News Fantasmic Float Missing

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
Twice this week the float with Belle and Beast has been missing. I don’t know if this is permanent or not but seems really odd. Especially since there is a backup float backstage that is to be used for faulty floats.

cjkeating

Did Belle/Beast appear on Steamboat Willie at the end?

I don't think it is that unusual for a float or canoe to be missing.

esskay

I know one went missing a while back - they somehow crashed one into the wall when we were there last year, then stalled in the middle of the lake for ages.

mm52200

Pretty sure there isn’t a back up barge, but unfortunately things happen sometimes. If Belle and Beast were on the steamboat at the end then it was probably a problem with a barge. If one of those two were missing from the steamboat, then they won’t send out their barge missing one of the two characters.

peter11435

Twice this week the float with Belle and Beast has been missing. I don’t know if this is permanent or not but seems really odd. Especially since there is a backup float backstage that is to be used for faulty floats.
I’m pretty sure they only have the three barges. No backup.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
They can be pulled from show for something as simple as a costuming issue. Performers in this show have ALOT of quick changes and it’s completely possible that something happened and they couldn’t make onto the barge.

YodaMan

So what happens during their romance segment? Is there a contingency, like a mist screen projection showing them dancing for example?

If they know in time that a barge won't make it out, they simply change the lighting. Under normal show conditions, each individual barge is lit up during each individual segment (Little Mermaid barge is lit up during "Part of Your World," Snow White barge is lit up during "Some Day My Prince Will Come," etc). If only two of the barges make it out, then both barges are lit throughout the entirety of the segment so as to not draw attention to the fact that there should be a third barge.

~Tinkerbell~

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I was searching to see whether there was any recent news on Fantasmic!, and this thread most matched what I witnessed! I've just got back from 2 weeks at WDW (sob!), and we caught Fantasmic! twice over that time. Each time, Snow White's float was missing. I was sure I remembered her being there to go along with her section of music from when I was last in the world, but as my last trip was over a decade ago, I thought I'd do a search to check, and came across this thread.

Has this been normal over the past couple of years for floats to be missing?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I was searching to see whether there was any recent news on Fantasmic!, and this thread most matched what I witnessed! I've just got back from 2 weeks at WDW (sob!), and we caught Fantasmic! twice over that time. Each time, Snow White's float was missing. I was sure I remembered her being there to go along with her section of music from when I was last in the world, but as my last trip was over a decade ago, I thought I'd do a search to check, and came across this thread.
Maybe ask the OCSO if they've heard anything...

HayHod

Watched Fantasmic in July and the Snow White/monkey barge was missing from the line up.
The music played as usual and the Belle & Ariel barges went dark as usual and the show continued just minus the third barge.
Snow White was however on the boat at the end with all the other characters, which would point to a barge issue.

RSoxNo1

FWIW, @Disnerd2003 mentioned something about this in the thread that has since been justifiably closed.

Edit, link and quote: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/insider-info-ama-on-wdws-50th-ann.960847/page-65#post-8945465

What's going on with Fantasmic? After seeing what Disneyland could do with the show, it's kinda long overdue for an upgrade over here, not only that but where is Snow White? Her barge has been MIA for the entire year.
Yeah. We know about this and submitted a request for the funds but it never went through. It was declined. Snow Whire's barge almost sank early on this year during a show and we were told it isn't being rebuilt as the funds are going elsewhere.

gerarar

Premium Member
As an avid fan/watcher of Fantasmic!, it's been missing for a very very long time, as pointed out by others above this post.

Many other things have also become mia in the past year. Some examples that come to mind are:
  • the new lasers on left and right side aren't working anymore. At least the middle one's still working.
  • one of the men climbing the mountain (that gets shot and falls) is gone. Used to be two of 'em, but now just one remains. So the one remaining one acts like he gets hit on the first shot, then actually falls on the second.
  • John Smith used to not swing for like the longest time, but this was finally fixed recently it seems, thank goodness.
  • less pyro launches being used (but this is expected, especially around this time of year)
Honestly, my guess is just that Disney doesn't have a sponsor for the show anymore (PopSecret!), so there's really no extra budget to fix some of these things currently. The one giveaway I noticed a couple months back is that all the pre- and post-show announcements have all been modified to omit the previous sponsor, PopSecret!..

Hope we can get Snow White back tho! It's not like they cut her or anything. She's just sitting backstage during the princess segment when she should be out there!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom