Fantasmic - sorry if this is old news but...

kdibattista

Original Poster
They do seem very high to me - I think it is a really, really bad idea. I just don' t understand the logic. :veryconfu

tybroid59

Okay so im a bit confused:confused:

We want to do a fantasmic dinner package in Oct. Does this news mean i dont have to wait until i get there but can pre book it over the phone.........??

We had hoped to do mgm on our first full day and then the fantasmic package.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by tybroid59
Okay so im a bit confused:confused:

We want to do a fantasmic dinner package in Oct. Does this news mean i dont have to wait until i get there but can pre book it over the phone.........??

We had hoped to do mgm on our first full day and then the fantasmic package.

Yes it looks like you can book. The only thing is with the parks closing early good riding time is going to be wasted in a Resturant, but I beleive you can do dinner early, sorta like
a late lunch.
I cant quite make my mind up, especially as I thought Mama Melroses was very poor so i begrudge paying that amount for 4th rate Italian food.

crazyquackers

Disappointing seating

All I remember from the time I had a meal with reserved seating for Fantasmic was that the reserved seating had a terrible view tucked away on the end of the amphitheatre. I resolved never to do that again...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: Disappointing seating

Originally posted by crazyquackers
All I remember from the time I had a meal with reserved seating for Fantasmic was that the reserved seating had a terrible view tucked away on the end of the amphitheatre. I resolved never to do that again...

I agree...just show up 60-90 minutes before showtime and get a great seat front and center...the show is much better from that angle. :)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Re: Re: Disappointing seating

Originally posted by Fievel

I agree...just show up 60-90 minutes before showtime and get a great seat front and center...the show is much better from that angle. :)

Thanks Gang...that is what I am going to do then...I thought I would totaly splurge for this...but now I will not....a pricey dinner package...for food that is par, at best.....and for crappy seats?...no thanks :)

DisneyBound

Thanks for the info! I was debating whether or not to get this as well. I couldnt help but notice your sig line...we will be at POR from Sept 17-22, maybe we will see you there :D

tybroid59

Re: Re: Re: Disappointing seating

Originally posted by DMC-12

Thanks Gang...that is what I am going to do then...I thought I would totaly splurge for this...but now I will not....a pricey dinner package...for food that is par, at best.....and for crappy seats?...no thanks :)

Me Too .......we'll sit and wait ...maybe ill take a turkey leg to eat while I wait .........:lol:

STGRhost

Oh, Lordy.... The logic is, basically, that they need some way of limiting the number of people who want this package. We ALWAYS book up on busy days, and it's really not THAT great a package... Then the people who got in, and it wasn't "What [they] expected", complain, and the ones who didn't get in at all complain, too... The prices aren't that high...actually, H&V is close, ands the others are a little steep, but they've finally decided to start charging for the Fant package ittself (which we've been suggesting for ages!). So, yeah, it's also about money:)

The best way to see Fantasmic? Get there an hour before, but stop at any of the quick serve counters at the end of Sunset first, and plan to make the wait your dinner time - you can bring a whole tray of food in, if you want. Also, make sure your WHOLE party is there when you go in...don't bother trying to meet up inside the amphitheatre - it will never happen, and if it's VERY busy it's possible that not everyone will even get in.

I already suggest this to most people, but there are so many who INSIST on getting the package. It's not a bad idea if you're already interested in eating at one of those restaurants, but there are better things to do with your time and money otherwise...

tybroid59

STRghost...I have def changed my mind about a package.....at last I hear you say lol

We will now take some food and snacks in to while away the hourwhile we wait ..

In a way this has probabley saved us money ...but dont tell disney:lol:

Lilo

After reading all your suggestions - now I'm totally confused. :confused: I think I'll book the Fantasmic at the BD since I never saw the show or ate at that restaurant. And what the heck about the price. That's why I work like a dog during the year so I can treat myself at Disney.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom