fantasmic package

simon71

Original Poster
which would you say is better mama melrose or hollywood and vine for fantasmic. i dont really like the look of the hollywood brown derby menu i would appreciate any feedback. thank you

Betsyboo

We did this last week and had Mamas. We enjoyed it. Our food was good, service was excellent. Seating received at the theater is well worth getting the package. Center Mickey section.

An appetizer was included with our meal. There has been some wishy washy debate over that.

The package included: Appetizer (one each) , choice of Entrée (one each) and a shared dessert. Not sure how the shared dessert works with more than two people. Dessert wasn't my favorite but all together it was a lot of food.

I've heard good things about HBD, especially the Cobb Salad.

dennis woodard

We did this last week and had Mamas. We enjoyed it. Our food was good, service was excellent. Seating received at the theater is well worth getting the package. Center Mickey section.

An appetizer was included with our meal. There has been some wishy washy debate over that.

The package included: Appetizer (one each) , choice of Entrée (one each) and a shared dessert. Not sure how the shared dessert works with more than two people. Dessert wasn't my favorite but all together it was a lot of food.

I've heard good things about HBD, especially the Cobb Salad.

so for the seating i was told you you have yo arrive 30-45 mins prior to the show,do u just go to your reserve section or do you still have to wait in line ?

Betsyboo

so for the seating i was told you you have yo arrive 30-45 mins prior to the show,do u just go to your reserve section or do you still have to wait in line ?

We did arrive about 45 minutes prior to the show. I wouldn't do anything less than about 20 minutes prior to as even though we had the center section as part of the package it did get crowded and by show time it was full. You enter the theater through a different entrance when you use the package or FPP so there isn't any line. They'll direct you to the Mickey section. We were able to get the middle of the row about 3/4 of the way up and really could have had any seat in the section.

I can see how this place would fill up in the summer. In my opinion the package is the way to go to ensure a seat and a good view.

sissa216

Mama Melrose's for me- H&V just isn't one of my favorite restaurants. Breakfast and lunch are worth it for the characters if you want to see them- but dinner (when Fantasmic package is offered) just isn't a draw for me. The food is decent, but theming is a huge part of Disney dining for me- and personally, Mama Melrose's wins in both food and atmosphere.

simon71

Original Poster
Just abit concerned about mama melrose as its an italian restaurant and my wife cant eat cheese. Do most of the meals there include cheese?

HouCuseChickie

Just abit concerned about mama melrose as its an italian restaurant and my wife cant eat cheese. Do most of the meals there include cheese?

We did Mama Melrose for the F! pkg back in 2010. I know DH and I each got the steak. Ultimately, when you book the ADR - you'll probably want to click off dairy under the allergy section. They're really great with food allergies and other dietary issues.

mammaminnie

Both my son and I cannot eat Gluten, but we still eat at Mama Melrose. Disney is amazing about accommodating dietary restrictions!

LucyK

We had amazing food and great service at Mama last year and will be doing it again this trip.

I used a DDP credit to pay for it, great deal if you are on the regular DDP since you basically get the app for free. We didn't share desserts though, maybe this is new? Great amount of food too, left about half of my food untouched.

Betsyboo

What is the advantage over a FP+? Is seating different?
My understanding of the FP+ is that it's only a guarantee that you'll be allowed to enter the theater. You aren't assigned a specific section. You do enter through a separate entrance, along with the F! package. I did see some using the FP+ but from what I've read, unless you are going on a busy night that doesn't have two shows it's not really worth using.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My understanding of the FP+ is that it's only a guarantee that you'll be allowed to enter the theater. You aren't assigned a specific section. You do enter through a separate entrance, along with the F! package. I did see some using the FP+ but from what I've read, unless you are going on a busy night that doesn't have two shows it's not really worth using.

When I went down to see my son in April 2012, spring break over, Easter Sunday 7 days prior to my arrival, there were 2 Fantasmics and both lines were formed and a good chunk of the way down Sunset, almost 2 hours prior. I'm Meh on Fantasmic, I like it, don't love it, but not standing in any 2 hour line. I have that line in the sand for my Disney Fandom.

patch553

we chose mama melrose', cant fault the food,weve eaten there a few times this time we both had meatballs which was awesome,but previously weve had the pizzas which are great too. we ran a little late for fantasmic but even tho we arrived about 10 mins before it started we still had a great view from the reserved seating in the mickey section

Betsyboo

When I went down to see my son in April 2012, spring break over, Easter Sunday 7 days prior to my arrival, there were 2 Fantasmics and both lines were formed and a good chunk of the way down Sunset, almost 2 hours prior. I'm Meh on Fantasmic, I like it, don't love it, but not standing in any 2 hour line. I have that line in the sand for my Disney Fandom.
That example is good for those going at that time of the year. FP+ might be worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom