Fast Pass and Tier 1 and 2 rides...

Charliegolf

Original Poster
Hi all, first post...

I'm reading about 'tier 1 and 2 rides'. What does this mean, and does it have any relevance for using our fastpasses? Thanks.

CG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The tiers are used in making your fastpass selections. The tiers are only used for attractions in Epcot or DHS. MK and AK do not have tiers.

You may choose one attraction from the list of tier 1 choices and then choose 2 attractions from tier 2 choices when you make your initial 3 fastpass selections. When you have used those 3, you may make an additional selection using a smartphone or in-park kiosk. You may select another tier 1 attraction at that time if there is availability. When you have used your 4th fastpasses, you may make a 5th (and so on) the same way.

Welcome to WDWMagic :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Epcot and DHS have their rides divided into two tiers. When making your initial Fastpass picks you can only pick one tier 1 ride, the other two have to be from tier 2.

Tier 1's:

Epcot:
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Frozen Ever After
Living with the Land
Soarin'
Test Track

DHS:
  • Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
  • The Great Movie Ride
  • Fantasmic!
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!

Last edited:

SAV

Epcot and DHS have their rides divided into two tiers. When making your initial Fastpass picks you can only pick one tier 1 ride, the other two have to be from tier 2.

Tier 1's:

Epcot:
Frozen Ever After
Living with the Land
Soarin'
Test Track

DHS:
Frozen Ever After
Living with the Land
Soarin'
Test Track

You listed the same attractions for DHS that you did for Epcot.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I didn't realize Illuminations was a tier one. How does one FP+ a fireworks show? Is it a dessert related purchase?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I didn't realize Illuminations was a tier one. How does one FP+ a fireworks show? Is it a dessert related purchase?

I did the Illuminations Fastpass once and it really wasn't worth it. The viewing area is good, but you still need to get there early to get in line for the viewing area if you want a good spot. There are so many good places to view illuminations from it really not worth it.

CheshireCat12

I did the Illuminations Fastpass once and it really wasn't worth it. The viewing area is good, but you still need to get there early to get in line for the viewing area if you want a good spot. There are so many good places to view illuminations from it really not worth it.
I agree, had FP+ for Illuminations and just skipped it as I have a "usual" spot that I like much better and doesn't require standing in line 30 min. early for the FP+ area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom