Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

AndyMagic

IF anything from Fantastic Beasts comes to the parks, finding a spot for it that makes sense would be difficult. It's based in a 1920s New York. USF already has a New York that is clearly present day especially now that Jimmy Fallon/30 Rock is being built. World Expo's plot could work but there is no way they'd build TWO New York areas in the same park. Lost Continent is a possibility but then you run into the problem of having a 1920s New York City right beside Hogsmeade. No way would J.K. or Warner Bros. allow that. Neither USF nor IOA make a suitable home for a Fantastic Beasts attraction. However, those two parks aren't Universal's only option in Orlando anymore. ;)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
IF anything from Fantastic Beasts comes to the parks, finding a spot for it that makes sense would be difficult. It's based in a 1920s New York. USF already has a New York that is clearly present day especially now that Jimmy Fallon/30 Rock is being built. World Expo's plot could work but there is no way they'd build TWO New York areas in the same park. Lost Continent is a possibility but then you run into the problem of having a 1920s New York City right beside Hogsmeade. No way would J.K. or Warner Bros. allow that. Neither USF nor IOA make a suitable home for a Fantastic Beasts attraction. However, those two parks aren't Universal's only option in Orlando anymore. ;)

3 Parks, 3 Potterlands.

Mike S

Or, since a relatively recent rumor concerning Dragon Challenge has surfaced, maybe we can get a Forbidden Forest ride hosted by the ghost of Newt Scamander.

StageFrenzy

There's a new thread on OU titled "future of Dragon Challenge?" The insiders there have definitely said somethings up.
Well the whole process of getting on that ride is a cluster. With the lockers and the metal detectors and the trek into the building it's almost not enough ROI for me to ride it. Only if you have EP does it even seem worth it anymore and that is just barely. The amount of land that it takes up and staffing has got to be huge. The staff has got to be reaching MM+ level number of people.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Well the whole process of getting on that ride is a cluster. With the lockers and the metal detectors and the trek into the building it's almost not enough ROI for me to ride it. Only if you have EP does it even seem worth it anymore and that is just barely. The amount of land that it takes up and staffing has got to be huge. The staff has got to be reaching MM+ level number of people.
I totally agree- they could put several things where the sidewalk is. I wish they never took down the dragons.

AJO

My bet is that if they really do scrap Dragon Challenge, we get some form of Shrieking Shack interactive walk-through attraction, a la the upcoming USH Walking Dead attraction with wands instead of guns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom