Fantasmic without a fast pass?

Hey folks just wondering whats best for fantasmic? I don't think I want to use a fast pass for it or am I being silly? If I don't what time is best to head to fantasmic area to get best seat? Is fantastic a must? I def don't wanna do the dining package with it so thats def a no. Any advice is appreciated!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Any advice is appreciated!
I'm assuming that you've never seen the show before ??

Firstly, YES it is a MUST. It is an old show but its format has been updated regularly - we make sure that we see it at least once a trip.

Secondly, there aren't any bad places to watch the show in the arena, although a central position is probably the best place to sit.

A dinner package is a good way to get a guaranteed seating area - although your seat/row is not reserved and therefore you must compete with others who have the same entitlement. We did the package last year and the reserved area was almost central.
I haven't done it with a FP (and personally wouldn't use/waste one for Fantastic).

If you're not doing the dinner or FP way in then I suggest arriving AT LEAST 45 minutes before posted showtime to stand any chance of sitting towards the centre - earlier during peak times

Upvote 0

DisneyFans4Life

If you don't do a FP or a dinner package, then it's pretty tough to get a "central" seat as most of those seats are reserved for FP or dinner package guests.

Make an ADR for one of the restaurants in the dinner package (Hollywood and Vine, Brown Derby, etc) so you don't have to burn a FP for it. The dinner package is not extra...you just pay for the price of your meal and they'll give you a voucher to take to the show. This allows you to get to the show closer to show time versus 45 minutes to an hour early.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey folks just wondering whats best for fantasmic? I don't think I want to use a fast pass for it or am I being silly? If I don't what time is best to head to fantasmic area to get best seat? Is fantastic a must? I def don't wanna do the dining package with it so thats def a no. Any advice is appreciated!
If you've never been it's a must do. When are you going? Are there going to be one or 2 shows the night you plan to go?

Upvote 0

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
We have never seen it so would def like to see it. We are going on June 24th to Hollywood Studios. As far as I can see there is only one show unless that changes. I have already booked my TS for Sci-fi Resturant on that day as my sons are really keen on eating there so not sure I could force them to change to the dinner package but also know they won't be wanting to sit waiting for 45 mins !!! We will have a DAS as my son has Autism. Will I be able to use this for the show?

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
We have never seen it so would def like to see it. We are going on June 24th to Hollywood Studios. As far as I can see there is only one show unless that changes. I have already booked my TS for Sci-fi Resturant on that day as my sons are really keen on eating there so not sure I could force them to change to the dinner package but also know they won't be wanting to sit waiting for 45 mins !!! We will have a DAS as my son has Autism. Will I be able to use this for the show?
As far as the DAS yes and no They may have you wait in a quieter area but you still may have to get there super early as they count total heads not just those with a DAS

Upvote 0

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
Its looking like a long wait for us then as I have just checked and there is no dining package available for a time or restaurant that suits us!!! May have to rethink my planned Fast Passes or just deal with the wait.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

I'm assuming that you've never seen the show before ??

Firstly, YES it is a MUST. It is an old show but its format has been updated regularly - we make sure that we see it at least once a trip.

Secondly, there aren't any bad places to watch the show in the arena, although a central position is probably the best place to sit

If you're not doing the dinner or FP way in then I suggest arriving AT LEAST 45 minutes before posted showtime to stand any chance of sitting towards the centre - earlier during peak times

I agree with CH. The show is a must, at least ONCE. I would also not waste a fast pass here, but early arrivals get a better choice of seating (not necessarily right, left, or center but up close vs. higher up.) All views are good, but every time we have been seated in one of the first 10 rows down front, we have gotten somewhat wet. While this is not really a bad thing in 75-85 degrees, it doesn't do any popcorn or food items much good. Whether you are a dinner package or not, the EXIT scene is the same for everyone. Hold tightly to loved ones!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I agree with CH. The show is a must, at least ONCE. I would also not waste a fast pass here, but early arrivals get a better choice of seating (not necessarily right, left, or center but up close vs. higher up.) All views are good, but every time we have been seated in one of the first 10 rows down front, we have gotten somewhat wet. While this is not really a bad thing in 75-85 degrees, it doesn't do any popcorn or food items much good. Whether you are a dinner package or not, the EXIT scene is the same for everyone. Hold tightly to loved ones!
The DAS makes it worth a fp

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I know Id love them to do this however we are planning a morning in the resort as we would be out late the night before at Epcot. Is it good??
My ds loved it when he was younger but he was always big into SW. We went for SWW a few times and it was his idea to go in costume. You have my problem never enough time to do everything

Upvote 0

BigHero4

The show is great especially with little ones. I know it's not the same time as your trip, but our last trip in September we showed up about 10 minutes before the show and got great seats. They were about 5 rows from the water, which many folks don't think are that good, but the splashes of water we got were refreshing. Beats standing in line with small children for 45 minutes. Maybe we were just lucky though??

Upvote 0

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
My ds loved it when he was younger but he was always big into SW. We went for SWW a few times and it was his idea to go in costume. You have my problem never enough time to do everything
is jedi training worth it?? I think my son would like it however he honestly hasn't shown that much of an interest in star wars but I think if he seen it he would love it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom