Fallout show

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Has anyone else watched it? I just finished it this morning and I have to say, it's one of the best videogame adaptations to date. Arguably the best in my opinion. It holds very true to the games but at the same time it's not excluding to people who haven't played them. It really felt like Fallout. The humor, the visuals, the characters, and the overall absurdity. It was a home run in my book.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
@AdventureHasAName
I've been a big fan of the games since the release of 3. If you play games, I'd suggest playing them. One of the great things about the show, is anyone can enjoy it. It's how this type of thing should be done. Hopefully Netflix is paying attention and they take the same care with Bioshock.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

Original Poster
At least we now have official confirmation that season 2 is a go. I have a feeling it won't be out until maybe late 25 but most likely 26. Hopefully they fast track it as I'm betting the basic screenplay is done.

sedati

A competent but uninspired show. I really expected to enjoy this more. Not that it wasn't a good watch, but it was entirely devoid of any greatness. Everything was just fine. Writing, directing, acting, production, even music- all fine. Unfortunately the last episode was my least favorite, so I'm not sure how excited I am for more. Maybe the fact that I watched "The Last of Us" recently skewed my take as that really hit, and hit often (though not devoid of flaws) "Fallout" seemed more suited to my tastes, but only felt like someone checking off marks on a list. Hoping "Bioshock" exceeds expectations.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Maybe the fact that I watched "The Last of Us" recently skewed my take as that really hit, and hit often (though not devoid of flaws) "Fallout" seemed more suited to my tastes, but only felt like someone checking off marks on a list. Hoping "Bioshock" exceeds expectations.
I can get that. For me I felt that way about last of us. But I do see why it was so popular. I would say the ending of fallout was probably my least favorite as well. I'm just not a big cliffhanger fan. Leaving small threads and hints of what to come is fine. But this was most definitely planned as one big story. They tied the first season up the best they could. But it was still a bit of an annoyance that we're going to have to wait most likely over a year to see what happens.

Bioshock is the big one inmy book. That's the real test to see if they've figured the video game adaptation out. Borderlands was too late in the game for them to learn from fallout or last of us. But Bioshock is one of my favorite games, so I have extremely high hopes for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom