Family claims white rabbit refused to touch kids (Disneyland)

Cosmic Commando

If it's not the characters touching people too much, it's the characters not touching people enough! This seems like a classic "get a settlement to make it go away trial". How would you even prove that the character treated them differently because they were black? Sometimes they might be trying to play a game with you that you don't get, or maybe the Rabbit thought he was getting signals from the kids that they didn't want to be touched? It just seems like such an abstract thing to prove! Not to mention if they went back for "surveillance" on the White Rabbit, it could have easily been a different person. Please please please please please pretty pretty please let there have been a black person inside the costume that shift! That would be something!

dcibrando

Original Poster
on my last trip... Tiana put her arms around my wife and my kid but not around me. I'm white, I'm gonna sue disney as this was truely racist - how dare they scar me for life like that

I went to buy a LeFou's Brew and it had some sort of white foam on top, clearly racist as well
Have you seen the monorails and busses... yep all white
The new grand floridian they are building... you guessed it

Disney is so evil - at least Shamu is half and half

So I said all of that for a laugh.. not to inject racist jokes or anything... but you see how stupid that sounds? Too many people try to claim racism against others when it is really them who are doing it and creating a wall between different races (my opinion). Racism will always be a "thing" talked about if we can't just see each other as PEOPLE, or a character from alice and wonderland. Black, white, asian, hispanic, who cares honestly?

draybook

Sorry, but I find it both ironic AND hilarious that their last name is Black. So when you first read it it says "the Blacks" and I'm like whoa, racist reporting? Then I re-read it and was like oh, ok........

Being that it's in SoCal, I find it hard to believe that this character has managed to segregate, seeing as how there's a HUGE diversification in that area.

bsiev1977

I saw this story online this morning. At face value, I'd call BS, unless there is some kind of video evidence that can prove malice toward the Black family.

It's sad that based in this family's claim Disney seemed to immediately try to pay them off. When a company does that, it does make me a little suspicious that the claims were true to at least some degree.

Although, more likely than not Disney could smell a rat, and was trying to give these people what they wanted, which was a freebie because of some imaginary slight they think they received.

bsiev1977

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...eyland-character-refused-to-touch-their-kids/ (corrected link)

Disneyland....but I thought it was worthy of discussion

Don't make this a racial discussion please - I just think its another way for someone to get money from Disney and unfortunately they are using this as the issue. what do you think
I know you don't want the discussion going to an uncomfortable place, but there is no way to avoid the racial aspect here. Like I said previously, unless there is video of the incident in question, this looks like another case of a minority group overreacting to something innocent. Others have said, the characters goof around with guests all the time. This African-American family decided to cry racism because a giant rabbit didn't hug their kids enough to suit them. It is a racial issue because only minority groups can make claims like this.

MaryJaneP

Sounds like the congressman that was decrying the name given to the remnant of an exploded star that emits no light. Perhaps it has to do with the month of February.

captainkidd

Sorry, but I find it both ironic AND hilarious that their last name is Black. So when you first read it it says "the Blacks" and I'm like whoa, racist reporting? Then I re-read it and was like oh, ok........

LOL - I was thinking the same thing. Like, what newspaper is this????

bsiev1977

I agree, people will sue for anything, but honestly, I'd say they have a legit complaint.
I'm still not sure. What makes me even remotely believe their claim is that Disney so quickly tried to buy them off.
I guess a big part of me can't comprehend the stupidity of a CM who would do something like that so brazenly.

captainkidd

I'm still not sure. What makes me even remotely believe their claim is that Disney so quickly tried to buy them off.
I guess a big part of me can't comprehend the stupidity of a CM who would do something like that so brazenly.

Yeah, I guess it could have been a set up, and they just took the picture when the rabbit wasn't touching their kids. Hard to say without video evidence.

bsiev1977

Yeah, I guess it could have been a set up, and they just took the picture when the rabbit wasn't touching their kids. Hard to say without video evidence.
I'm not even saying it was necessarily a set up. Just at maybe this family misconstrued how the rabbit was interacting with the kids.

By jumping to pay them off, Disney makes themselves look guilty regardless of what really happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom