Fantasmic Dinner Package

TiggerDaddy

Can anyone tell me if the Fantasmic dinner package is a good deal? Are the restaurants 6 year-old boy compatable? I would like to do it to avoid the wait for the show but I'm afraid my son won't like the food. :slurp:

Worldphile

For me, it was definitely worth it. My most precious commodity at WDW is time. So, if I can pay few bucks extra to avoid a 2 hour+ wait, I will.

The trade off is, your seats will be off center to the right. So, if you have to have the absolute BEST, dead center view, you'll be dissapointed. If you can live with being one section to the right (or more depending on how late you show up) then it is worth it.

Mama Melroses and/or Hollywood and Vine seem pretty 6 year old friendly. I'd probably avoid the Brown Derby.

Upvote 0

Lilo

In case you missed my thread here is how the new Fantasmic Dinner Package works. Between Nov. 22 and Dec. 22 you can only go to the 6 p.m. show. Which means you have to eat after the show. There is no lunch package. I am going to call again to see if I get a different answer. As far as a 6-year old going. I am taking my son who is also 6. Suggestion - try to eat around 5:00-5:30 they get hungry and cranky about that time, even though they might eat later at home.:lol:

P.S. you can check out www.mgmstudios.org and they have an update on how much the dinner package is.

Upvote 0

KarenP

I booked the package for a client for 11/23 at Hollywood & Vine. Her dining reservation is for 4:30 and Fantasmic is at 6:00 PM. The price for a family of 2 adults and 2 children was $72.04. I hope this helps!

Karen

Upvote 0

Lilo

I was trying to book the Brown Derby and they couldn't give me an earlier time to eat. From what I understand you can get the vouchers at the resort your staying at or from GR or Hollywood Junction.

Upvote 0
I booked today for December 8. The Brown Derby. The shows start at 6. We made reservations for 4PM. You pick up your tickets at guest relations at your hotel, if you are staying on site. I took my young teenage children to Brown Derby several years ago, and they struggled to find something to eat. I would think Mama Melrose or Hollywood and Vine would have more things pleasing to a youngster's palate. The price of the package includes gratuity.

Upvote 0

Lilo

Thanks Doombuggy. I think 4 p.m. might be a little early to eat, especially with my son. And I don't want to rush to get to the show. I know 2 hours should be enough, but depending on the crowd and how many in your party it could take at least 1-1/2 hours and they tell you that you should be waiting before the show at least 45 minutes (even with the vouchers). Sooo - I'm just going to make the regular old PS at 5:00-5:30 and then go to the 8 p.m. show. I checked out the kid's menu on Deb's web and everything on there he likes, so I luck out.

Upvote 0

TiggerDaddy

Original Poster
I like the idea of eating early and hitting the 6:00 show. Is the show as good if it not entirely dark yet. I know the time change won't happen for another couple of weeks (we are going Oct. 11 - Oct. 15. Actually, this brings another question...do they have two show that time of year? I never know whether to trust the web sites or not. No offense intended to WDW Magic, of course.

Upvote 0

Lilo

You can check Disney's web calendar. I looked for when I am going and there are two shows 6 and 8, but anything can change. We'll be there from Nov. 24 through Nov. 29 so I can pick any night.

Can't wait to go:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I would definatley do the Hollywood and Vine with a 6 year old. It's a character buffet meal with a special kiddie buffet. I do have the menu if you need it to see if he will like it. The characters are Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale and Pluto.

Upvote 0
Well, reading your replies to my post of going to Brown Derby, I did not realize, or was not informed by the Disney folks that there were two Fantasmic shows. I am not crazy about eating at 4, and I wonder if you can use the dinner package by going to the 6PM show then eating? Anyone know about this before I spend the $$ to call Disney once again. I will be there in December, and it appears that in November MGM closes at 7 or 8 (can't remember which), and perhaps there is only 1 Fantasmic show.

Wow, it's a lot of work planning all this fun. :p

Upvote 0

Lilo

According to the girl when I called, they were only offering the Fantasmic Package at the Brown Derby for the 6 p.m. showing. However, when I asked her she did say there were two shows, but they weren't given vouchers to the 8 p.m. show. MGM is open from 9 - 7 for most of November, except the week of Thanksgiving when they are open to 8 p.m. They haven't posted the December hours yet.:(

Upvote 0

Lilo

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
I would definatley do the Hollywood and Vine with a 6 year old. It's a character buffet meal with a special kiddie buffet. I do have the menu if you need it to see if he will like it. The characters are Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale and Pluto.

Thanks, but no thanks. Not that I don't like buffets or character meals, but we are going to Cape May Cafe every morning:hammer: for their character meal. My little man likes eating in grown up restaurants, and in one particular restaurant in our neighborhood he doesn't eat the children's menu. He has chicken franchaise (a full adult size) with potato, salad, dessert. And he's only 6?. I guess I'll need at least 3 refrigerators when he gets to be a teenager.:lol:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Lilo

Thanks, but no thanks. Not that I don't like buffets or character meals, but we are going to Cape May Cafe every morning:hammer: for their character meal. My little man likes eating in grown up restaurants, and in one particular restaurant in our neighborhood he doesn't eat the children's menu. He has chicken franchaise (a full adult size) with potato, salad, dessert. And he's only 6?. I guess I'll need at least 3 refrigerators when he gets to be a teenager.:lol:

Oh my..... Ok forget about the H&V. :lol:

When we stay at the Y&B we always do breakfast there. Have you ever eaten at the Clam bake? My family really enjoyed it.

Pam

Upvote 0

Lilo

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant

Oh my..... Ok forget about the H&V. :lol:

When we stay at the Y&B we always do breakfast there. Have you ever eaten at the Clam bake? My family really enjoyed it.

Pam

This is the first time at the BC. Personally I would love to do the Clam Bake (just have to convince the 2 boys:lol:). Actually, I would love to leave the two of them home and go by myself so I can do the things I want.:lol:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by no2apprentice
Kingdom, are you sure about the character meal at dinner at H&V? When we went last year, there was no character dinner. Or has it changed?

The characters are only there for B and L. No characters for dinner.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom