Fantasmic Dining - Mama Melrose

Herdman

Original Poster
Our 180+ day ADR window opens in a few days. I've been monitoring the availability of the ADR's that I am planning in the days leading up to our first day to try to put together a priority listing of the least available ones first. I've noticed since I've been checking that the latest available time for a Fantasmic dinner ADR at Mama Melrose is 3:00 PM. Does anyone recall if that is the normal latest time for that particular ADR? Fantasmic is projected to be at 9:00 PM on the day we are planning to attend, and that time just seemed a little early to me. Thanks!

belledream

The Fantasmic Dining Package does give you some weird times. I believe the latest the site lets you search for a reservation is 5:30 PM. I always end up with a time around 3:45 or something super early. But checking back in every so often, I was able to move things to 4:15...4:30, etc. So it might just be that availability is scarce, but you can always check back to see if you can adjust it.

Also, Mama's is technically in lunch mode at 3pm, but it shouldn't affect your meal since the menus are the same.

Herdman

Original Poster
What it's doing is the drop down box won't go past 3:00 PM. It's not like it goes until 5:30, but then it says none are available. It's like 3:00 PM is the latest time it's going to be offered.

belledream

Ah, I understand what you mean now. That is weird. What date are you looking at? (To see if other people are encountering the same issue). If all else fails, it’s worth a call to Disney Dining to see what’s up.

carriebeth

they were going to switch things up a bit for 2018 on the fantasmic dining package by no longer offering the appetizer as part of the deal...maybe they also reduced hours?

Herdman

Original Poster
Right now I'm looking at 05/08/18 which is the last day available I can see right now. Our arrival day is 5/12, but it's been 3:00 PM since at least late April.

belledream

I did a general search on 5/8 for 5pm and the latest I see for a MM F! package is 3:10pm. But searching specifically on the FDP page, I ese what you mean about 3pm being the latest option to search for. Weird how Brown Derby goes til 4:30 and Hollywood & Vine goes til 5. Maybe they are reducing hours. Wouldn't hurt to call at this point.

bback30

I've done the Fantasmic! dinner package twice and both times we had to eat at a weird time. My guess if because they use the package as a way to get people into the restaurant at off times. We felt it was worth it both times, you get a good amount of food for a good price and the seating is nice too. We did the HBD and MM.

Minnesota disney fan

Our 180+ day ADR window opens in a few days. I've been monitoring the availability of the ADR's that I am planning in the days leading up to our first day to try to put together a priority listing of the least available ones first. I've noticed since I've been checking that the latest available time for a Fantasmic dinner ADR at Mama Melrose is 3:00 PM. Does anyone recall if that is the normal latest time for that particular ADR? Fantasmic is projected to be at 9:00 PM on the day we are planning to attend, and that time just seemed a little early to me. Thanks!

My husband and I actually booked Mama Melrose's once for the fantasmic show. We asked for the latest sitting, and were given 3pm, but that was 3 years ago. We have eaten at MM's twice now, and absolutely loved the food. The service was fine, the wait staff excellent, loved the kitchy Italian decorations, and the food was very good.
I know that MM's gets some bad reviews, but I can only report what we experienced. We will book it again.

DfromATX

I've had that problem too. I posted about it on here a while back and I remember someone told me they were able to get a more normal dinner time, but I haven't had luck. I'm planning our trip for June and our 180 day is coming up so I've been playing around with the reservations also, same thing early dinner times -- or super late lunch times, however you wanna look at it.

DfromATX

I've done the Fantasmic! dinner package twice and both times we had to eat at a weird time. My guess if because they use the package as a way to get people into the restaurant at off times. We felt it was worth it both times, you get a good amount of food for a good price and the seating is nice too. We did the HBD and MM.

Now I remember... I called too and that's what they told me (that they use the package to fill up at odd times).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom