Fast Pass Booking Concern

Hcalvert

If this is already addressed somewhere else, please direct me to the discussion.

This just occurred to me this morning. I have a mid-July trip planned and will have to choose FPs in about two weeks. The problem is that my AP was supposed to expire before the trip, but with the extension for the closure, would be active during the trip. My concern is if I will be able to book the FPs or is the system going to say that I don't have tickets and cannot book them since Disney is not extending them until they have an opening date? To compound the issue, I booked a DVC reservation, so I just cannot add tickets to the reservation and then cancel them. I would call about this, but I thought I would put it out there for anyone else who is in a similar situation and find out if anyone has contacted Disney regarding this concern.

*An aside, I know that WDW may not be open in July, but just in case it is, I am sharing this concern.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That is an interesting issue you raise. I don't know the answer, if you find out from Disney let us know. Good luck!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
If this is already addressed somewhere else, please direct me to the discussion.

This just occurred to me this morning. I have a mid-July trip planned and will have to choose FPs in about two weeks. The problem is that my AP was supposed to expire before the trip, but with the extension for the closure, would be active during the trip. My concern is if I will be able to book the FPs or is the system going to say that I don't have tickets and cannot book them since Disney is not extending them until they have an opening date? To compound the issue, I booked a DVC reservation, so I just cannot add tickets to the reservation and then cancel them. I would call about this, but I thought I would put it out there for anyone else who is in a similar situation and find out if anyone has contacted Disney regarding this concern.

*An aside, I know that WDW may not be open in July, but just in case it is, I am sharing this concern.

It is a problem, some have already come across it. They aren’t extending dates until the parks actually re-open. This is what I’ve seen people have done.

If you renew, what will happen is the renewal will show but no payments will be taken. When the parks re-open the payments will re-start and the new renewal date will be pushed out by the number of days the parks are closed for.

Example:

Your renewal date is June 15th 2020.
You renew and the new renewal date will initially show as June 15th 2021.
When the parks re-open, payments will start and the renewal date will be extended to June 15th plus x days.

Apparently, when you do the renewal the message will still tell you that payments will start on the renewal date, but nothing will actually come out of your account.

Make sense? I would probably try and call and verify this is still current.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Original Poster
It is a problem, some have already come across it. They aren’t extending dates until the parks actually re-open. This is what I’ve seen people have done.

If you renew, what will happen is the renewal will show but no payments will be taken. When the parks re-open the payments will re-start and the new renewal date will be pushed out by the number of days the parks are closed for.

Example:

Your renewal date is June 15th 2020.
You renew and the new renewal date will initially show as June 15th 2021.
When the parks re-open, payments will start and the renewal date will be extended to June 15th plus x days.

Apparently, when you do the renewal the message will still tell you that payments will start on the renewal date, but nothing will actually come out of your account.

Make sense? I would probably try and call and verify this is still current.
Sorry, I should have specified that I am out-of-state (so not eligible for payments), paid for my annual pass in full, and I plan on not renewing at this time unless Disney offers a better discount to do so. I also cannot cancel the reservation or I will lose all my money as the DVC owner said they would not refund me anything regardless of reason (even if WDW is not open and she gets her points back).

Upvote 0

fizzieee

Hi there! I have already experienced this problem when I re-booked my end of April trip to June. I am also an out-of-state AP holder and my passes were set to expire midway through our rescheduled trip. 60 days out we could only make FP+ for the first half of our trip. A very nice CM had to work with another department directly in order to open up FP+ for the remainder of our trip, even though our passes are still not technically valid for that time period.

My suggestion would be to have them go ahead and open those dates up for you ahead of time (if at all possible, it may not be) so that you're still able to make all of your FP+ first thing in the morning 60 days out. I would at least bring this issue to their attention so that they can potentially address it before the day you need to make your FP+. By the time we got ours fixed, it was a couple of hours later and a lot of good FP+ were gone.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom