Fantasmic! Refurbishment

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
from Operations FLASH:

The Fantasmic! show at Disney-MGM Studios will not operate January 26-30, 2004 due to refurbishment.

IOAfan2219

Whoa. Thanks for posting this because I am in Orlando right now. I'm going to the Studios on Saturday and Fantasmic! was one of the main reasons I wanted to go.

Thankfully, I'm going on the 24th. :D

CAPTAIN HOOK

I know that routine work needs to be done, but Fantasmic is so popular that its closing (even for 4-5 days) is going to make an awful lot of people unhappy.

goonsquads57

I've gotta ask... I saw Fantasmic 4 or 5 years ago and thought it was great. I saw it again this past December and found myself fairly un-impressed. Did something about/in the show change drastically between, say, 1998 and this past December? I took my sister along this year and really talked up Fantasmic only to have it turn out to be very anti-climactic. Maybe I was just overwhelmed back in '98, but she wasn't overly impressed either.

NashvilleMouse

I hear that the show has a lot of things go wrong with it. For example, the "shooting arrow" in the Pocahantas scene didn't work right one time I saw it and I heard that sometimes the dragon doesn't come up because there is/was a glitch.

JBoogie

When I was there in September, the dragon didn't work one night. It cut about 10 minutes of the show out because it wasn't working. Malificient didn't come out or anything. It took us awhile to realize that it was so short and notice the dragon missing (the last time we were there was 2000) and one of the cast members told us it broke down. Thankfully though, it wasn't broken down for the whole trip. They got it up and running, and we got to see the show in its entirety.

AndyP

Does Fantasmic! operate nightly all year (apart from refuribishment and early closing times) or is it like Spectromagic and only on a few nights during low seasons ?

Matterbuggy

Originally posted by AndyPretty
Does Fantasmic! operate nightly all year (apart from refuribishment and early closing times) or is it like Spectromagic and only on a few nights during low seasons ?

This is the January schedule-

January 1 -- 6:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. & 10 p.m.
January 2-3 -- 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
January 4-24 -- 7 p.m.
January 25-January 30 -- closed for rehab
January 31 -- 7 p.m.

So as you see, it is nightly, unless there is a reason for it to change.

AndyP

Originally posted by Matterbuggy
This is the January schedule-

January 1 -- 6:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. & 10 p.m.
January 2-3 -- 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
January 4-24 -- 7 p.m.
January 25-January 30 -- closed for rehab
January 31 -- 7 p.m.

So as you see, it is nightly, unless there is a reason for it to change.

Most appreiciated :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom