fantasmic

stuarthulluk

Original Poster
how packed does fantasmic get, again, we are going in march, and i really want to see this show, how long do you have to turn up before so we can get a seat,

Atta83

I have seen ppl wait up to two hours for the show and it does get packed!! Find out what time it shows that night, they might be running two shows but then again I am not 100% sure.

Pippa

Yes it does get packed, but this just makes for a better atmosphere! I usually get there about 1 hour before showtime to get seats.
Enjoy the show, it's great! :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Am I right in that the reserved seats are off to the far side? If you`ve never seen the show (I take it you didn`t in 2002), at least have the chance of a more central position. Although it was in June, we had to watch our first ever show standing at the far back left since we only gave it 30 minutes... and the Dragon went tech on us. Half way out. Doh!

If they run 2 shows a night it can be bedlam - the 2nd show queue when we were there was held next to the ToT (in the Ampitheatre approach) whilst exiting guests came towards us and took a right turn (their left) - shifting 20,000 people can`t be easy, and on video it looks like the whole park is walking... It was worth it though, by sheer luck we got central seats, about a third of the way back. Fantasmic!

I`d be around the end of Sunset Blvd. an hour before showtime, and ask a CM how its filling up. If you do go early to snag a good spot, take something comfy to sit on :lol:

shoppingnut

I definitely recommend the fantasmic dinner package, I have done it several times and it is well worth the money. By doing the package, it gives you priority seating into the show, you enter from the bottom of Hollywood Blvd. by the gas station instead of waiting in the regular line, there is a separate section roped off for the folks with the dinner. This way you only have to get there about 30 mins before the show and can do other things in the park instead of waiting in line for 2 hours.

Not all the restaurants in MGM participate in the dinner package, I know that Mama Melrose, Hollywood & Vine and the Brown Derby do and on occasion they have included one of the others, but that is rare. Hollywood & Vine is a buffet which I haven't been to, but have heard mixed reviews on it. Mama Melrose I have been to and didn't like the food very much and most people on another thread felt the same way too. Brown Derby, is the most expensive of the group, but is excellent.

M. Racer

wannab@dis said:
You can get a Fantasmic Dinner package with reserved seats if you are worried about getting seats. Read about it here - http://allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm

Great advice. This is how we like to do it. It beats standing on line for an hour. They even take you in a different entrance, located near the stroller rental center near the entrance to the park. :sohappy: :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
shoppingnut said:
I definitely recommend the fantasmic dinner package

But where are the reserved show seats? A few people have complained here that they are on the far right of the ampitheatre, not offering the best view...

mrtoad

marni1971 said:
But where are the reserved show seats? A few people have complained here that they are on the far right of the ampitheatre, not offering the best view...

The reserved seats are to the far right but if you go say 45 minutes prior to the show you can get one to the far left of that area which is not bad at all. It beats standing in line for an hour prior to that.

dcaffey

In my opinion the seating you get with the dinner package is just fine. I've never felt like I missed anything or couldn't see. The first time we went to Fantasmic we sat very close to the front and that turned out to be a rather damp experience.

I've been told, but can't verify, that if there's a second show it's usually not as crowded or hard to get a seat.

I suggest using the dinner package and getting there a little earlier.

No matter what though you must see the show. I listen to the CD on a regular basis.

Departure in 21 days

stuarthulluk

Original Poster
so its best to go with the dinner package, with these seats do u still get to see all the characters and the projection ok

bsandersjr

stuarthulluk said:
how packed does fantasmic get, again, we are going in march, and i really want to see this show, how long do you have to turn up before so we can get a seat,

My suggestion would be to look into the "Dinner and a Show" option.
You goto dinner at Hollywood and Vine, Brown Derby, or MaMa Melrose's, and a ticket for reserved section seating for the show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
TAC said:
My only minor complaint is that I think there should be another exit, especially if guests just want to leave, rather than having 10,000 people mull through one exit. I've never seen it, but my guess is that there are provisions for emergencies? Other exits which would go backstage
Funnily enough, early press releases in `97 said the theatre would exit directly onto the plaza outside the gates (assuming the park closed during the show) - one of the reasons the ampitheatre is located where it is.

I guess there would have been too many guests leaving without one last stroll past (and in) the shops of Sunset and Hollywood...

ogryn

stuarthulluk said:
so its best to go with the dinner package, with these seats do u still get to see all the characters and the projection ok

Yes. Our view was perfectly fine :wave:

I roughly sketched out the ampitheater for you....

(Grey bit is the mountain. There are a lot more seats than those shown ;) )

Attachments

• fantasmic_plan.GIF
    fantasmic_plan.GIF
    4.5 KB · Views: 92

wannab@dis

marni1971 said:
Funnily enough, early press releases in `97 said the theatre would exit directly onto the plaza outside the gates (assuming the park closed during the show) - one of the reasons the ampitheatre is located where it is.

I guess there would have been too many guests leaving without one last stroll past (and in) the shops of Sunset and Hollywood...

We usually exit out the "entrance" area for the Fantasmic Dinner package if we're seated on the right side. I'll confirm that all the seats are good, so the package is a good deal. The reason you have the right side area is because you have a seperate entrance that comes into the theatre on the right side.

Pan

We just did the dinner package and it worked out great. There isn't a bad seat in the place. Another advantage of sitting up high and on the right is that it allows you a quick escape after the show if you want to beat the crowds to the bus stops.

tigger248

I've seen the show both ways.

The dinner package is fine. It guaruntees you a seat and you don't have to wait as long. Ever since they reworked it, though, I haven't done it. I don't think it's worth it to pay extra for. You can see everything, but I prefer a more central seat and the reserved area is to the far right. Some of the boats only have the spotlight in the middle, etc. But, it's definitely an option.

I always just go standby. 45 minutes to an hour is about what you'd need to allow to for seats and it does fill up pretty fast. If they run 2 shows, you should be able to easily get into the second show without the package or hour long wait. Most people go to the first show and then leave. I once went in mid-July and they had 2 shows. We went to the first show (with the dinner package), but the wind kinda picked up and the water screens blew around a bit. My aunt wasn't too impressed (it was her first time seeing it). The shows were at 9:00 and 10:30 that night (I think) and after the first show we went to Muppets 3D and then made it back in time to walk into Fantasmic right before they were set to start and easily get a seat that was more central than the reserved seats. The wind cooperated this time and my aunt loved it. She was very glad that we saw it the second time and was able to truly appreciate it.

I don't know if there will be a second show, but if there is, I'd highly recommend it.

SpenceMan01

ogryn said:
Yes. Our view was perfectly fine :wave:

I roughly sketched out the ampitheater for you....

(Grey bit is the mountain. There are a lot more seats than those shown ;) )

Thanks for the picture! Actually, the boats go in front of the water screens (between the screens and the audience) It's a nitpicky detail, I know, but I've been watching videos and listening to the music for 2 weeks now. I've even got the theme song as a ringer on my cell phone :hammer:.

As far as seats and whatnot go, I'm sure that the reserved seats for the Dinner Package are good (there's probably not a bad seat in the house), but we got seats right in the left-center section (can't remember the character name for it). IT WAS AWESOME. We had seats in the 6th row and got misted on a bit from the water screens, but we had jackets/sweatshirts that helped. I think that Fantasmic is THE best show at WDW. Even though I had heard the soundtrack and knew roughly what was going to happen, the first time I saw it my heart was pounding and I was on the edge of my seat. Needless to say, I found it well worth the wait of about an hour.

I think that March is Spring Break time, so there might be 2 shows (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). I have heard from several places that the later show is (pretty much) never full. I'd probably recommend that one if there's two when you go.

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SHOW!

tigger248

My favorite seats are in Mickey section, front row. You do get misted in the front rows, so if it's cool, you may want to consider sitting farther back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom