Fast And Furious: Dom’s Challenge

Lizzy May Bee

Original Poster
75FC61A2-C972-4999-B275-2DD634E810FD.jpeg

Introduction
The Fast And The Furious Is a world famous Universal Studios property that follows the many misadventures of well-known street racer Dominic Toretto and his crew, or as he calls them, his Family. It is also a franchise known for being very, very stupid, which to be fair, Is an accurate statement. I however, set out to defend this series’s merit, and one way I shall do that is to design the greatest thrill ride in Universal history, which I shall entitle “Fast & Furious, Dom’s Challenge”, even if that’s not really accurate to the ride’s events.

Now before we get started, I must tell you a few things about this ride. 1. Why?: well I’ve already established myself as the number top Fast & Furious fan, which Is also why I must make up for Universal’s EMBARRASSING show for F&F theme park attractions, such as the part in their Hollywood tram tour, or the DISASTER that is “Fast & Furious: Supercharged”, which also happens to just be the part from the tram tour made into a whole ride. & 2. This artwork shall be located at Universal’s Islands Of Adventure park, specifically somewhere in between Lost Continent & that Harry Potter ****.
Queue, Pre-Show & Loading
C8D6E7E4-5ED7-4DA9-97A9-B9946DD9391D.jpeg

The queue (& ride itself given it’s outdoors) are designed to resemble LA, with forced perspective being used to keep some sort of cohesion, as you (an up & coming street racer) have heard that street racing legend Dominic Toretto is taking care of some business in the area (which will let F&F fans know exactly where this takes place in the timeline).

Guests eventually run into Dom (represented by an animatronic) making his way out of an auto-shop, and “challenge him” to a street race, while hesitant, he accepts, as you remind him of a certain member of his Family.

Participants enter into ride vehicles highly reminiscent of many a car seen in the franchise. The “cars” fit 2 rows of 2 people, perfect for Families.
339DBD0A-E67E-45BA-91E6-702C1813A185.jpeg

Ride
35535A60-449C-497A-90CC-5A6835E1ACC8.jpeg

The ride would be one of thrill, though fairly family appropriate, & would function similarly to Disney‘s Test Track (or the far superior Radiator Springs Racers).

As a thrill ride, it isn’t particularly story heavy, however there are some slower dark ride scenes, which illustrate the ride’s plot, speaking of which. While the ride originally starts off as a simple street race between you & Dom (with him actually being portrayed by another ride vehicle), the ride does eventually climax with the police (anti-Dom, not allies like Hobbs) chasing after you & Dom yelling out at you on what to do (even though you don’t actually have any control on the vehicle).

The attraction finishes off with you evading the cops and Dom telling you “not bad for a new racer, consider yourself part of the Family”.
More Info
The ride is accompanied by a restaurant called Toretto’s Family Diner, where you can have any brew you want, as long as it’s a Corona (not that kind), & also many a deli product, such as Tuna Sandwiches.
Conclusion
This is not a joke, I put lots of effort into it, so I hope you enjoyed!

MickeyMouse10

Great job, I was thinking the same thing about Test Track. Universal could just copy Disney's version of it.

I don't understand why Universal "mostly" does just 2 different types of rides. It's either a rollercoaster or a screen ride. Even their stunt show has fricking screens.

MickeyMouse10

I've been thinking that "Fast and the Furious" and/or "Back to the Future" could both use this type of ride system effectively. Knowing Universal they probably would have at least 2 versions of it. They've done this philosophy with Spiderman and Transformers and then again with King Kong and Fast and the Furious.

Though this would be a tad different, because my idea would have them in the same park. "Fast" would of course be on the left and "Back" would be on the right. In a new section I've been thinking about a lot lately.

It could go right behind it's former attraction, which is now occupied by the Simpsons. "Back" would find a nice home right next to other 80's classics, like E.T. and Ghostbusters (formerly M.I.B.). In a new 80's themed section at Universal Studios.

Last edited:

OG Runner

Sorry but this really closer to Radiator Springs in Disneyland. It would have been a much better way to go than the mess they ended up with in Florida. (I have ridden it a number of time from the back, the middle and front. It doesn't make it better)

MickeyMouse10

You should definitely add in a customization section into the preride area with Ludacris. It could look like a garage, where the characters paint and change out parts.

The visitors could really make some cool cars, like with Disney's "Test Track". But with more of a 1960's/70's Muscle look, like the badass cars in the film series.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom