Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Richie248

So curious is Dining Packages will return, there is ZERO availability for any of the Studios restaurants during my early December visit. I'm usually able to find something. Wondering if they are holding back inventory for dining packages or it's truly more busy than I think it's going to be!? Probably the latter....

jrhwdw

1) This isn't the park map, which DID remove Fant theater
2) Disney never removed Fant from the digital map (although they have had various pieces of art during the closure)

There is nothing new or changed in the screenshot in the tweet. This person simply doesn't know what they're talking about
I'm thinking DHS won't get a new Guidemap until F! returns?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1) This isn't the park map, which DID remove Fant theater
2) Disney never removed Fant from the digital map (although they have had various pieces of art during the closure)

There is nothing new or changed in the screenshot in the tweet. This person simply doesn't know what they're talking about
Stuff like this will start to give Twitter a bad reputation!

kevlightyear

Can confirm. My records show the theater was never removed from the digital map.

That being said, the theater on the digital map was updated in Dec of 2020 to this:

F! Theater 162.jpeg

Then in April of 2021, that change was undone, reverting the design to what it was previously (which is what we see today):

F! Theater 166.jpeg

At no time did I notice it leave the digital map entirely, though.

ceecee101

We really don't need to be looking for hope from maps etc. Everything is going fine and Fant is going to be back very soon.
Besides coming here to check should those of us who will be looking to pounce on a dinner package and have trips in a few weeks be checking MDE every day?

DisneyfanMA

Can confirm. My records show the theater was never removed from the digital map.

That being said, the theater on the digital map was updated in Dec of 2020 to this:

View attachment 673366

Then in April of 2021, that change was undone, reverting the design to what it was previously (which is what we see today):

View attachment 673370

At no time did I notice it leave the digital map entirely, though.

If we're voting on the map icon, the top one is prettier looking

DCBaker

Premium Member
Fantasmic! will reopen November 3rd.

Information on dining packages -

"And don’t miss out! Beginning Oct. 26, “Fantasmic!” dining packages for select restaurants at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be available for performances Nov. 30 and beyond."

jrhwdw

gerarar

Premium Member
New scene will contain Aladdin, Elsa, Pocahontas, Moana, and Mulan.
Also glad they're using "Show Yourself" instead of "Let It Go" or "Into The Unknown"..

And spectacular it is. The new heroes sequence features a high-energy Aladdin chase with stunts never before seen on the “Fantasmic!” stage, a powerful scene with Elsa set to the song “Show Yourself” that is sure to thaw the most frozen of hearts, and stirring moments with Pocahontas, Moana and Mulan. Fun fact: To help choreograph the authentic Chinese martial arts you’ll see in Mulan’s scene, the creative team brought in Mimi Chan – the original muse and model animators used when bringing the character of Mulan to life for the 1998 animated film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom