News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

jrhwdw

Hopefully means new nighttime parade for MK, new DAK nighttime show and daytime parade at DHS? Wouldn’t mind if entertainment also returns like Main Street Trolley Show and Citizens of Hollywood. Try and get the overall entertainment back to pre covid standards. Even if FOF continues to limp.
We got close last year.........

Starship824

In the Parks
No
WJ and it's Low Pyro Package!

If B Mode works at DL, it can work at DHS!
Also it fits the Studios theme by celebrating the studio. I know " The wonderful world of animation" it's supposed to celebrate the studio but it doesn't do it very well because in my opinion that show is bad and I Wondrous Journeys is incredible. The wondrous projections team should be able to retrofit it to the Chinese theater pretty easily since they already had to retrofit it for a bunch of different other surfaces in Disneyland as the original show was made for the castle first and then changed to match MSUSA, IASW, and ROA.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
One of the main barriers to MK not having a night parade has been a reluctance from an operations standpoint to deal with the crowds in the hub and Main Street.
So has anything changed in that regard? Also, I would assume one of the arguments being used to justify green lighting a parade is that Disneyland does it all the time so what's Walt Disney World's excuse

yensidtlaw1969

So has anything changed in that regard? Also, I would assume one of the arguments being used to justify green lighting a parade is that Disneyland does it all the time so what's Walt Disney World's excuse
WDW is pretty content to do things differently than Disneyland, in many regards.

I think Disney’s interest in beefing up their 2025 offerings quickly is what’s most likely to drive a new Night Parade.

gerarar

Premium Member
At least two nights in a row now without fire at the late-night showing of Fantasmic! I'm not sure if it happened at the early show. Does anyone know if this B-mode is just due to technical issues on concurrent nights, or if this is possibly a cost savings measure? Hollywood Hills Ampitheater has been less than half-full at best each of the past two nights for the late show.

Fire in the lagoon has finally returned tonight, just in time for Hollywood Studios's 35th birthday! 🔥
1000011506.jpg

1000011507.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Walt Disney World website, the parade time changes above will remain through May 25, 2024.

Beginning May 26, the Festival of Fantasy Parade returns to 2 showings daily at 12pm and 3pm, through at least June 1.

Also beginning May 26, Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will move back to two performances at 5:10pm and 6:25pm, through at least June 1.

It appears the regular schedule as seen above will only last 7 days.

As of June 2, 2024 the performance times change again:

Festival of Fantasy Parade will have one performance at 3pm, through at least June 29.

Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will shift to two performances in the morning at 10:30am and 11:45am, through at least June 29.

Squishy

It appears the regular schedule as seen above will only last 7 days.

As of June 2, 2024 the performance times change again:

Festival of Fantasy Parade will have one performance at 3pm, through at least June 29.

Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will shift to two performances in the morning at 10:30am and 11:45am, through at least June 29.
Hopefully they're able to do some maintenance but I doubt it. The Beauty & the beast unit along with the Monstro unit has been squeaking for the past few months pretty noticeably & the head tilt on the dragon has been broken for a while now.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Hopefully they're able to do some maintenance but I doubt it. The Beauty & the beast unit along with the Monstro unit has been squeaking for the past few months pretty noticeably & the head tilt on the dragon has been broken for a while now.

Makes sense since those are the oldest floats.

TTA94

🤦‍♂️. Them not wanting to fix FoF and being content with the way it currently is should probably scare us for a night parade. It could be justified if there were plans to replace FoF, but there isn’t.

Disone

🤦‍♂️. Them not wanting to fix FoF and being content with the way it currently is should probably scare us for a night parade. It could be justified if there were plans to replace FoF, but there isn’t.
Idk.... I have mixed feelings on festival of fantasy. First, I 100% agree that it is watered down compared to what it used to be. But I do still think it is a good parade even in it's watered down format.

Do I wish they would bring it back to its former glory? Absolutely yes!

But while wishing for that I am still able to enjoy the parade. I was genuinely not able to enjoy its predecessor well before it finally retired. In fact I like FOF more than the current Castle show. Like a lot more.

As for the night parade...... This rumor is so long on the tooth I absolutely refuse to take it with more than just one grain of salt. Hopefully one day I'll be surprised but I'm no longer expecting that.

When Epic Universe opens in 2025 and then when 2025 comes and goes and we still don't have a night parade can we finally forever forever just kill that rumor? No? I didn't think so 🙂

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Nahhhh. It's still more then a cavalcade.

Question.... Does Disney's most visited Castle Park also have thee worst suite of entertainment offerings?
The only difference between this and the cavalcades is that this has more floats, it's a glorified cavalcade at this point, a very good one all things considered but still a cavalcade. To be clear I love FoF and want to see it stick around a little longer only if they at least bring back the rest of the performers, if you want to leave out the missing floats than so be it but at least bring back all the performers.

TTA94

The only difference between this and the cavalcades is that this has more floats, it's a glorified cavalcade at this point, a very good one all things considered but still a cavalcade. To be clear I love FoF and want to see it stick around a little longer only if they at least bring back the rest of the performers, if you want to leave out the missing floats than so be it but at least bring back all the performers.

Unfortunately from little bits here and there from the night parade thread it does seem like the general consensus is MK is not going to be getting a big grand nighttime parade and more something along the lines of a “party” type cavalcade or PTN in some way shape or form. If so FoF in its current form will fit in 🙄. At least that’s the impression I’m getting. For example this post:

The "whimsical elegance" entertainment directive at MK has been gone for more than a decade. Temper expectations here. As much as *we* love Spectro, it's not the direction this is going in.

PREMiERdrum

Unfortunately from little bits here and there from the night parade thread it does seem like the general consensus is MK is not going to be getting a big grand nighttime parade and more something along the lines of a “party” type cavalcade or PTN in some way shape or form. At least that’s the impression I’m getting. For example this post:
Your point is on, I'll add that the new drone show does dip a bit into the more "classic" style compared to more recent efforts. This was done mostly to appeal to locals Disney die-hards, as the main goal was to increase foot traffic at DS to appease their high-paying tenants. However, if guest feedback (which they certainly be over-collecting) gave them the right signal, we could potentially see a course correction.

As it stands though, the directive centers on a catchy, upbeat tune, dazzling visual presentation, and lots of characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom