Fantasmic Seating Questions

dzlandSr

Original Poster
How many minutes or hours should we arrive to wait in line for the show?
Also, when you enter the seating area, do you get to sit where you want or are you directed to a certain area to sit? Wasn't sure if they tried to fill up the outer sections first, then the middle sections? or if you could pick your own seating area?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
dzlandSr said:
How many minutes or hours should we arrive to wait in line for the show?
Also, when you enter the seating area, do you get to sit where you want or are you directed to a certain area to sit? Wasn't sure if they tried to fill up the outer sections first, then the middle sections? or if you could pick your own seating area?

At least an hour before, if it is the first showing (or only showing). If you want the prime seats, you should think about getting there 90-120 mins early.

There are CMs to direct you to sections, but after that you seat yourself.

SpenceMan01

One thing I'd like to know is when you are going. The season and crowds can make recommended Fantasmic seating times range from 30 minutes to 120 and up. So.. when are you planning on going?

dzlandSr

Original Poster
We will be there between 10/22/05 and 10/30/05. We actually will be going to the studios on sunday 10/23/05.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Your arrival prior to show start is dependant on the time of year - Peak times would be about 90 minutes minimum is to guarantee centre seats. In October I would estimate 60 minutes max

dflye

While we usually get there at least 30 minutes before, on our trip in May we got there maybe 15 minutes before the start, and it was down to handicapped or standing room only at that point.

So we wandered around the back area looking to see if there really weren't any seats left (not that we could find), tried to plead our way into handicapped seats if they weren't filled when the show started (they wouldn't let us)

We were about ready to give up and head out, when we noticed that the far right hand section (closest to the entrance/exit) was mostly empty, and they were now letting people in there!

Not sure if that is a reserved section that they open up at the last minute, or what. :lookaroun

Ended up about 10 rows from the front, great view, and only a few feet away from the stroller pickup area after the show ended! :D

LongballMG

I've said it once, twice, and three times but i'll say it again...

I'm A CM in Backlands Attractions at the Studios.

For Fantasmic the waiting times are as follows: (This is exactly what I spiel to the guests and i have recieved zero complaints)

For a night with a single show:

ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For a night with two shows:

For the first show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the second show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For a night with three shows:

For the first show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the second show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the third show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For special EMH only shows:

ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

Hope this answers all questions

Michael

SpenceMan01

dflye said:
We were about ready to give up and head out, when we noticed that the far right hand section (closest to the entrance/exit) was mostly empty, and they were now letting people in there!

Not sure if that is a reserved section that they open up at the last minute, or what. :lookaroun

Sounds like they opened the Dinner Package section.

LongballMG said:
For a night with a single show:

ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

On a busy night that may be all well and good, but we were there on Thursday Jan. 6th, 2005 and we showed up 40-45 minutes before showtime and got seats down front in the left-center section. 70 minutes would have been waaay overkill. I'd say that your reccommendations are good in mid-high crowd concentration days, but for value seasons such as Jan/Feb and Thanksgiving-Mid. Dec. you don't need to be that early. When all else fails, try to judge it on how busy the park is that day.

dzlandSr said:
We will be there between 10/22/05 and 10/30/05. We actually will be going to the studios on sunday 10/23/05.
'

In your case, I'd go by LongBallMG's recommendation. The later shows are almost always less crowded. They start filling from the middle, then go out. I really don't think there is a BAD seat in the house. Some are better than others, but no bad ones IMO.

hcswingfield

SpenceMan01 said:
Sounds like they opened the Dinner Package section.

On a busy night that may be all well and good, but we were there on Thursday Jan. 6th, 2005 and we showed up 40-45 minutes before showtime and got seats down front in the left-center section. 70 minutes would have been waaay overkill. I'd say that your reccommendations are good in mid-high crowd concentration days, but for value seasons such as Jan/Feb and Thanksgiving-Mid. Dec. you don't need to be that early. When all else fails, try to judge it on how busy the park is that day.

'

In your case, I'd go by LongBallMG's recommendation. The later shows are almost always less crowded. They start filling from the middle, then go out. I really don't think there is a BAD seat in the house. Some are better than others, but no bad ones IMO.

The seats in the center section, which are filled first, are MUCH better, and well worth getting there early for. You can fill the time once you get your seats by getting dinner from the snack bar (great turkey rollups) and doing the wave. :wave:

sillyspook13

*Note*

Don't expect to get into handicapped seating unless you legitimately need it. You will be asked to move.

*Also Note*

If a section looks full try going down to the bottom half of the section. I've had nights where my section has appeared full and I've still seated a hundred or more people.

dzlandSr

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments!:) I would probably want to sit as close to the middle, if not the middle section, as I can get, so I'll line up early. I've noticed that on the day I'm going (10-23-05) they changed the hours of operation from 9-7:30pm to 9-9pm and also added a second showing of Fantasmic! Very cool.....:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom