Family of 5, three teenage boys resort help

slappy magoo

Have you looked into renting DVC points for a stay? Its not really a secret but you can generally stay onsite in a Deluxe for the same or less as a moderate. We've stayed at Animal Kingdom, Boardwalk, Beach Club for about what POR would cost. Next trip in May is 5 nights at Boardwalk for $1190. No charge for parking and all taxes/fees already included. Be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Not familiar with DVC points. How does this work?
Disney Vacation Club (timeshare) owners can "rent" out their points to others. There are two major sites online that coordinate rentals that I'm aware of, though you can also arrange it privately through a DVC owner if you know one who is willing. I've rented twice through David's DVC Rentals. I believe the cheapest rooms are at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, and Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani Village. David's has a cost calculator online. I'm sure the DVC Rental Store has one as well.

I'd highly suggest going onto David's DVC Rentals and checking out their cost calculator. All you need to do is specify the dates you intend to be at WDW and it spits out the price for every DVC resort, every room type, and every view type. It can't tell you for sure what's available, just what you'd pay if what you want IS available, and that's an all-inclusive price, no extra taxes or fees.

What it does not include is all the other incidentals - they can't give you any sort of package price with tickets and meal plans. But sometimes the difference in the price of a room compared to WDW's rack rates - or even promotional rates - can be sizable.

Sometimes. You gotta do the homework. Prices for 1BR Villas usually aren't that much of a difference, but studios are big savings. Currently, a week starting June 2nd, standard views at Kidani Village, Saratoga or Old Key West, room would average 230-240 a night. But based on your family size you'd still need 2 rooms like you would with 2 Value rooms. And based on the way the room are configured they wouldn't be connecting, though I'm sure they would try to get you close to each other.

I'd also point out that for those dates, All Star Music has their suites available for $276 a night (plus tax), which could put all of you into one room roughly the size of two value rooms.

disneyflush

Slappy's post is spot on. If you want to squeeze into a Studio you would save a bit over 2 moderate rooms. If you need to spread out then AS Music is a great option. Good luck.

ThatMouse

If it's June 2nd 2019 then DVC means Saratoga or picking up a cancelation. You need to book those 11 months out. But again look at what the beds are, because even the 1BR is basically a studio and living room with only a pull out sofa.

utterlunacy

Disney Vacation Club (timeshare) owners can "rent" out their points to others. There are two major sites online that coordinate rentals that I'm aware of, though you can also arrange it privately through a DVC owner if you know one who is willing. I've rented twice through David's DVC Rentals. I believe the cheapest rooms are at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, and Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani Village. David's has a cost calculator online. I'm sure the DVC Rental Store has one as well.
This is absolutely the way to go. We have done this twice now and been able to stay at Poly for the price of a moderate. We used Davids and found it to be very easy to use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom