Fantasmic mountain lift....

mm52200

Original Poster
So I hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT, I saw Fantasmic twice this week and the mountain lift for Sorcerer Mickey during the finale was not working on Wednesday November 26 or Saturday November 29. Mickey was at the bottom of the mountain the whole time during the finale. This is really disapointing because the whole show was in really great shape...except for that part. It's also frustrating because this happened only three years ago, so it's disappointing that it's already broken again. Anyone have more info on this possibly?

disneyfan6

I did see the show, a year ago (It's long ago), but I did notice Mickey at the bottom of the mountain, I'm sure it's hard for them to continually keep it up and running due to the only nighttime entertainment in DHS, and Disney adding more shows to day to day line-ups must only make it worse.

Bolt

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT, I saw Fantasmic twice this week and the mountain lift for Sorcerer Mickey during the finale was not working on Wednesday November 26 or Saturday November 29. Mickey was at the bottom of the mountain the whole time during the finale. This is really disapointing because the whole show was in really great shape...except for that part. It's also frustrating because this happened only three years ago, so it's disappointing that it's already broken again. Anyone have more info on this possibly?
It must be a one off thing. It was fine two weeks ago?

rangerbob

How hard can it be to keep a modified elevator going. They have them in regular office buildings that gets used daily for 8-12 hours per day with very little downtime. They should be able to keep this running with only a 2-3 times a day usage.

punkabella

It was working when we went to see it Nov. 16th/17th. We loved using the fantasmic dining experience this go around for great center seats. Mickey actually looked like Mickey up close instead of a dot as I've seen before in the way back bleachers.

Voxel

President of Progress City
How hard can it be to keep a modified elevator going. They have them in regular office buildings that gets used daily for 8-12 hours per day with very little downtime. They should be able to keep this running with only a 2-3 times a day usage.
You obviously don't work in my office building. You ride the elevator at your own risk, been stuck twice in the last year.

ToTBellHop

It was given a cheap bandaid fix to begin with years ago.
I'm picturing a dumb waiter pulley system haha. Or the Mission:SPACE ladder. But,as we have seen, that ladder is now used on the Main Street bypass, so that would explain this.

janoimagine

I did see the show, a year ago (It's long ago), but I did notice Mickey at the bottom of the mountain, I'm sure it's hard for them to continually keep it up and running due to the only nighttime entertainment in DHS, and Disney adding more shows to day to day line-ups must only make it worse.
Considering what they charge for a daily ticket for the park, not to mention the revenue from merchandise, and food and beverage ... and considering probably 50% if not more of their hourly workers for the park are from College Programs (sadly) making minimum wage or below, their is no excuse for items like this in headlining entertainment not to be working consistently, period.

Voxel

Considering what they charge for a daily ticket for the park, not to mention the revenue from merchandise, and food and beverage ... and considering probably 50% if not more of their hourly workers for the park are from College Programs (sadly) making minimum wage or below, their is no excuse for items like this in headlining entertainment not to be working consistently, period.
Considering there are new OSHA rules effecting other areas of the park, I am curious is something is effecting this. What were the weather condition for the performance where Mickey is on the ground? Their might be a coloration.

Tinkrbell

Considering there are new OSHA rules effecting other areas of the park, I am curious is something is effecting this. What were the weather condition for the performance where Mickey is on the ground? Their might be a coloration.
The weather hasn't been a factor in the lift being out of order recently. I don't know anything more than that they've been working on the lift since the week before Thanksgiving.

Voxel

The weather hasn't been a factor in the lift being out of order recently. I don't know anything more than that they've been working on the lift since the week before Thanksgiving.
I wonder if new OSHA standard are bringing about changes. I wouldn't be surprised the lift doesn't meet OSHA standards in some regards

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Theatrical lifts in an indoor environment can be temperamental at times. Now take that system and move it outdoors, and to the top of a high structure. I understand we all want everything 100% all the time but sometimes it's not possible.

I reserve judgement to see how long this is down.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Other than rain earlier in the week, the weather last week was PERFECT. So weather wouldn't have been a factor from Wednesday on....if you ignore the evening snow. ;)

mm52200

Original Poster
As long they're working on it. I had gotten the impression it was pretty hard for them to work on the lift without taking it out so hopefully they can get fixed quickly.

Jones14

Good news! I just got out of the show and all lifts (beginning, steamboat, top of mountain, and bottom of mountain) were working! There were yellow, green, and purple motion lights positioned around the dragon that help disguise that it's a head on a stick. Also, and this is old news by now, but I can't express enough just how beautiful the LED's on the princess floats are. They're just stunning. Overall, the show looks great, but the sooner the films on water screens are updated to HD, the better. They're looking a bit rough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom