News Fantasmic! closing for refurbishment this week

gerarar

Premium Member
Hope they fix a number of things!
  • Lasers on left and right on mountain not working. Only middle one currently working.
  • Snow White barge still missing and gone. Last we heard is that they had to completely rebuild and repair the thing..
  • Some of the fountains don’t work in the beginning. Takes a while during Mickey’s conducting for them to finally turn on and work. My guess is that the computer handling ‘em becomes unresponsive and they have to restart it during the opening sequence.

EDIT: Is Snow White's barge still MIA?
    Yep, I saw it this past Christmas twice and it was still missing. Also saw a live stream the other day.

gerarar

Premium Member
Byyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! When is this getting replaced? Or, at the VERY least, updated??
I’m not sure why people would want a show like Fantasmic! get removed. That would leave Hollywood Studios without a nighttime spectacular....as the current shows on the Chinese Theater don’t even use the firework launches to their full capabilities...

Yes the show is old and dated, but it still makes thousands of people smile and happy every night. I only get to visit WDW every couple years, and this is my favorite show to see every single trip. It’s really nice to see all the reactions around you throughout the show. Even just reading reviews on Google Maps makes me realize the show must stay!

What this show really needs is a technical overhaul and refurbishment. Implement some of the technology used in F! 2.0 down in Disneyland, as well update some of the key story parts, aka Pocahontas, Lion King, princess, villains, etc. Although I like the many villains we have in our version compared to the 3 or 4 they have in DL.

If the argument is space and daily capacity, HS still has many other unused expansion areas that can be utilized and built afaik. It would just be a mistake to get ride of such a large night show for the park.

ObscurityPoint

I mean it’s only one night so I don’t expect any significant changes, but if someone could update this thread when it reopens and they see anything updated, please post about it because I’m curious

saxamoophone

I’d imagine Fantasmic will get its upgrade after Epcot 2.0 is complete and expansion at Studios Paris and California Adventure. Keep in mind DisneyParks has been doing a great job delivering strong earnings while also maintaining a large investment into the parks for several years now.

Lilofan

So we shut down the attraction for one night to replace some lightbulbs that should be replaced as they burn out? wow.
Repairs to include light bulbs included are scheduled in advance since some work on attractions are labor intensive and places require downtime to get things corrected.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Saw the show on the 15th, Snow White barge was missing, and Maleficent was stuck on stage for an extended period, causing water curtain to be raised to 100% output past the end of the show finale and into the post show period. I know this has occurred a few times recently, perhaps it is to allow extra time to work on hydraulic system?

Walt d

I’m not sure why people would want a show like Fantasmic! get removed. That would leave Hollywood Studios without a nighttime spectacular....as the current shows on the Chinese Theater don’t even use the firework launches to their full capabilities...

Yes the show is old and dated, but it still makes thousands of people smile and happy every night. I only get to visit WDW every couple years, and this is my favorite show to see every single trip. It’s really nice to see all the reactions around you throughout the show. Even just reading reviews on Google Maps makes me realize the show must stay!

What this show really needs is a technical overhaul and refurbishment. Implement some of the technology used in F! 2.0 down in Disneyland, as well update some of the key story parts, aka Pocahontas, Lion King, princess, villains, etc. Although I like the many villains we have in our version compared to the 3 or 4 they have in DL.

If the argument is space and daily capacity, HS still has many other unused expansion areas that can be utilized and built afaik. It would just be a mistake to get ride of such a large night show for the park.
I was fortunate to be there on opening night. And i too would hate for bobby I to need to change this, too. Not everything has to be changed. Bobby!

yensidtlaw1969

I mean, the poster you're replying to DID day replace or update, not remove . . . so I'm not certain what you're disagreeing with.

As someone who enjoys Fantasmic!, my interest in WDW's production dropped after seeing the Disneyland original, and then plummeted after seeing Disneyland's updated version. The writing, pacing, and staging of the new version is admittedly imperfect and possibly a step backward, but the tech dazzles and would make a tremendous difference if Fantasmic! is to continue in DHS.

I sort of hesitate to trust in their ability to generate a new totally new show that tugs at the same emotions . . . we've all seen what's happening over at World Showcase Lagoon.

Epcot_Imagineer

Something fairly big had to have happened in order for them to need a show close... anyone have any idea?

EDIT: Not big enough to where they announced an immediate indefinite closure, but enough to where they could only announce two days out.

roj2323

Something fairly big had to have happened in order for them to need a show close... anyone have any idea?

This is the time of the year when they usually rebuild the Dragon and do safety upgrades or changes. This is the time of the year when they added the the neon vein strips to the dragon couple years ago for example

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom