a lot of money for nine extra fast passes. If money is no object consider the VIP tour service...it will accomplish more than the extra fast passes. If they are available, there are other select upcharge events like early morning magic or Disney after hours. They may not be happening or be sold out for your dates though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom