Fantasmic in January...

PirateJessica20

Original Poster
It is my first time going to WDW in January, I am going the first week of the month. I am planning on seeing Fantasmic at 8 on January 3. We have AR's at The Hollywood Brown Derby (without the Fantasmic Dinner package) & I was wondering when should I get there to be one of the first in line to enter the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater? I know the amphitheater opens for seating 90 minutes prior to show time, and we plan on stopping by Sweet Spells (to buy those amazing rice krispies) before the show. So when should I leave to get in line, right after we finish up at The Hollywood Brown Derby? How crowded is WDW the first went of January?

natalia1681

I will be there the same night! We will be arriving in Disney that day and are planning to go to Fantasmic that night!
I would say that there may still be some slight crowds left over from the holidays, so after dinner and getting your rice krispie treats, I would go on over to Fantasmic roughly and hour or so before it begins. At least, that's when we are planning to arrive there!:wave: Hope that you have a great trip!

PirateJessica20

Original Poster
I will be there the same night! We will be arriving in Disney that day and are planning to go to Fantasmic that night!
I would say that there may still be some slight crowds left over from the holidays, so after dinner and getting your rice krispie treats, I would go on over to Fantasmic roughly and hour or so before it begins. At least, that's when we are planning to arrive there!:wave: Hope that you have a great trip!

Thanks a lot!!

Hope you have a great trip as well.

& happy birthday, I know I'm a month or so too early but I probably won't be able to tell you on the actual day lol.

mrtoad

We went this year the 2nd week of Jan and went about 40 min early but really did not need to. Could have waited longer but not sure how much longer to be honest. It was about a 1/3 full when we got there.

natalia1681

Thanks a lot!!

Hope you have a great trip as well.

& happy birthday, I know I'm a month or so too early but I probably won't be able to tell you on the actual day lol.
Thanks alot!
After thinking about it some more, if there is a show at 6:30 and then another at 8, it will take a bit to clear out the 6:30 show crowds. I may pop over about 7:20 or so. Have a great trip! Maybe I'll *see* you there!:wave:

mrtoad

Thanks alot!
After thinking about it some more, if there is a show at 6:30 and then another at 8, it will take a bit to clear out the 6:30 show crowds. I may pop over about 7:20 or so. Have a great trip! Maybe I'll *see* you there!:wave:

I think there is only one showing, not two.

mrtoad

That is good news. I might decide to move up to the earlier show to avoid the super long bus lines after the later show. My daughter is 6 and long bus lines after a long day make for a cranky kid...

Thanks for the info.

Hey friend!
I checked again and this is what is on the Disney website:

Parades and Fireworks
Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade

3:00pm

Fantasmic!

6:30pm, 8:00pm

I think that they may have recently added the second show. I was surprised that there will be two shows that night, as I didn't think it would be so crowded to warrant 2 shows. :wave:

sknydave

I always hit up the later show of Fantasmic because I enjoy having the show as the grand finale of my day at MGM.

natalia1681

That is good news. I might decide to move up to the earlier show to avoid the super long bus lines after the later show. My daughter is 6 and long bus lines after a long day make for a cranky kid...

Thanks for the info.
I can see how that could get a bit ugly:lol: I'll be 26 and I know that I get cranky and teary-eyed when I see the long lines! I think that most nights that week have the two shows, one at 6:30 and one at 8:00!
Have a great trip!:wave:

mrtoad

I can see how that could get a bit ugly:lol: I'll be 26 and I know that I get cranky and teary-eyed when I see the long lines! I think that most nights that week have the two shows, one at 6:30 and one at 8:00!
Have a great trip!:wave:

Thanks, you too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom