Fantasmic Reopening Watch

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There will be a new sequence

Moana Oar and Genie lamp in the artwork. Not a fan of the Friend Like Me segment in Disneyland's 2.0, so we will see..

Anything but "suddenly... Colonialists!!".

It chipped away at my IQ every time I experienced it.

Wait... wha..?

So... sometimes wishes *do* come true...

ChristianG

The bubble segment is the bigger offender imo, in terms of slowness.

However hopefully the segment that replaces Pocahontas is full of action and stunts. Also incorporate the classic canon somehow!!
True. I often forget about the bubble segment because I usually lose consciousness at that point. I love our version of the show, but god does it slow down in the middle.

ToTBellHop

True. I often forget about the bubble segment because I usually lose consciousness at that point. I love our version of the show, but god does it slow down in the middle.
They set that time aside in the middle for the real fans to ride Tower of Terror. Times out perfectly—leave after Lion King and I’m back in time for, “slave in the Magic Mirror…”

Surferboy567

Man, I kinda like the bubble segment maybe it’s because I’m nostalgic for it. That Pocahontas segment can go though. Never really was the biggest fan of it. It’s serviceable but another segment could be much better.

I’m just happy that with all the investment going into this show. We can hopefully expect it to stick around for a long time. I don’t want Fantasmic to go anywhere. Like I said one of my favorite nighttime shows. I haven’t decided if it’s my favorite but it’s definitely up there.

Surferboy567

I'm one of few that will be sad to see the Pocahontas segment go. It's basically that film's only representation in WDW, and will likely be replaced by IPs found in countless places.
That’s a fair criticism to have. It’s also worth noting I don’t really have a connection to Pocahontas as a film anyways. I don’t dislike it, but don’t really have a connection.

Aladdin on the other hand I have a very strong connection to being one of my favorite classic Disney movies. Yeah, it’s used a lot but I don’t mind.

Surferboy567

Well, do you like the new Disneyland show?
I do, their are some weird “Mickey grunts” in there the best way I can describe it but I think it’s a very nice upgrade.

I don’t hate the grunts it is just sometimes odd. I imagine though the HWS one is going to be similar but slightly different. Love the projection mapping.

ToTBellHop

I do, their are some weird “Mickey grunts” in there the best way I can describe it but I think it’s a very nice upgrade.

I don’t hate the grunts it is just sometimes odd. I imagine though the HWS one is going to be similar but slightly different. Love the projection mapping.
It won’t be a carbon copy but it will have a similar feel. There are certain scenes iconic to the DL show that they have kept over the years (e.g. “Pink Elephants on Parade”) just like ours will do the same.

People will still say the Mark Twain is more impressive. I’m more curious to see how our new scene compares with Pirates on the Columbia.

Surferboy567

It won’t be a carbon copy but it will have a similar feel. There are certain scenes iconic to the DL show that they have kept over the years (e.g. “Pink Elephants on Parade”) just like ours will do the same.
That’s great to hear. Have you heard anything about any improvements to our dragon?

IMDREW

People will still say the Mark Twain is more impressive. I’m more curious to see how our new scene compares with Pirates on the Columbia.
Worst mistake of the redo changing Peter Pan to Pirates. The rest is great imo.

Movielover

No but I’m sure it will be a new puppet. Could still look the same though.

Just don’t mess with Mickey’s intro in the beginning. He should appear when he has always appeared, not any earlier.
Just hope they don't mess up the pyro at the end like they did with Disneyland 2.0, WDW pyro always felt grander than what they did with DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom