Fantasmic Filling To Capacity?

bamboo7

Original Poster
Ok, here is what is going on. My best friend and his family are going to WDW for a wedding in the wedding pavilion, and have a few days to explore the parks. i am making them a list of attractions they should definetly hit. i am telling them to go to fantasmic on night. the thing is, i don't see how it would be possable to get this family to wait there an hour in advance for seating. they are just too impatient/late-to-everything. so since it has only been playing once a night, has fantasmic been filling to capacity, or if domeone showed up at 9 (when it starts) would they be able to get some kind of seat??

Thanks for any input.

bearboysnc

at MGM, if you make dinner reservations for 4 or 5 pm... you get a special pass which allows you to get priority seating at fantasmic... you meet a CM at the front gate area (near the "gas station") and you get to go in :30 minutes before the show... which sure beats waiting in line for a couple of hours for descent seats... we ate at the buffet place which is near the lagoon and it was like $12 for all you can eat, which is probably the best deal in the park on top of it... hope this helps somebody..

mousefan17

If they showed up at 9:00 there would be absolutley no sitting room available.

I was at Disney last week... (very sad that my vacation is over!:( ) and we went to MGM on Wednesday. It was about 7:50 and we were way over at start tours. My mom hadnt gone on the ride and.. as usual, she had been talking to a cast member. She said that we better hurry up because it was already standing room only !! One hour before it was suppose to start. By the time the 6 of us got over there, as soon as you walk in to your left, that "standing room only" area was full.

Thankfully, we were able to get in the front row on the other side. Arriving at nine with one or two people, thats definatley cutting it close. Arriving 20 minutes before it starts with a family, no way!

Hope that helps!

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by mousefan17
If they showed up at 9:00 there would be absolutley no sitting room available.

I was at Disney last week... (very sad that my vacation is over!:( ) and we went to MGM on Wednesday. It was about 7:50 and we were way over at start tours. My mom hadnt gone on the ride and.. as usual, she had been talking to a cast member. She said that we better hurry up because it was already standing room only !! One hour before it was suppose to start. By the time the 6 of us got over there, as soon as you walk in to your left, that "standing room only" area was full.

Thankfully, we were able to get in the front row on the other side. Arriving at nine with one or two people, thats definatley cutting it close. Arriving 20 minutes before it starts with a family, no way!

Hope that helps!

yea, thanks.

bearboysnc

yea, i know about that. it just isn't an option in this situation.

If they aren't willing to stand in line for something, then you shouldn't be dissapointed they don't get to see it.

If NOT waiting was an option... then why would anyone wait?

Kellylynn322

Originally posted by X-STech
Where are the priority seats? Are they the first row?

When I was there in October there were the right side section of the theatre. They are not bad seats just off to the side. Well worth it if you have kids or impatient people.

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by bearboysnc

If they aren't willing to stand in line for something, then you shouldn't be dissapointed they don't get to see it.

If NOT waiting was an option... then why would anyone wait?

its not that they won't be willing to wait in line, they are just a family with ABSOULTLY no concept of time. at all. they'll get to fantasmic at 7:55 and say 'we still have 5 minutes before dan told us that we have to be here. thats plenty of time to go on rock and rollercoaster again. lets just get in line for that, then we'll get in line for fantasmic.

Becky

:) Fantasmic is one of the few things I would stand in line a couple of hours for. I have seen it three times and plan to do so a couple more times in December. I do think I will do the diner thing this time so I only wait a half hour.:D :sohappy: :sohappy:

bearboysnc

That was actually someelses post in another thread... But there are a couple restaurants to choose from. I think the buffet that quote is referring to Hollywood & Dine.

FutureCEO

thats the only reason i hate about fantasmic... you have to wait 2 hours before the show starts....last time i went was in the Summer of 2000 before the economic died.

gjpjtj

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at MGM, if you make dinner reservations for 4 or 5 pm... you get a special pass which allows you to get priority seating at fantasmic... you meet a CM at the front gate area (near the "gas station") and you get to go in :30 minutes before the show... which sure beats waiting in line for a couple of hours for descent seats... we ate at the buffet place which is near the lagoon and it was like $12 for all you can eat, which is probably the best deal in the park on top of it... hope this helps somebody..

I understand this was from another thread, however does anyone have more info on this? Do you need to call far in advance for these reservations? Which restarurants offer this?:confused:

TURKEY

Originally posted by gjpjtj
quote:

I understand this was from another thread, however does anyone have more info on this? Do you need to call far in advance for these reservations? Which restarurants offer this?:confused:

The Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, and Hollywood and Vine offer the package.

I think you have to make reservations the day of show now.

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy

I think you have to make reservations the day of show now.

i might be wrong, in fact i am flat out not sure, but i thought that you could make reservations as far in advance as you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom