Fantasyland expansion area now completely cleared of trees and berm

SeaCastle

Any word on something being done to cover the eastern side of the IASW show building?

34g23yt.jpg

mp2bill

Any word on something being done to cover the eastern side of the IASW show building?

34g23yt.jpg

That'll probably be the first location to get the full grown trees planted into the ground. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go in in the next couple of weeks.

disneysroyal411

It must be really magical to work for Disney Construction. You watch everything get torn down and then you watch these beautiful show pieces be built up and you forget everything it was when it was all torn down or supports. Then you feel really magical for helping building something so cool.

SeaCastle

I have a new update over at Orlando Theme Parks News (only part 1, for now).
But there seems to be some kind of problem with Peter Pan! It is still being repainted, and the tower near IASW is being repainted once again!! What's going on there?

No clue, but I want to get to the bottom of it! Are they painting over cracks? It certainly doesn't seem like an aesthetic choice. It must be some sort of quick fix since they didn't bother to put tarps over the building again. I'd also like to know why the front side of Peter Pan is taking so long to get refurbished. I would hope this would be some drastic facade renovation.

mp2bill

No clue, but I want to get to the bottom of it! Are they painting over cracks? It certainly doesn't seem like an aesthetic choice. It must be some sort of quick fix since they didn't bother to put tarps over the building again. I'd also like to know why the front side of Peter Pan is taking so long to get refurbished. I would hope this would be some drastic facade renovation.

That'd be cool.

DisneyParksFan1

I agree. This is taking WAYY too long...

Horizons1

Walking through this area Monday night was very odd. I'm so used to seeing some sort of skyline and trees very close to guests in that area of Fantasyland. Seeing it bare and open like that is so different. Even when the FLE is complete, it's going to be odd to see something over on that side of Fantasyland.

tirian

Walking through this area Monday night was very odd. I'm so used to seeing some sort of skyline and trees very close to guests in that area of Fantasyland. Seeing it bare and open like that is so different. Even when the FLE is complete, it's going to be odd to see something over on that side of Fantasyland.

It'll be odd, but DLP has an expanded Alice area in that general direction, and FL feels like a real place because of it! I can't wait to see how the new architecture and landscaping affect WDW's FL! :sohappy:

ms7479a

I have a new update over at Orlando Theme Parks News (only part 1, for now).
But there seems to be some kind of problem with Peter Pan! It is still being repainted, and the tower near IASW is being repainted once again!! What's going on there?

Not to get off topic, but looking at that link made me realize something. I thought the Main Street Exposition Hall looked a little different last time I saw it and now I know why. I guess they didn't even bother to put any tarps over the building while they were working on it, but it certainly looks a lot better now. Here is a before picture (taken not too long ago):

DSC04682.JPG

Here is a picture of it now (notice the difference in the brick color?):
eukme9.jpg

MotherOfBirds

I sincerely hope that they aren't going to cut costs by skipping refurbing FL facades. Not only does the current theme need to be put to sleep, but it would look totally out of place with new FL and make it all look totally half-a$$ed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom