Fantasyland Expansion Photos -over the wall- 4/15/12

Gregoryp73

YAH! I noticd that too! I also noticed some roof work or buiilding work in the village looks more finished and also rock work on ariele more towards storybook circus is more finished! so exciting to see it develop so quickly!:sohappy:

Looking real good. Me thinks that they could have the area done cosmetically by mid-summer. The question is, do they open up the area without restaurant and ride open to alleviate traffic and slow down work on 7dmc?? Maybe this is why they are saying 2014 for that ride?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think there is a couple resons for this. I don't think it means all that much as it relates to how 'thrilling' the coaster ride will be. Heavy supports have to be maintained less and can handle the stresses better even if they are relatively minor. Space Mountain has always had problems in this area because they could not build with such massive supports. Also coaster science has come a long way and they usually build them to last longer these days. Secondly though, they need supports like these because it is possible they will also be supporting some of the show building (the actual mountain) itself. It will be fascinating to see it built.

By the way, someone mentioned damouse blog. They have pics of the castle walls that are way beyond what the artist renderings reveal. AWESOME!

Way to go TDO!!! :sohappy:

See below

My understanding is that the track support system needs to be independent of everything else--you don't want vibration from the train running on the track affecting anything else.

True...

Another reason for large supports is that besides the normal Roller Coaster forces involved the ride vehicles will also sway from side to side, so the supports need to absorb these lateral forces as well.

jt04

See below

True...

Another reason for large supports is that besides the normal Roller Coaster forces involved the ride vehicles will also sway from side to side, so the supports need to absorb these lateral forces as well.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. That makes the most sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom