Fanstamic dining?

Johnguelff

Original Poster
Recently back from a trip to wdw in May and going back in September. Hopefully less crowds. Haha.while at Hollywood studios watching fantasmic, there was a roped off section with many people dining during the show. I can't seem to find any info on this. Anyone know what was going on ? Also, first post, though I've been lurking forever!

ninjaprincesst

It is called just that the Fantasmic dining Package. You have the choice of three places Hollywood and Vine, Mama Melroses and The Hollywood Brown Derby. You must book the Fantasmic dining package when you eat they will give you a voucher for Fantasmic there is a separate line the for dining package and you will be allowed to choose a seat in the reserved area. You usually don't need to line up as early as you would for stand by or fastpass. You can book on line just look for the Fantasmic dining package or click on one of the three resteraunts on the website for more information.

Johnguelff

Original Poster
That is the package that literally let you eat WHILE viewing fantasmic? It sounded like a meal at those places and "tickets" to watch fantasmic. When I was there in may, they literally were serving food, at roped off tables at the top of the amphitheater during the show . Sorry for being so long winded.

rob0519

Never heard of being served during Fantasmic. I wonder if it was a pilot for a new kind of dinner/dessert party? We did the original Fantasmic Dining option a few years ago. Dinner was actually only so-so. The worst part was you pay extra to be able to get that seat at Fantasmic, but if it's cancelled due to lightning or rain, you're simply out of luck. Which is what happened to us. No rain, just lightning in the area.

Johnguelff

Original Poster
That's exactly why I don't want to do the fantasmic dining option. Though even in may, I used one fast pass for fantasmic and got right in. That seemed like the best choice. At the time

Cowboy Steve

That is the package that literally let you eat WHILE viewing fantasmic? It sounded like a meal at those places and "tickets" to watch fantasmic. When I was there in may, they literally were serving food, at roped off tables at the top of the amphitheater during the show . Sorry for being so long winded.
No. At least that isn't how it worked when we went. You ate at some time during the day at one of 2 TS restaurants (we ate at Mama Melrose's) then were guaranteed a seat at one of the 2 showings. What you are describing sounds like a special event. Maybe a group or organization had something going on at the show. The dining package reserved seating wasn't any better - just meant you didn't have to wait in line for an hour (or more) before the show so you could get a seat. It was worth it to do once. We might do it again in the future - specially if we are going to eat at Mama's again lol. Currently I'm only seeing 2 restaurants that offer the Fantasmic Dinner Package - Brown Derby and Mama Melrose's. We don't have any interest in eating at the Brown Derby... and there were some other TS restaurants we wanted to try this trip. I am kinda hoping RoL gets on track before our visit in December so we can maybe do a Tiffins Dinner Package. Since RoL will be new, might be worth it just to get a seat at the show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom