News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

brb1006

Interesting Choices........ No Anna, No Finale Girls Daisy and Minnie are walking so Mickey's Audio loop can't be used. A bit Surprising after MMFF....I don't hate it, I'm glad it's back but MK should have gone for contact like MMFF .I don't get it....
Guess Kaitlyn Rodrock didn't re-record Minnie's lines.

jrhwdw

Guess Kaitlyn Rodrock didn't re-record Minnie's lines.
Who knows??? I'm guessing Minnie's Lines wouldn't work on the ground anyway. MK also didn't redo Mickey's Loop with only him talking. So, maybe it's a waiting game along with Anna and the Princes?

VJ

So is it going to be like this for the next 5 years until they pull another celebrate a dream come true? or will they add back performers sometime?
think of all the fireworks shows that have had entire sequences cut to save budget

do you really think these floats and dancers are coming back?

mattpeto

think of all the fireworks shows that have had entire sequences cut to save budget

do you really think these floats and dancers are coming back?

I know it’s easy to mock every decision as Disney cutting costs, but it’s getting old. (Not directed completely at you)

I don’t know if they will all come back, but there was a small chunk of people here yelled that parades and heck even fireworks weren’t ever coming back. They are eating crow today.

They are running the parade 2x, which should cost them more money then cutting a handful of dancers and characters. It sounds like the characters aren’t there is due to old Covid regulations. Even Anna is on marketing materials, she’ll be back.

ToTBellHop

I know it’s easy to mock every decision as Disney cutting costs, but it’s getting old. (Not directed completely at you)

I don’t know if they will all come back, but there was a small chunk of people here yelled that parades and heck even fireworks weren’t ever coming back. They are eating crow today.

They are running the parade 2x, which should cost them more money then cutting a handful of dancers and characters. It sounds like the characters aren’t there is due to old Covid regulations. Even Anna is on marketing materials, she’ll be back.
Yes. There were cuts but it’s not as dramatic as what we saw today. We already knew Brave was out (moved to a cavalcade) along with dancers. That doesn’t mean they will never have dancers in a parade again. C’mon.

We kept our dragon!

WorldExplorer

It’s all done internally in the department. They still have lists of people to recall. They’re just content with not spending the money.
I guess that's part of what I mean; staffing shortages get brought up often with stuff like this, but is it safe to say it's a choice thing and not that they just can't find the people?

Squishy

I wonder if they are planning on adding more performers later, I noticed the kept the beast restraint stick on the redone opening unit.
RRsiTUJ.png

Squishy

That’s honestly not much of a loss and most were happy to see it gone. Super buggy and problematic float that constantly had issues. More trouble than its worth.
Imo it wouldve been a better transition between pirates and Maleficent but they clearly don't care at this point sadly.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It’s really odd that this parade is “no contact” when other entertainment around property is. I wonder how long they’ll run this version of the parade before allowing actual dancing again.

They can probably get away with this for a short time, but I can’t see people accepting this long term.

Casper Gutman

Just to be 100% clear, you’re taking a victory lap here because one Disney World parade has returned, with enormous and very noticeable cuts?

I don’t follow the parades that closely, but it was my impression that, not so long ago, three WDW parks had daily parades and one had an evening parade as well.

Now, I never thought parades were gone for good and I never really saw anyone claim parades weren’t coming back, but if they did… one parade’s partial return out of four still has them at about 80% correct.

As for performers returning… why would WDW bring them back? Guests are still paying exorbitant ticket prices and flooding the parks. Adding back performers won’t bring in any more cash, but it will cost a bit. From Chapek’s perspective… why do that?

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

If they’re going to cut all the dancers can they at leas get some choreography for the ones that remain? They literally just walked the parade route waving. I’m assuming some of it is due to the fact rehearsals probably started during no touching rules? I really hope this isn’t what it looks like long term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom