Fantasy Land Expansion reminder

Mr_Incredible

Original Poster
Remember when this expansion mostly meant Pixie Hallow?!!? haha. I am so glad they decided to change and update what they were doing. TDO doesn't get enough credit for that decision. True, they originally had made the wrong decision, but to admit a mistake and change everything. Good stuff.

Anytime I worry about the expansion, I think about this, and smile. It will be fantastic.

Also, listening to Disney pandora on my tv....(3 days till our trip) I started listening to "bonjore" from Beauty and the beast.....imagine if CM's randomly started singing throughout belles village after it opens?! That would be so cool!!!!

disneypearl

I can't wait to see it in person. I really wanted to get reservations for Be Our Guest restaurant but didn't. I am alright with that because there is so much still to look forward to. The quick service will be just fine with me. Gaston's Tavern is also going to me one of my first stops. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies and I am excited that it is going to be such a big part of this expansion.

DisneyWall-E

Would have loved if they would have done a whole Neverland section to include a smaller Pixie Hallow. Then they could have made a new ride for Peter Pan and used the old ride space for some new ride. READ: NOT A MEET AND GREET!

Magenta Panther

Remember when this expansion mostly meant Pixie Hallow?!!? haha. I am so glad they decided to change and update what they were doing. TDO doesn't get enough credit for that decision. True, they originally had made the wrong decision, but to admit a mistake and change everything. Good stuff.

Anytime I worry about the expansion, I think about this, and smile. It will be fantastic.

Also, listening to Disney pandora on my tv....(3 days till our trip) I started listening to "bonjore" from Beauty and the beast.....imagine if CM's randomly started singing throughout belles village after it opens?! That would be so cool!!!!

I had that idea myself! A whole production number occurring right in front of Gaston's, built around that song. That would be awesome!

kap91

Production number probably wouldn't happen, but at least during the previews of Enchanted Tales with Belle all the cast members have been saying "Bonjour" to the guests. Its a nice touch.

bdearl41

I cannot agree more, originally SDMT was just going to be meet and greets with various princesses in their respective settings. It would have been such a waste of space. I know there are a good deal of people who like the meet and greets, but there also has to be tangible attractions for the rest of us. Kudos to TDO for making the changes from the original plans.

SirLink

Well that would be good if TDO wanted to expand Fantasyland in the beginning, yep I'm thanking Burbank for making them do it, and then someone in Burbank got wise - and replaced one ride for another :rolleyes: , but honestly what have we gained in this expansion that expands the park - nothing, bar a flex restaurant, everything is replacing something else.

Prototype82

I love what we're getting, even though I do wish we were getting pixie hollow as well. Mainly because my 12 year old cousin would go nuts there.

Ignohippo

I don't consider Circus Land to be an upgrade over Pixie Hollow. I'm glad we're getting the SWMT, but CircusLand is a waste of a huge amount of real estate IMO.

Pixie Hollow in the back (where it was in the original plans) and Neverland, including Skull Rock and Hook's ship in front of it, would have been amazing.

BrightImagine

Pixie Hollow in the back (where it was in the original plans) and Neverland, including Skull Rock and Hook's ship in front of it, would have been amazing.

I agree... I still miss that concept of Pixie Hollow and the Home Tree, and a revival of Hook's ship a la Disneyland would indeed be amazing... but I don't think the ship was ever even on the table? It was just a dream.

SirLink

I don't consider Circus Land to be an upgrade over Pixie Hollow. I'm glad we're getting the SWMT, but CircusLand is a waste of a huge amount of real estate IMO.

Were there ever serious plans for Skull Rock and the Ship, I seem to remember talk of a Mater Junk Yard style attraction and meet and greet's

Maybe its just me going to DLP as a young one but I really enjoy seeing Skull Rock and Cpt. Hook's ship in Adventureland.

Ignohippo

Were there ever serious plans for Skull Rock and the Ship, I seem to remember talk of a Mater Junk Yard style attraction and meet and greet's

Maybe its just me going to DLP as a young one but I really enjoy seeing Skull Rock and Cpt. Hook's ship in Adventureland.

No, not at all. Just something I was hoping for.

It never made sense to me that they'd use all of that space for Pixie Hollow and not have Neverland as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom