Fantasmic has been downed for the evening

drew81

Original Poster
Both shows of Fantasmic have been cancelled for the evening. The show is having "technical difficulties" and won't be shown because of it.

Not sure how long these technical difficulties will last. It doesn't sound good.

drew81

Original Poster
As of right now-

There are issues with the pyro. Management wanted to run the show without any pyro:hammer: That idea was not approved by the Fantasmic staff and the first show has been cancelled.

I've heard the second might be performed, but it's unlikely and will be be cancelled.

DDPGambit

Does it have anything to do with the rain? There's not any lightning so far but I didn't know if rain would affect the show. Also, as of an hour or so ago the second show has been cancelled.

Jakester

I would say the rain allday has made the stage unsafe for performers to be on, So they're using Technical Difficulties as a excuse to not say the real reason.
The rain has been bad today, and I live 40minutes from WDW.

mm52200

I would say the rain allday has made the stage unsafe for performers to be on, So they're using Technical Difficulties as a excuse to not say the real reason.
The rain has been bad today, and I live 40minutes from WDW.

I don't know too much but I think it's actually something to do with pyro. They will usually wait until the last minute to cancel F! or any show because of rain. You could be sitting in the ampitheatre waiting for it in the rain and they still won't make a decision. So I doubt they are using technical difficulties as an excuse for the rain.

Jakester

I don't know too much but I think it's actually something to do with pyro. They will usually wait until the last minute to cancel F! or any show because of rain. You could be sitting in the ampitheatre waiting for it in the rain and they still won't make a decision. So I doubt they are using technical difficulties as an excuse for the rain.

I was just sayin, The Orlando Area had some bad storms today, and maybe the stage is unsafe to do a proper performance of Fantasmic and they canceled it, and decided instead of making people wait 2hours, they could say its canceled now.

I remember the weekend after the 40th, Magic Kingdom had some pretty bad rain, and I asked a CM earlier in the day, and they said they've already decided that the MSEP wasn't going to perform, 4hours before it was scheduled to perform.

Pioneer Hall

I was just sayin, The Orlando Area had some bad storms today, and maybe the stage is unsafe to do a proper performance of Fantasmic and they canceled it, and decided instead of making people wait 2hours, they could say its canceled now.

I remember the weekend after the 40th, Magic Kingdom had some pretty bad rain, and I asked a CM earlier in the day, and they said they've already decided that the MSEP wasn't going to perform, 4hours before it was scheduled to perform.

I was in the park when an announcement was made (at about 630) that the show was being cancelled due to technical difficulties. If it was cancelled for the weather, they would have said that as they normally do in that situation. I don't have any information of what the technical issues are, but hopefully they have it all cleared up soon.

Jakester

I was in the park when an announcement was made (at about 630) that the show was being cancelled due to technical difficulties. If it was cancelled for the weather, they would have said that as they normally do in that situation. I don't have any information of what the technical issues are, but hopefully they have it all cleared up soon.

Was just giving my opinion, I was going to go to MK today, but because of the weather, I decided to just postpone my trip until Monday when I planned on going (I vist MK almost once a week, I go there more than the other 3parks)

hollywoodj

When I watched the second show on Sunday night it had some serious issues. The pyro at the end didn't even happen. It was quite a disappointing show.

Several elements weren't working when I saw the show last month. When will they finally commit to giving the show either a complete overhaul or a re-do?

Jakester

When I saw this show a couple weeks ago, It seemed to be just fine to me. It was also the 1st time I had seen the show since Early September 2011

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom