"Fantastic Worlds" 4th gate

lebeau

Hope not. My kids are getting old and I have other things to do then go to theme parks. The 4th park is too far in the future to be useful for me and one reason I like Universal is you don't have a bunch of travel time to get around to their parks.

I am looking forward to the new gate, but I get where you're coming from. I prefer Universal to Disney in large part because it is so easy to get around. I hope Universal does not expand to the extent that it becomes a sprawling mess like Disney. I am cautiously optimistic that they will put more effort into transportation than Disney does. The day I have to wait 40 minutes to sit in a cramped shuttle, I'm done.

Last edited:

danpam1024

Original Poster
I am looking forward to the new gate, but I get where you're coming from. I prefer Universal to Disney in large part because it is so easy to get around. I hope Universal does not expand to the extent that it becomes a sprawling mess like Disney. I am cautiously optimistic that they will put more effort into transportation that Disney does. The day I have to wait 40 minutes to sit in a cramped shuttle, I'm done.
The sprawling mess is my worry as well. I despise packing into a bus with a bunch of sweaty, smelly, tired tourists.

Bob Harlem

and a lot of wasted time.

I like staying at the Portofino, get on the boat for a short cruise over to the parks and City Walk. Doesn't take long, it's a nice little cruise and for that matter, I have walked the path to the parks. Short and easy. I don't really want to wait for a bus that will bring through downtown Orlando traffic stopping at every light etc.

I would rather Universal fills the parks they have first. There is room. Much more could be put into the parks now without adding a new park which over time isn't a bad idea but I hope they figure out the transportation side of it.

You will like the fact they will do both new park and original, and it won't be just buses either.

Lots of wrong conclusions here

Tom Morrow

Follows the model of "Islands of Adventure" and "Magic Kingdom" and their various lands/islands. This works.
Magic Kingdom has an overarching theme of being a collection of timeless fictional genres, though it has been muddied a bit by shoehorning in IP's where they don't belong. Islands of Adventure has no overarching theme and was the park that kicked off the new theme park design method of just being a plot of land to fill with IP's.

Not that I will be going to Dubai any time soon anyway, but all of their new theme parks are extremely unappealing to me because that is all they are. I know this is the new way of theme parks, but I don't have to like it.

Bob Harlem

Magic Kingdom has an overarching theme of being a collection of timeless fictional genres, though it has been muddied a bit by shoehorning in IP's where they don't belong. Islands of Adventure has no overarching theme and was the park that kicked off the new theme park design method of just being a plot of land to fill with IP's.

Not true at all (The main entrance of IOA spells it out for you if you look around).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom