Fantasmic w/o FP+

Jcott

Original Poster
I'm 28 days away from my family's first trip. This will be everyone's very first visit (me, DW, DD (6), DS (5), and DD (3)). I've been studying the boards, trends, suggestions, etc. for a while and feel like I have a good plan of action set up. Howver today, I've been thinking about Fantasmic, the show looks incredible. I don't want to drop the FP+ for TSMM (its the only one in the tier system that I could change for it.) How hard is it to get a seat for Fantasmic without a FP+. We will be in DHS on Saturday, May 10.

Rob562

How many shows are there that night?

If there are two, you could walk in 20-25 minutes before the show and still grab a decent seat.
If there's only one, then you should probably look at something closer to 45+ minutes.

Unlike during testing last year, FP+ for Fantasmic does *not* give you a dedicated seating area like Wishes or IllumiNations. All it does is guarantee you entrance into the theater, not where your seat will be.

Unless they bring back a dedicated seating section, I'd recommend not using FP+ for Fantasmic.

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm 28 days away from my family's first trip. This will be everyone's very first visit (me, DW, DD (6), DS (5), and DD (3)). I've been studying the boards, trends, suggestions, etc. for a while and feel like I have a good plan of action set up. Howver today, I've been thinking about Fantasmic, the show looks incredible. I don't want to drop the FP+ for TSMM (its the only one in the tier system that I could change for it.) How hard is it to get a seat for Fantasmic without a FP+. We will be in DHS on Saturday, May 10.
It won't be a problem.
Try to go on a day with two shows, go to the second show, and be there no later than 45 mins before the show.

MouseDreaming

We went on a day with 2 shows just a few weeks ago. Absolutely no problem getting a seat, and all area are open. Fantasmic dinner seating is first show only.

ninjaprincesst

We went to the second show on spring break and there were literally almost entire empty sections, and we were sitting right by people who came from the fastpass line

disney4life2008

Do not waste a FP+ for fantasmic! The only benefit of the reservation is that you are saved on a lot of the walking around the theater and get to sit in the middle. However, without the reservation you have to walk around the theater and if there are 2 showings - the second show will be less crowded. I have sat in nearly every part of the theater and every seat is good.

jlsHouston

I've noticed that, I can see why others are not a fan of the tiered system at DHS. Forces you to chose between RNR and TSMM.

Which originally I thought no big deal, we can do RNRC single rider. Well apparently everyone thinks a like because each day we were at HS over our spring break, the single rider line was closed due to it got as long as stand by
I think next time my touring plan will be to enter HS early and head straight to RNRC for a not so long stand by line, then start my FP rides

cw1982

Which originally I thought no big deal, we can do RNRC single rider. Well apparently everyone thinks a like because each day we were at HS over our spring break, the single rider line was closed due to it got as long as stand by
I think next time my touring plan will be to enter HS early and head straight to RNRC for a not so long stand by line, then start my FP rides

I'm deliberately using a FP+ for RnC one day and TSMM for a FP+ on another day. We have a day built into our plans to revisit HS from late morning to early afternoon to hit our favorites again, so I figured I could still FP+ both of those (although it may mean not getting to do RnC that second day unless we happen to get there before the lines are outrageous).

docdebbi

have you considered doing a fantasmic dining package? we always do, so that we do not have to waste time waiting in line or the stadium. there is assigned seat, dead center, and you need to eat anyway. you can go with cheap- hollywood and vine, moderate- mama melrose, or expensive brown derby.
you are forced to eat off times- this is how disney fills in empty times in those restaurants- but it costs nothing extra and you are assured a seat if you arrive 30 before the show.
although, i agree with other posters that at that time of the year you should get in.

horizons82

Good info here, but I'm trying to figure out the difference (if any) between FP for Fantasmic and the dinner package for Fantasmic...

FP only guarantees you entry into the show but does not guarantee you an assigned seat-correct? Up to what time can you enter with FP and still be guaranteed entry?

The dinner package guarantees you entry as well as a specific seating area-correct?

Jcott

Original Poster
I did, but the only available time is at 3:45, we're already doing SW breakfast and Sci-Fi that morning and Disney Jr. Lunch at Hollywood and Vine, it would put all of our meals close together, there are two shows that night, so I think we won't have any problems getting in.

JohnD

Good info here, but I'm trying to figure out the difference (if any) between FP for Fantasmic and the dinner package for Fantasmic...

FP only guarantees you entry into the show but does not guarantee you an assigned seat-correct? Up to what time can you enter with FP and still be guaranteed entry?

The dinner package guarantees you entry as well as a specific seating area-correct?

The dinner package is for lunch or dinner at Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose's, or Hollywood Brown Derby. There is a set price for the meal and you are given a VIP ticket for the show (if two shows then the ticket is good for the first show only.

Unlike FP+, it puts you in a VIP section in the center. (There are advantages to paying Disney extra $$).

It's a great choice for the first time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom