Farewell Citizens of Hollywood

mergatroid

Original Poster
The facebook of some of the Citizens of Hollywood cast are saying they've just been told that they're being laid off, such a shame. I thank each and every one of them (as I do all CM's) for making so many great memories for us over the years

courtesy of KPUT Radio on youtube

Last edited:

Lilofan

The facebook of some of the Citizens of Hollywood cast are saying they've just been told that they're being laid off, such a shame. I thank each and every one of them (as I do all CM's) for making so many great memories for us over the years

These cast could perform in full make up and costume at DHS in 100 degree heat and they didn't seem to miss a beat or break a sweat.

wendysue

The last few years I have grumbled and griped about prices going up, etc. and always said "I'm not going back", (usually I still did) but if I had known what was really coming, I might not have whined so much. :arghh: Now, with the virus and all the REAL cutbacks, having to cancel and move May, July, August and November, we feel that it is really over. We have no desire to walk through the airport and board a tin can with a hundred other people and go to a place that doesn't offer much of what we liked before. Sad now, but boy we had some great times there. :joyfull:

celluloid

Tokyo for my family I guess. Splash, upkeep in all attraction showmanship and superb guest service with the atmosphere.
I wish my kids could have gotten the WDW of 80s-90s.

tirian

Many of them were also Adventurer’s Club alumni, and had been with the company for decades.

It’s hard to believe that for about 30 years, the Magic Kingdom and Epcot had more attractions, shows, and parades than in 2019; the Studios had more special events and bigger entertainment; the resorts had more dining and recreation options; the restaurants had larger menus and were easier to reserve; and Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island had more unique shopping, nightclubs, and comedy clubs. It was pricey but worth the value. That’s what built WDW’s reputation.

Yet by 2018, Pixie Dust fans were raving about special-edition cupcakes and defending the budget cuts, the closures, and the insanely overpriced hotels. If a long-time fan pointed out that the company was slowly tearing away everything that made it “Disney,” the fan was derided as a Doom-and-Gloomer, Boomer, or worse.

Next year will be interesting as the resort slowly recovers from Covid closures and All Star hotels launch at $200/night (!). This is while moderate resorts hit $400—the same as a Hyatt Regency in NYC or a Ritz-Carlton in smaller markets.

How long will people keep paying progressively more for less?

TrainsOfDisney

The Citizens of Hollywood were the last opening day attraction of the park.

The Citizens of Hollywood, citizens of Main Street, and hoop dee doo closing are pretty much the end of a quirky, unique, and fun type of entertainment that Walt Disney World had.
6DDF57AD-468A-44B5-95ED-7E79937AD2B0.jpeg

mergatroid

Original Poster
The Citizens of Hollywood were the last opening day attraction of the park.

The Citizens of Hollywood, citizens of Main Street, and hoop dee doo closing are pretty much the end of a quirky, unique, and fun type of entertainment that Walt Disney World had.View attachment 509296

Betty Shambles and Evie Starlight have to be the funniest characters of all time at Disney in my humble opinion.

Surfin' Tuna

I'm not sure which stage of grief I'm in, but I waffle between sadness, anger, and just plain feelings of defeat. We can claim we will no longer go, but most of us still will. We can write letter and emails that are a waste of time. We could try to find something similar elsewhere, but there is nothing. It used to be worth the trip to WDW, because there was something special and unique around every corner. One could spend thousands of dollars and feel like he was getting thousands of dollars in value. Even if you stayed for a week, went to the parks for 4 days and resort hopped the other days there was something special to see at the resorts. Now it's all just the same, nothing special, nothing to sit back (if there were benches) and just quietly enjoy. The other night my kid asked me if Hoop Dee Doo was really closed forever. I actually couldn't even get into the answer, because it just stinks that this special place is feeling so much less special every passing year.

TrainsOfDisney

We stood outside Pioneer Hall while these exact thoughts went through my head...
It was truly a great show, and I hope it returns. I've learned to temper my hope around here.
I’ve been hearing rumors it was getting cut soon. I wanted to go see it again but my last 2 trips to Disney involved evening shows at Epcot (candlelight and then the broadway concerts).

I saw it once as a kid, and would have loved to see it again with some former citizens and comedy warehouse cast that I know were regulars there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom